Wiscombe Hill Climb (Devon) 25-26 July '15 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 28-05-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
Talking Wiscombe Hill Climb (Devon) 25-26 July '15

So I went along to the Wiscombe Hill Climb a few weeks back to see the classical sports cars racing up one of the most demanding hill climb courses (I actually went to see the bluebells at Blackbury Camp but seeing as that was going on right next to it I thought I'd pop over and check it out). I spotted this wonderful 20s classic Alfa Romeo 6C 1500 in the car park/field (attached).

Anyway it seems that the National Hill Climb Championships will be happening on the 25th-26th July 2015 which should be well worth seeing. I think I'll probably go, anyone wanna come along? Not sure of the prices but last time it was about 25 a head.

See the country's fastest car and driver combinations battling for all important national championship points. Saturday is devoted to practice with the all important qualifying runs commencing on Sunday morning where the elite drivers will be looking to qualify for the exciting and dramatic 'Top 12 Shootouts' of which there will be two during the course of the day. Racing cars with in excess of 600 b.h.p. being skillfully driven on this technically challenging course provide a great spectacle which makes this a 'must do' meeting.
Wiscombe Park meetings in 2015
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-05-10 15.17.00.jpg (156.7 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
Hey AlfaBliss; the Wiscombe event you refer to - did that take place on the 9th & 10th May?

If so was present at both myself - the 500 Owners Club ran on the Sat and 'our' (VSCC) event ran on the Sun; 'Alf' played course car on the latter :-)

Wiscombe is a fantastic venue; not only for the driver but for the spectator as well - one of my favourite hill climb venues in the country...you never know, if clear on the 25th/26th July; I may just wander along myself.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 26-06-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
Hi Andy, yes I was there for the 500 Owners Club/VSCC events, it was so good I ended up going for both days It's a really good day out, I've been to the Shelsley Walsh hill climb with a few of the folks on here, and I'll be going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Sunday. Looking forward to the July event at Wiscombe Park - keep an eye out for the guy with an aussie style hat and ponytail and say Hi is you spot me (I'm Kit btw).
AO Member

County: Devon
Hi all, I think the dates are incorrect, This is taken from the website.

July 30/31 2016 See the country's fastest car and driver combinations battling for all important national championship points. Saturday is devoted to practice with the all important qualifying runs commencing on Sunday morning where the elite drivers will be looking to qualify for the exciting and dramatic 'Top 12 Shootouts' of which there will be two during the course of the day. Racing cars with in excess of 600 b.h.p. being skillfully driven on this technically challenging course provide a great spectacle which makes this a 'must do' meeting.

The venue is cracking for the spectator as you say. Lots of vantage points.

Every boy wants an Alfa.
Most end up with a VW.

County: Cork
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac gtv View Post
Hi all, I think the dates are incorrect, This is taken from the website.

July 30/31 2016
You have revived the thread for the 2015 event

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
2526 , climb , devon , hill , july , wiscombe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page