Do I join AROC? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 19 Old 21-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
Do I join AROC?

Hullo lovely peeps. Am considering joining AROC again. How many folk on here are members?
Am in North Devon
sopranofan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #2 of 19 Old 22-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
Come on guys, give me a break......no one got anything to say? I'm harmless enough.
sopranofan is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Almo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cornwall
Posts: 623
Seems like they do a lot of meets in the Southwest....
Almo is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
AnthonyJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 2,110
There always has been a well supported southwest section. If you get in touch with Andy, (Devon Section) or Nick, (Somerset) they can tell you about their up and coming events. If you go onto the AROC site there are regional section details. I have been an AROC member since the 80's and most of the people I count as friends or socialise with are mostly due to some Alfa connection from the club.
AnthonyJohn is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 19 Old 27-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
Thank you for posting, AJ
Ever been to any of their meets?
sopranofan is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
AnthonyJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 2,110
Yes, I lived in Devon for about 10 years a regularly went along to Andy's group. At that time Nick was a member of that section before setting up his own region as he lived near Taunton and it was just a bit too far.
Both are great, friendly blokes, Andy used to work at a Newton Abbot Alfa dealership in the 80's and is a mine of information. As I now live in Dorset I tag along to the Wessex section, whenever there is a large Alfa gathering you can always be sure of finding both Andy and Nick in the crowd, (I even saw them at Arese in 2010). I would imagine they will be at Brooklands if you are going along.
AnthonyJohn is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 19 Old 28-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
I think I'm persuaded. Probably join again @ AROC National Day 10 May. AJ, nice to 'meet' you.
sopranofan is offline  
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 30,126
Come & say hi to a fellow Soprano Fan at NAW
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 19 Old 28-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Come & say hi to a fellow Soprano Fan at NAW
Erm, wasn't that you I saw at Alfaholics/Castle Combe recently......mentioned something about Facebook?
sopranofan is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 19 Old 28-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Come & say hi to a fellow Soprano Fan at NAW
Seriously though, 3 cars going from here. What time @ M4/M5 junction on the Saturday ...... Convoying?
sopranofan is offline  
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 30,126
I was at Alfaholics on the Friday but not the track I need to be at Boughton on Friday for NAW setup
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 19 Old 28-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
So we did meet then at Alfaholics.....I was the old geezer
sopranofan is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
sedgewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 255
Hi Sopranofan - Somerset AROC meet is 1st Tuesday in month at Merry Monk Monkton Heathfield nr Taunton - not as per the AROC website. Nick is still the main man though he is not the official rep/secretary/chairman but we make him still do all 3....! Around a dozen guys turn up, not all AROC members but all have an Italian car [or 2] Nice to chat & help each other if possible. There is an Italian trip planned for September.
sedgewood is offline  
(Post Link) post #14 of 19 Old 29-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedgewood View Post
Hi Sopranofan - Somerset AROC meet is 1st Tuesday in month at Merry Monk Monkton Heathfield nr Taunton - not as per the AROC website. Nick is still the main man though he is not the official rep/secretary/chairman but we make him still do all 3....! Around a dozen guys turn up, not all AROC members but all have an Italian car [or 2] Nice to chat & help each other if possible. There is an Italian trip planned for September.

Great stuff and many thanks Taunton's not too far from us here in N Devon. Would your AROC group be interested in posting onto my Facebook group........Alfa Romeo Lovers in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Beyond?
sopranofan is offline  
(Post Link) post #15 of 19 Old 29-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohn View Post
Yes, I lived in Devon for about 10 years a regularly went along to Andy's group. At that time Nick was a member of that section before setting up his own region as he lived near Taunton and it was just a bit too far.
Both are great, friendly blokes, Andy used to work at a Newton Abbot Alfa dealership in the 80's and is a mine of information. As I now live in Dorset I tag along to the Wessex section, whenever there is a large Alfa gathering you can always be sure of finding both Andy and Nick in the crowd, (I even saw them at Arese in 2010). I would imagine they will be at Brooklands if you are going along.
What's Andy's AO name please?
sopranofan is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
AnthonyJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 2,110
Strangely enough, I don't think that I have ever known him be on this site although I might be wrong. His full name and address details are available on the AROC Devon section register.
AnthonyJohn is offline  
(Post Link) post #17 of 19 Old 30-04-14 Thread Starter
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
sopranofan's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 729
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohn View Post
Strangely enough, I don't think that I have ever known him be on this site although I might be wrong. His full name and address details are available on the AROC Devon section register.
sopranofan is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Peteimpreza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 39

Member car:

Mito Cloverleaf

What do you get for the membership fee?
Peteimpreza is offline  
Status: Molto felice
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 54,872
Gibbo is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
aroc , join

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome