Servicing in the south west? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 13-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Devon
Servicing in the south west?

Hi all, sorry to ask the same old question but, i brought my car on finance from vospers and its first service is due in 5,000 miles. will i have to take it to vospers for its service? I have had it with vospers. They have given me the worst customer service ever, have barely addressed some of the problems i stated, and a monkey could of done a better job putting my mito back together after its respray. After all that my car was given back filthy and one of the workers had put their oily mitts on my dash wipes (petty i know but that was the cherry on top).

Further more my dad has just brought a lovely 147 from a dealer in london however on the drive home it wasn't sounding great and felt like it had a issue with something knocking. The dealer had it booked into vospers for a check up just for the technician to blame it on "new brakes". After my dad to it into work and inspected it himself turns after both drivshafts are leaking and the rear nearside wheel is buckled and the belly pan?? has been hacked off.

I didn't want to brand Vospers rubbish online but i'm fed up with their lack of customer service, it seems they were more than happy to sell me the car but now they have made the sale, they couldn't give two

Sorry for my rant.

So heres the question, can my alfa be serviced else where? or must it be serviced by vospers? If it can be serviced elsewhere, does anyone have any recommendations?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

I don't know of any independents near to or in Devon, sadly, as Bensport in Somerset seems to have stopped doing Alfa work.

You might try bringing this up with Dave Allen, manager at Vospers Exeter, who seemed determined to change his company's appalling image. He registered here as username Vospers Alfa.

May be worth a complaint?
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 15-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

thanks for the help i may have to. I inspected my alfa further yesterday and found my bulbs cover from my headlight lying in the engine bay, i looked to see where it came from and the guys in the garage had GLUED on a different cover all together. i will contact him tonight. Thanks for the help
jay w

Hi Mito,

Really sorry to hear about your problems you and your family have had, as Batman said, drop Dave an email or PM, i'm not saying he will work miracles but he may be able to help, or know someone who can.

Whereabouts in Devon are you?

(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 17-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi Jay w, im in north devon thanks for showing your concerns, im also sending a letter to vospers and aruk. The thing is fiat vospers handle the customer services and ford vospers dealt with the,body repairs. Just not my week this week. Looks like some little **** has kicked a ball at my door and left it with scratches all over the drivers door right down to the primer, ironic that its been mint for over a year then its been resprayed for less than a week and its got some scracthes on it :,( thanks for your support guys i will keep you informed at whats going to happen.
AO Trader
Authorised Dealership

Member car:

Giulietta

Was good to have a chat hopefully we can get this resolved for you and turn your opinions of vospers around if you need anything more in the future or are not happy with anything or anyone in vospers please do call me staight away and i will help as much as i can. When we do restore your faith in vospers please call me and we will get that service sorted for you with the 10% discount we offer the alfa owner forum.

Many Thanks
Dave Allen
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 18-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks again Dave, feeling alot better about the situation now i've talked to you, thanks for getting it sorted. I wish the whole of Vopers was on one site, i miss going in the alfa showroom i was clouded and forgot how helpful everyone was in there. Shame the other people let you down.

Thanks again
Tom

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
servicing , south , west

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page