Please help me find this car!! Please!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 20-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

Alfa

Help Please help me find this car!! Please!!!

Hi All, wondering if anyone can help??? i am looking for a specific Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6, Registration UAM 4Y. It is red and i think it was registered around the year 1982/83.
It was my Grandfather's car and was his pride and joy!! Unfortunatley after his death in 1996 my Grandmother reluctantley sold it. But i was very close to him and we both shared a bond with the car. I have often wondered over the years where the car is and if one day i could buy it back.
I seem to remember the guy that bought it was going to restore it and put it into shows, so i am hoping that someone on here may know where the car is?? if the owner does not want to sell it, it would just be great to see the car again, especially if it has been restored!
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Richard.

Last edited by RichieD; 22-09-10 at 22:10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
Was it definitely sold to someone in the South West, if so any rough idea where? You might want to try looking through some photo's of regional meets and events, if it's a looker then it might pop up there; https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...es/index4.html

I shall certainly keep an eye out for it when I'm out and about at these events.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol
Perhaps it would be best to check the reg with DVLA to see
if it still exists before setting out on a wild goose chase

(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 21-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa

Thanks AlfaBliss, Yeah it was definatley sold in the south west, it was sold in Frome, Somerset, i think it was 1996 maybe 97. The guy that bought it was definatley from the south west too but i just cant remember exactly where. The car was in good nick then and the guy said he was going to put it into shows so fingers crossed i can track it down!!
But i really appreciate you keeping an eye out for it!!

Thanks again

Last edited by RichieD; 21-09-10 at 14:03.
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 21-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Perhaps it would be best to check the reg with DVLA to see
if it still exists before setting out on a wild goose chase
Hi Gibbo,

Yeah, I checked the DVLA and the car is definatley still on the road! thanks for your reply, i really appreciate all the help that i can get!

Cheers!
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 21-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaBliss View Post
Was it definitely sold to someone in the South West, if so any rough idea where? You might want to try looking through some photo's of regional meets and events, if it's a looker then it might pop up there; https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...es/index4.html

I shall certainly keep an eye out for it when I'm out and about at these events.
Thanks AlfaBliss, Yeah it was definatley sold in the south west, it was sold in Frome, Somerset, i think it was 1996 maybe 97. The guy that bought it was definatley from the south west too but i just cant remember exactly where. The car was in good nick then and the guy said he was going to put it into shows so fingers crossed i can track it down!!
But i really appreciate you keeping an eye out for it!!

Thanks again
AO Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

gtv v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieD View Post
Hi Gibbo,

Yeah, I checked the DVLA and the car is definatley still on the road! thanks for your reply, i really appreciate all the help that i can get!

Cheers!
The car is on the MID so is still being driven around. Im a delivery driver in the Southwest so will keep my eyes open for it.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 21-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonheart68 View Post
The car is on the MID so is still being driven around. Im a delivery driver in the Southwest so will keep my eyes open for it.
Thanks Dragonheart!

Thats great! I just wish i could remember where the guy lived! but that would be great if you could keep an eye out for me! like i say, when it was sold it was in good nick and a lovely looking car so hopefully it should stand out, especially if the guy has restored it. Also the number plate stands out a bit UAM 4Y.
Thanks again for your help!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
car , find

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page