I am back with a new toy - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 14-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cornwall
I am back with a new toy

Hello All
Well....They say it gets into your blood. Bought a 156 2.0l off ebay on Sunday and picked it up today. More miles than a London Taxi but the most comprehensive service history I have ever seen. Needs some paint and has had a fair amount of welding (Done well enough - Not restoration standard but better than most) and apart from an intermittent low rev missfire (MAF or TPS?) I drove 122 miles from Bristol to Liskeard without a hitch.
I also beat my Jamaica Inn to Golitha "Best Time" by a full 2 minutes......Yes I know I shouldn't use public highways as test tracks but its an Alfa and every now and then conditions are perfect etc etc.
I will post some pics if someone tells me how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
It sounds like you've gotchaself a good runner there! At the end of the day an Alfa's an Alfa, they're all great!

I'm constantly getting in trouble for posting pictures in the wrong places. Unfortunately the [ IMG ] tags are disabled here, but if you want to you can attach thumbnails goto the 'Additional Options' section below. Click 'manage attachments' then 'Choose File' browse to your picture 'OK' and 'Upload', close the window and hey presto! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics!
AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaBliss View Post
At the end of the day an Alfa's an Alfa, they're all great!

[/I]

well said that man
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 26-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

iAlfa - Hold on to your 145 Cloverleaf!! - I was down at my garage this am and a bloke came in with a TR6 that was being naughty - turned out to be the metering unit shaking itself to pieces as usual. Sorry I am having a Grandpa Simpson moment.

Where were we...Right....We got talking and it turns out he also has some rather nice Italiana (but no Alfas). He has just come back from some big classic car meet near Milan and apparently 145s and especially Cloverleaf are starting to shoot up in value because they are the "in thing" over there atm.

It sort of reflects what happened here with the whole Retro Ford thing - I was offered a pile of rust Anglia a while back that the owner wanted 700 for. It had more holes in it than a coallition manifesto and was almost as rotten.

I gather that 145s are very easy to covert back to LHD.

My new toy now has a new air-box/inlet box, Lambda, MAF and injector seals as well as replacement of most vacuum/inlet hoses (I hate those bloody clips!) apart from one that we didn't have "On the Roll" in the garage..........And she is lovely again.

What happened to the airbox you ask? :
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...or-i-am-a.html
AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

thanks alibob , i will take that on board

just driven the 145 to padstow and back , for a few days with friends , did not miss a beat

although the induction kit the last owner put on is probably going to be junked and replaced by the std airbox and a panel filter , better response , but i think i will keep the powerflow cat back system , unless someone can give me a good reason to get rid ?
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 30-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Naahh.....Go for the cat back SS and keep the airflow kit on. Just keep the original bits stored somewhere. I used to have a lovely 146 ti and kept it for nearly a year (Second longest Alfa in my time)
but during that time I replaced most of the exhaust twice. Even then the back box was around 120.00 trade. It also ate anti-roll bar bushes like I eat Crunchies.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
back , toy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page