Festival of Innovation - Wroughton 12 - 13 Sept. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 08-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo

Festival of Innovation - Wroughton 12 - 13 Sept.

How about joining the Italian Auto Moto Club in our a display of Italian transport at the Science Museum Festival Of Innovation at Wroughton, Wiltshire over the weekend of September 12th-13th? Public admission 10 am - 5pm on both days.

The weekend-long event is suitable for all ages, so come along and try your hand at a science workshop, help with our conservation work, have a go at the latest interactive games, or simply enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of vintage and modern technology in action.

Highlights include

TTxGP - electric motorbikes
Bloodhound SSC speed record vehicle
Morgan motorcars celebrating thier centenary
Orienteering and geocaching activities
Science shows and workshops
Vintage motorcycle sprints
Classic and futuristic car displays
Leading technology and gadgets to have a go on
Intel gaming and technology showcase, plus much, much more…

Directions
Science Museum at Wroughton is situated off the A4361 Wroughton to Avebury road.

GPS: SN4 9LT

Leave M4 at J16 taking the road for Wroughton but after about half a mile, instead of taking the left turning for Wroughton - just carry straight on for Salthrop (watch for the tight bends after the woods) and then turn left at the main road A4361. Travel about 1 mile and past the red brick farm buildings on the right. Then you will come to two bus stops, on opposite sides of the road to each other, then IMMEDIATELY on the right is the road to the Red Gate entrance. (This route avoids having to go through Wroughton town.) Go in and pay £5 per car entry. Tell the marshals you want to join the IAMC display and turn Left at the T junction. Drive on towards the hangar buildings and you will see the IAMC area on your right close to the Morgan display. We have a section of runway / taxi way on which to park up. Normal parking will be on grass but with us you get a runway!

This is a rare chance to see some of the 'large objects' which the Science Museum keeps behind closed doors at Wroughton which are not often on public display. This has the makings of an unusual and interesting event, so don't miss out!

As discussed with Jay on Sunday last - all AO folks will be most welcome (Italian vehicles only please).

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/site...ion%20pdf.ashx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Gloucestershire
Garage
I'll be there of course.

I visited the Science Museum storage hangers at Wroughton years ago on a Haynes Rally, and the collection of stuff in there was boggling. It's rare that they open in to the public, so it's well worth a look and quite unique.

So what sort of Italian exotica do we expect to be turning up ?
AO Silver Member

County: Monmouthshire
See you there chaps
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 10-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo

Thanks folks,
Yes, it's a fascinating venue and is rarely open to the public these days due to the costs of doing so. The event this time falls on the 'Heritage' weekend and is supported by sponsorship. Last year the funding failed and they had to cancel. So best take advantage of it now!
jay w

This is another of these events that I would like to get to but can't for one reason or another….

If anyone is going don’t forget to take a camera and post some images up

AO Member

County: Gloucestershire
Garage
Guys,

I attended the IAMC meet at the Festival of Innovation today, and it was a great day, I'd really recommend anyone interested to turn up on Sunday.

Today we had classic bikes on a sprint, radio control planes, kites, a hot air balloon, and the static displays in Hanger 4, including planes, bikes, cars and the Bloodhound team and mock-up car. Richard Noble will be there on Sunday. Its a good day out, and the forecast is good !

There is a large area for Italian cars and bikes to park, though if you havent got your free pass off Scrumpy, I guess you will have to pay. Hope to see a few AO-ers there on Sun ?!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
festival , innovation , sept , wroughton

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page