Devon Based Mini Meet......... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

Mymatemarmite

Devon Based Mini Meet.........

It appears that there are several GTA owners in the Devon area, so who fanceys a local meet? There are a couple of peeps interested already, based in Plymouth and Somerset. I'm Torquay based. I thought Exeter could be a good location as it's straight off the A38. I've not attempted to organise a meet before but if you are interested in meeting around this locality in the next couple of weeks then post your interest here. For us meet virgins I guess we should start with something straightforward(oh 'er Mrs!)like meet up, look around the cars, maybe a drive to a pub for a sly beverage! It could be maybe a Sunday or one evening...as I said probably easiest to keep it simple to start! Post your interest and what dates, times you are generally free, and if you gave a good idea of venue. Depending on the number of replies we can then vote on location and date! Over to you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jay w

Sparkey, i like your thinking...

There is a meeting taking place on the 20th Sept, its a little further down than exeter but it would be nice for the american boys, who we are metting up with, to see a few GTA's and some italian muscle

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south...b-meeting.html

Mymatemarmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay w View Post
Sparkey, i like your thinking...

There is a meeting taking place on the 20th Sept, its a little further down than exeter but it would be nice for the american boys, who we are metting up with, to see a few GTA's and some italian muscle

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south...b-meeting.html
Mmmmm......! What's the deal then? Is there an entry fee? Do we get our own area to park?is it a 'park and display' type event?

AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
Like you know Sparky i am very keen for a meet! even more so if a few GTA's get Involved. Weekends generally work best for me but I am open to other suggestions.

Two requests!!!!!

1) Must include some good driving roads! (Dartmoor maybe)
2) Stop off at a good pub for some Photos, Chat, Food and maybe just one beer!

Jim
AO Member

County: Devon

Member car:

156 GTA Q2

Im up for it! i finish work around 4 monday-friday but at the moment im stupid busy at the weekends!

Exeter is only 40 mins (ish ) from me so thats fine! the best roads i know are cornwall way, although there is a good section across the moors between princetown and tavistock. Its a 40mph limit and there are cattle which make you a little nervous....at 40ish!
Mymatemarmite

Ok chaps, I think we are already making a little progress with this one! Jim, you say you are quite accommodating on the day, but Robcdav is busy at the weekend. I always work Saturdays too, so maybe an early evening meet.....I generally get a Tuesday off(although not next week as it's 1st day of new registrations) so 'maybe a Tuesday evening?? We would need to move on this as the nights are already closing in. I did have a thought about this bank holiday but I'm sure people may already have things planned and the roads will be full too! So, it looks like a drive across the moors is in, and I'm sure we will find a nice little pub to indulge in around the moors. What do you guys think about the suggestion of a tues evening meet?

AO Silver Member

This all sounds great except dates. i am away with work all next week Tue-Fri. any date between now and Bank holiday monday would work for me? in fact the bank holiday would be good.
Mymatemarmite

I can check with work tomorrow about getting bank holiday off, shouldn't be an issue as I'm working my normal day off next week. If I can get it off I'm cool with the bank holiday! Robcdav.....what are your thoughts?

jay w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkywills1 View Post
Mmmmm......! What's the deal then? Is there an entry fee? Do we get our own area to park?is it a 'park and display' type event?
Its a social event as much as anything else....

Route 38 is where all the american cars gather once a month from around devon and cornwall, from time to time other car clubs go down there as well..

Mymatemarmite

Quote:
Its a social event as much as anything else....

Route 38 is where all the american cars gather once a month from around devon and cornwall, from time to time other car clubs go down there as well..
Sounds like fun.....I'm not sure if I am working that Sunday. I work every 3rd Sunday generally but I'm shifting them around so that I can go to the lemans series final round at silverstone on the 13th. When is the latest you need an RSVP?

jay w

Quote:
Sounds like fun.....I'm not sure if I am working that Sunday. I work every 3rd Sunday generally but I'm shifting them around so that I can go to the lemans series final round at silverstone on the 13th. When is the latest you need an RSVP?
the day before.....or just turn up on the day

Mymatemarmite

Quote:
the day before.....or just turn up on the day

Mymatemarmite

Quote:
I can check with work tomorrow about getting bank holiday off, shouldn't be an issue as I'm working my normal day off next week. If I can get it off I'm cool with the bank holiday! Robcdav.....what are your thoughts?
Ok. it now turns out i'm working on Bank Holiday Monday, the decision was taken yesterday on my day off

I finish work at 4pm so could do an evening thing....i appreciate peolpe may plan someting for the day which means they can't do the evening. I'm also free on sunday. How does this work with you Jim? Robcdav, are you still with us on this one?

Let me know

AO Silver Member

yea sunday is good for me!!!!
Mymatemarmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjl201 View Post
yea sunday is good for me!!!!
Ok Jim, it looks like robcdav has disappeared, I know that he said he was busy this weekend anyway. Well i'm up for sunday if you are mate, looks like the 'literal' version of a 'mini meet', but you have to start somewhere!

How is sunday late morning sounding to you. This would give me time to clean the car
I'm pretty open on location, if you like we could meet at a services near Exeter?? If you PM me your phone number then I can call you this evening

AO Member

County: Devon

Member car:

156 GTA Q2

Alright fellas, i cant make it im afraid, im in birmingham thursday and at autolusso friday. I'll be up that way all weekend and back here on monday.

Enjoy, maybe some other time!
Mymatemarmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcdav View Post
Alright fellas, i cant make it im afraid, im in birmingham thursday and at autolusso friday. I'll be up that way all weekend and back here on monday.

Enjoy, maybe some other time!
No worries mate, im sure we'll catch up soon! Are you going to the trackday at Bedford? I'm very tempted! Don't know if the meet is occuring as only 2! Hey ho! Make sure Ned throws your bonnet badge in for free

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Ok Jim, it looks like robcdav has disappeared, I know that he said he was busy this weekend anyway. Well i'm up for sunday if you are mate, looks like the 'literal' version of a 'mini meet', but you have to start somewhere!

How is sunday late morning sounding to you. This would give me time to clean the car
I'm pretty open on location, if you like we could meet at a services near Exeter?? If you PM me your phone number then I can call you this evening
number sent!!!
AO Silver Member

come on everybody!!!!!!

this is not just a GTA meet/mini meet, please feel free to get involved. more alfa's the better.

Sparky 1)is this meet in the Calendar (might help increase numbers)?
2)can we say 11:00 at exeter services?
Mymatemarmite

Quote:
come on everybody!!!!!!

this is not just a GTA meet/mini meet, please feel free to get involved. more alfa's the better.

Sparky 1)is this meet in the Calendar (might help increase numbers)?
2)can we say 11:00 at exeter services?
11am at Exeter services is fine with me mate, it would be good to see some more Alfas there, I have not posted this on the calender
I'll call you later Jim, about 6.30 if thats ok

Mymatemarmite

Event posted in the calender, awaiting moderator approval.

Mymatemarmite

Ok, only 2 confirmed for this but still chance to join in! I've planned a route which has been recommended on another thread. Meet at Exeter services 11am this Sunday. Take A377 to Barnstaple then take A39 to Minehead. It's meant to be a great road with good scenery. This weekend there will be traffic about but we can't do much about that. There is a pub, The Rockford Inn half way between Barnstaple and Minehead, should get there for 1pm at the latest. 10 should food and a drink. We need to book though as it's bank holiday! So post asap if you're up for it!!

AO Silver Member

Obviously I am in.

Really nice route Sparky. Some good roads up there, plus easy drive home from Minehead for me!!!!!

See you Sunday
Mymatemarmite

Quote:
Obviously I am in.

Really nice route Sparky. Some good roads up there, plus easy drive home from Minehead for me!!!!!

See you Sunday
The weather is meant to be ok too. I'll sort the lunch booking tommorow

AO Member

Only just seen this thread - haven't been checking lately . Afraid I can't make anything this weekend but would be happy to try to meet up some other time. Perhaps I'll see some of you at the Route 38 thing?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
based , devon , meet , mini

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page