New Facebook group for Plymouth and surrounding area's - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

jason_app

New Facebook group for Plymouth and surrounding area's

AlfaOwner Plymouth (AOP)

Right here it is, for everyone specifically in Plymouth and Surrounding areas!

A Local branch of Alfaowner to arrange more localised Meets/Events and discuss all things Alfa.

Good way for all us Plymouth people to meet one another and get a crowd for more nationwide Events.

AlfaOwner Plymouth (AOP) | Facebook

Jase

Last edited by jason_app; 15-08-09 at 16:12.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rayq81

We have a South West group here : https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south...osw-group.html

jason_app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayq81 View Post
I saw your group, that is what make me think about starting a more localised group for more regular meetings.

My thinking is that alot of us would not be able to afford the cost of travelling throughout the region too often.

It would also be nice to make some new friends in my local area, being as how Plymouth is such a big place and there are so many alfa's in the area :-)

Jase

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_app View Post
I saw your group, that is what make me think about starting a more localised group for more regular meetings.

My thinking is that alot of us would not be able to afford the cost of travelling throughout the region too often.

It would also be nice to make some new friends in my local area, being as how Plymouth is such a big place and there are so many alfa's in the area :-)

Jase
No problem Jase, just thought you may have not seen our Facebook page

jason_app

AlfaOwner Plymouth (AOP)

-

Last edited by jason_app; 15-08-09 at 16:12.

jay w

i have merged them just to remove any confusion

jay w

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_app View Post

Jase
Good thinking and hats off to you for taking the initiative

I agree there is a lot of cost involved with travel across the region, i regularly clock up 500-1000 miles a month just on club activities, and at 30 mpg it all adds up.
Please don't see that as a moan, i love what i do as the SW rep, getting people together and having a common interest is what it is all about. Over the next few months with the nights drawing in i am trying to sort out a few more 'indoor' meets.

for the Devon Cornwall area Route A38 seems to be an ideal place, geared towards those of a 'mechanical' persuasion and fairly central, and already we have one meet planned there for September.

My only concern with having a number of 'outlets' for event news is ensuring that it is all up to date, if anything changes then the problems it could create with upset members could do more harm than good.

Is it possible to put some sort of 'disclaimer' on the site reminding people to check the AOSW site before leaving for an event?

Cheers

Jay

AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay w View Post
My only concern with having a number of 'outlets' for event news is ensuring that it is all up to date, if anything changes then the problems it could create with upset members could do more harm than good.

Is it possible to put some sort of 'disclaimer' on the site reminding people to check the AOSW site before leaving for an event?

Cheers

Jay
Good idea Jay. I'll slot that into my group. (On a side note, I have made you an Admin for the AOSW FB group incase you wanted to post events or update info
jason_app

Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoHamster View Post
Good idea Jay. I'll slot that into my group. (On a side note, I have made you an Admin for the AOSW FB group incase you wanted to post events or update info
Hey, i've added a post onto my discussion board to remind people to check the South West site prior to posting to save gettin any mix ups in dates and times.

Also added a link to your site. Can you post up a link to my group on yours?

Cheers, Jase

jason_app

Wheres the rest of the Plymouth People, join up guys?

Jase

jason_app

Any one else wanna join up so we can start getting some info posted up?

Jase

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
area , facebook , group , plymouth , surrounding

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page