Upcoming events - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

Reply
 
Thread Tools
jay w
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Upcoming events

As Happy Man has said we will shortly be getting a new rep for the South West, but before that happens why not take some time to think about what we would like to do within this area?

I know from living throughout the South West that it covers a huge area, so it may be that we are looking at organizing things that are more local, or getting other areas involved, South Wales seem to be pretty active area and they are a stones throw from Bristol and Gloucester

Personally i would love to see a regular monthly get together somewhere, or even have local ones and then maybe every other month have a big South West....

what do you want from AOSW?
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cornwall
Posts: 999

Member car:

GTV CUP 47

Re: Upcoming events

I'm seeking weekend motoring adventures with like minded cads - Not homosexual.
MORE LOCAL MEETS!
The Big Dog is offline  
K9d
Status: Had enough :(
AO Silver Member
 
K9d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Wiltshire
Posts: 5,250
Re: Upcoming events

We could all go to the beach
A meet would be good.
K9d is offline  
jay w
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I'm seeking weekend motoring adventures with like minded cads - Not homosexual.
MORE LOCAL MEETS!
Would long lazy days on the south coast suit you?
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cornwall
Posts: 999

Member car:

GTV CUP 47

Re: Upcoming events

Tell me more!
The Big Dog is offline  
Status: Idling at 5,000 fixed.
AO Member
 
daveypark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 485

Member car:

GTV V6 & C220CDI

Re: Upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay w View Post
I know from living throughout the South West that it covers a huge area, so it may be that we are looking at organizing things that are more local, or getting other areas involved, South Wales seem to be pretty active area and they are a stones throw from Bristol and Gloucester

Personally i would love to see a regular monthly get together somewhere, or even have local ones and then maybe every other month have a big South West....

what do you want from AOSW?
Nice one Jay, I have been hoping for more local meets for a while but never considered it likely due to the extent of region. People don't want to travel too far on a weeknight so more local meets will hopefully tempt them out of the house.
Personally I would travel up to an hour on a weeknight SW meet and currently do this for the WM. For the 'every other month' could I suggest a weekend meet so that people a fair distance away could get there?
Of course deciding upon the venues will be another matter, do you have an idea of who lives where?
daveypark is offline  
Status: -
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Wiltshire
Posts: 9,721
Re: Upcoming events

I live here
Smaky is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Ross Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Posts: 381

Member car:

155 95" 2.5 V6

Re: Upcoming events

meets including drives in our local areas.as we all know we have some good roads to drive if a bit bumpy.in the evening to as there is less traffic.what do you mean by venue?just a spot to meet,somwhere to look around,a motor event to pay to get into.e.g. Castle Combe
Ross Parker is offline  
jay w
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveypark View Post
Nice one Jay, I have been hoping for more local meets for a while but never considered it likely due to the extent of region. People don't want to travel too far on a weeknight so more local meets will hopefully tempt them out of the house.
Personally I would travel up to an hour on a weeknight SW meet and currently do this for the WM. For the 'every other month' could I suggest a weekend meet so that people a fair distance away could get there?
Of course deciding upon the venues will be another matter, do you have an idea of who lives where?
Not yet i am working on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Parker View Post
meets including drives in our local areas.as we all know we have some good roads to drive if a bit bumpy.in the evening to as there is less traffic.what do you mean by venue?just a spot to meet,somwhere to look around,a motor event to pay to get into.e.g. Castle Combe
Ross, there are some good driving roads up near there as well as a few pubs that welcome clubs like ours, my experience of that area is a little old so i may call on you for some help if that's ok?
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 20
Re: Upcoming events

local meets eh, beach days, beaulieu,the forest,such a long way from home in bournemouth lol. yr right though,it may even tempt me out of the house
dorset_146 is offline  
jay w
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Upcoming events

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorset_146 View Post
local meets eh, beach days, beaulieu,the forest,such a long way from home in bournemouth lol. yr right though,it may even tempt me out of the house
Dorset, Beaulieu will be on the 21st of just, have a look at the thread, if you are interested put your name down

the thread https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south...or-museum.html

I have also made a note to try and organize something within the new forest area during the summer for the dorset guys and gals
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
Ross Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Posts: 381

Member car:

155 95" 2.5 V6

Re: Upcoming events

yea anytime buddy.i know a few places.may even be able to have calcot manour as one of our places to meet and have a chat before we go for a drive or a pint after.
Ross Parker is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bath
Posts: 94

Member car:

156 2.0 veroce

Re: Upcoming events

the boathouse at newbridge in bath would be a good location for us bathonions
Larry is offline  
Status: out of darkness cometh light
AO Member
 
Nitram81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 135

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

Re: Upcoming events

Hopefully i will be at the Beaulieu meet. more meets in the area would be
Nitram81 is offline  
jay w
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitramthethird View Post
Hopefully i will be at the Beaulieu meet. more meets in the area would be
would be good to meet up, i am in the process of trying to put somethings together so we can benefit as many parts of the South West
 
jay w
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
i'm going to "bump' this thread as i am still interested in what you guys would like organised
 
Status: winner of the pro alfa comp :)
AO Silver Member
 
john147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,476
i would love a meet in gloucester or some where close as i have to be up for 5am so early nights for me if plent of people was interested i would not mind setting up a monthly meet in gloucester or chelt or maybe birdlip as close to chelt , gloucester , 20 mins from cirencester
john147 is offline  
Status: Yes I'm the girl in the black hat....
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Wiltshire
Posts: 2,247

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

Well as most know I'm in Swindon and well up for regular meets especially a monthly one Willing to travel a bit but not too far! Look forward to whats decided, good luck with this Jay
Alfa Moo is offline  
Status: cupcakes and car porn...perfick
AO Platinum Member
 
tess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Newport
Posts: 41,769
hey count me in too...i dont mind travellin a bit to meet up..tho my weekends off are few and far between im sure i can wangle it to get there...

tess is offline  
Status: CTID
AO Silver Member
 
Mitogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 3,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by john147 View Post
i would love a meet in gloucester or some where close as i have to be up for 5am so early nights for me if plent of people was interested i would not mind setting up a monthly meet in gloucester or chelt or maybe birdlip as close to chelt , gloucester , 20 mins from cirencester
that would be cool John.
Mitogirl is offline  
Status: winner of the pro alfa comp :)
AO Silver Member
 
john147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitogirl View Post
that would be cool John.

well thats two of us from round here if we we could get a few more people for a meet in our area this would be well cool
john147 is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
PhilzAlfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by john147 View Post
well thats two of us from round here if we we could get a few more people for a meet in our area this would be well cool
I might be able to join you
PhilzAlfa is offline  
Status: cupcakes and car porn...perfick
AO Platinum Member
 
tess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Newport
Posts: 41,769
and me, and me, i dont mind travellin to england
tess is offline  
jay w
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tess View Post
and me, and me, i dont mind travellin to england
Just remember you have to pay to get home again
 
Status: Yes I'm the girl in the black hat....
AO Silver Member
 
Alfa Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Wiltshire
Posts: 2,247

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by john147 View Post
well thats two of us from round here if we we could get a few more people for a meet in our area this would be well cool
I'd be happy to meet up with ya
Alfa Moo is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
events , upcoming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome