** Isle of Wight ** - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

(Post Link) post #1 of 38 Old 15-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Isle of Wight
** Isle of Wight **

Evening all,

having recently moved from bedfordshire back to the Isle of Wight I was just trying to find out if IOW fits into South West of South East.

I'm supposing there is no seperate meetings for the Island but to tag along with the hampshire ones ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Re: ** Isle of Wight **

I think your slightly closer to south west personally, I suppose you could take advantage of being in the middle and go to south west and south east events.

If you can make it down to our weymouth meet in a couple of weeks then by all means, come.
AO Member

We could try to organise an Island meet. I'm only 20 minutes from the ferry
(Post Link) post #4 of 38 Old 16-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Not sure how many other are from the island on here. There are a lot of Alfa's over here, mainly 156's. Any meet would be good :-)
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage

got the same trouble in Andover-not really southwest or east...just south!
where on the IOW are you? pop in to cowes/yarmouth/newtown creek on the boat..when the weather allows
(Post Link) post #6 of 38 Old 18-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

I'm in Ryde but to be honest nowhere is that far to drive on the island !!! its just the expense of getting on or off. The ferry companies and modern day pirates.
AO Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsiv View Post
its just the expense of getting on or off. The ferry companies and modern day pirates.
yes-had a look the other day when weather prevented taking my boat out...ok, go to Mudeford instead..
but it's going to get better....surely...
(Post Link) post #8 of 38 Old 29-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realslimshady View Post
yes-had a look the other day when weather prevented taking my boat out...ok, go to Mudeford instead..
but it's going to get better....surely...
Who could argue with the weather we are having ?? Why go abroad when its 30c on IOW
AO Member

Garage

Quote:
Who could argue with the weather we are having ?? Why go abroad when its 30c on IOW
yep-spent all yesterday afternoon at Newtown Creek-had a 2 acre paddling pool for the kids to splash in-returned to Bucklers Hard red as berries...then raining again today...
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 146 1.6 TS

Another Isle of Wighter here, just wondering where you get your cars serviced? Doubt anywhere on the island would be suitable... Jonsiv think i've seen your car, drive past it sometimes on the way to work in Ryde.
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

I'm also on the island and was wondering where to service my baby only got her saturday and she needs doing! As for "a lot of alfas on the island" i think ive only seen about 8 at most, including my own lol ( red 147, 2 black 147's, 3 156's and 2 wagons) Would be good to have a little meet on the island tho...
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 146 1.6 TS

I seem to see quite alot lol, mostly 156's though, only seen 3 other 146's since ive got mine which is kinda cool. Im thinking of probably getting mine done at southern alfa as they are closest (southampton).
(Post Link) post #13 of 38 Old 16-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomS146 View Post
Another Isle of Wighter here, just wondering where you get your cars serviced? Doubt anywhere on the island would be suitable... Jonsiv think i've seen your car, drive past it sometimes on the way to work in Ryde.
Hi Tom, Yes i am in Ryde so i expect it is mine that you have seen. There is one other 156 with the sportspak in my colour on the island but have only seen it once.

Mine is due for its 108000 mile service very soon and im taking it to bedfordshire for its service with Autolusso. They have been good to me over the past year and I used to live in bedfordshire. So I am planning on repaying my loyalty for their good deeds

The fiat garage in Wootton servei older Alfa's and I know Wiltons in Lake also can service with the cambelt change.
(Post Link) post #14 of 38 Old 16-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I'm also on the island and was wondering where to service my baby only got her saturday and she needs doing! As for "a lot of alfas on the island" i think ive only seen about 8 at most, including my own lol ( red 147, 2 black 147's, 3 156's and 2 wagons) Would be good to have a little meet on the island tho...
An island meet would be good , I have seen atleast 10 different 156's (only 2 others with sportpak), 3 or 4 wagons, half a dozen 147 and 2 146 and 2 159's. When i moved back to the island I thought i would unique but obviously not so unique !!!
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 146 1.6 TS

Quote:
Hi Tom, Yes i am in Ryde so i expect it is mine that you have seen. There is one other 156 with the sportspak in my colour on the island but have only seen it once.

Mine is due for its 108000 mile service very soon and im taking it to bedfordshire for its service with Autolusso. They have been good to me over the past year and I used to live in bedfordshire. So I am planning on repaying my loyalty for their good deeds

The fiat garage in Wootton servei older Alfa's and I know Wiltons in Lake also can service with the cambelt change.
Ah ok think I may try the fiat garage as at the moment i am having some idle/running problems and would rather not pay for 2 boat tickets in a week (going to brands this weekend, so would like it sorted really), they may be able to diagnose it better than me . I'll also take Wiltons into consideration when the time comes for the cambelt/service, Cheers
AO Silver Member

County: -

Quote:
I'm in Ryde but to be honest nowhere is that far to drive on the island !!! its just the expense of getting on or off. The ferry companies and modern day pirates.
I used to live along George Street, number 50 to be precise. Big roomy old flat I shared with my brother in one of these wonderful Victorian buildings that aparently used to be a type of finishing school but for boys. Around the back, the old stables had been converted into garages where my brother and I spent many hours working on our various Alfas. Great times especially roaring up George Street in the Sud!!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

I've been told fiat are the only garage who will touch an alfa??! As for Wiltons I wouldn't go there if my life depended on it - total ripoffs, had to take my old car there for an insurance job (nudged someone up the butt and had slight scuffs on front bumper and little crease in corner of bonnet) Wiltons classed it as a right-off! My brother in-law who owns a body repairs fixed it for under £200!
(Post Link) post #18 of 38 Old 12-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

We took my girlfriends 206 GTI to wiltons and they were fine, freindly, quick, efficient and even gave a free courtesy car whilst work was being done. I took my 156 to Auto Lusso and Ned does a great job. They are a committed and honest Alfa garage. Would recommend them anyday.

Parked on Shanklin esplanade today facing another 156 with sportpak
DMN
AO Member

County: Kagera

Well I'm on the Island, in Carisbrooke. I drive a Dark Blue 156 and I have a mate at work who drives a silver 1.8.

He said he knew no where who serviced Alfas on the Island (he's had his car 3 years) and takes it over to a guy in Fareham, who does the work outside his house. He is very good though.
Rayq81

Do you guys want help arranging an Island meet ?? if so let me know we will get a thread going for you

(Post Link) post #21 of 38 Old 31-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Think an Island meet would be good several places it could be held. Working flexi hours doesn't help me in helping you guys picking a date tho !
Rayq81

So lets set a date and get a meet for you guys organised, all IOW members post available dates and I will get a thread going

AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

Any weekends good for me

So had my 147 for 2 months now and YES there are LOADS of Alfas on the island! They just keep popping up all over the place
DMN
AO Member

County: Kagera

Weekends for me too.
mudhut

Having a think about this. How much is the ferry from Soton (with car of course)?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
isle , wight

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page