Drag Racing at Smeatharpe - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South West Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD

Drag Racing at Smeatharpe

Anyone aware that there is "Street Lega" drag racing at Smeatharpe stadium, on the Somerset/Devon border.

It is run every 4 weeks or so, is on this weekend, check out all the details at streetnights.com

I have been attending since last year, all sorts of things race, loads of Jap turbo stuff, some big American stuff, loads of minis and hot hatches, but no Alfas!! I used to have a Subaru Leggy twin turbo which I raced, but now I am back to my beloved Alfas, it would be great for me not to be the only one there!!

It would fantastic to get some decent sounding engines up there to, something tuneful, rather than 2.0 turbos with HUGE exhausts or massive American V8's

Hope to see someone else with an Alfa there soon, and if enought turn up, we can convince the organisers to introduce a Fastest Italian trophy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.5

Re: Drag Racing at Smeatharpe

hey, yeah i've been the last two years, haven't ever taken the alfa though. my friend has some jap crap - nissan pulsar - and he always races that a lot. it is bleedin' fast, but I agree it would be nice to see some tuneful stuff there.

last time they had a drift bit up the top which was quite funny to watch - some guy in an old volvo estate was going pretty well!

saw a gt3 there a couple of years ago, that tought the 2.0 skylines/imprezas a thing or two!

YouTube - ford burout at smeatharpe dakota raceway

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South West

Tags
drag , racing , smeatharpe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page