Scottish Car Show - CANCELLED - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

Scottish Car Show - CANCELLED
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
20-07-14
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Event : SCOTTISH CAR SHOW

Date : SUNDAY, 20th JULY 2014

Start Time : TBA but will be EARLY

Venue : ROYAL HIGHLAND CENTRE, INGLISTON, EDINBURGH, EH28 8NB
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Roy...Royal&t=m&z=15

If you look past the rows of chavtastic hot-hatches with their lurid paint schemes, flame graphics, dustbin-sized tailpipes and megawatt sound systems, there have been a good number of 'unmolested' cars attending this event in previous years. So let's make 2014 the year that we show them all what a proper sports hatch/coupe/saloon looks like with a wide selection of Italy's finest on display.

The event is spread between the indoor exhibition hall and the outdoor showground, but PLEASE NOTE that our anticipated display area will be OUTDOORS so do plan accordingly if you intend to attend. We will however have a gazebo on the stand to provide shelter from the [optimistic tone]blazing midday sun[/optimistic tone], .

The entry cost will be £10 per car + driver, and £10 for each passenger.

If you're interested please RSVP as soon as you can, and certainly by no later than 6th April, to avoid disappointment as we need to prebook a space of a specific size with the organisers shortly thereafter.

You will then be contacted by Marc (mpjg), who has kindly agreed to coordinate this event on behalf of AOSS, to arrange collection (most likely via PayPal) of the payment for your space as we need to have this lodged with the organisers before 30th April to get these discounted rates - they rise by 50% after that date.

If you want to follow the progress of this event and have access to the 'book of face', visit here: https://www.facebook.com/TheScottishCarShow?fref=ts .

Scottish Car Show - CANCELLED
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
20-07-14
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Event : SCOTTISH CAR SHOW

Date : SUNDAY, 20th JULY 2014

Start Time : TBA but will be EARLY

Venue : ROYAL HIGHLAND CENTRE, INGLISTON, EDINBURGH, EH28 8NB
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Roy...Royal&t=m&z=15

If you look past the rows of chavtastic hot-hatches with their lurid paint schemes, flame graphics, dustbin-sized tailpipes and megawatt sound systems, there have been a good number of 'unmolested' cars attending this event in previous years. So let's make 2014 the year that we show them all what a proper sports hatch/coupe/saloon looks like with a wide selection of Italy's finest on display.

The event is spread between the indoor exhibition hall and the outdoor showground, but PLEASE NOTE that our anticipated display area will be OUTDOORS so do plan accordingly if you intend to attend. We will however have a gazebo on the stand to provide shelter from the [optimistic tone]blazing midday sun[/optimistic tone], .

The entry cost will be £10 per car + driver, and £10 for each passenger.

If you're interested please RSVP as soon as you can, and certainly by no later than 6th April, to avoid disappointment as we need to prebook a space of a specific size with the organisers shortly thereafter.

You will then be contacted by Marc (mpjg), who has kindly agreed to coordinate this event on behalf of AOSS, to arrange collection (most likely via PayPal) of the payment for your space as we need to have this lodged with the organisers before 30th April to get these discounted rates - they rise by 50% after that date.

If you want to follow the progress of this event and have access to the 'book of face', visit here: https://www.facebook.com/TheScottishCarShow?fref=ts .

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: North Ayrshire
Hi there I am already in a car club that is going and have a inside spot, but I would rather be with alfa owner. However this did not go ahead last year as there was not enough interest. Am worried if I give up my space in the other club I wont be inside or it might get cancelled at short notice.

Not sure what to do :-/

Natasha
AO Member

County: Edinburgh

Member car:

alfa spider

Stay put I say unless there is a flurry of takers

Iam on my jollies so have fun

County: West Lothian
Garage
Hopefuly we will har enough to have our own bit. Fingers crossed it happens. I wouldnt cancel your space at the other bit just yet incase we dont manage to make it a thing this year, so far its just me and potentialy you
AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

I'd be up for this if I can get my cars paintwork fixed and new rims.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakForYou View Post
Hopefully nothing to serious to fix?

Last edited by mpjg; 13-02-14 at 01:46. Reason: Spelling error
AO Member

County: North Ayrshire
Thanks guys. Yous can let me know!
(Post Link) post #8 of 11 Old 14-02-14 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakForYou View Post
It'll be fine - get that RSVP changed to YES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha View Post
Thanks guys. Yous can let me know!
The choice is yours, my dear. Inside with t'others or outside with us, .

Garage
Hey everyone, hope everythings going well, whats every ones views on how many people we need before this is worth it?
(Post Link) post #10 of 11 Old 19-03-14 Thread Starter

Garage
I'd have hoped we'd have at least 5 to make it worthwhile, otherwise we'll be lost in a sea of hot-hatches, .

Give it a few more weeks then we'll need to make an 'executive decision' on feasibility.
(Post Link) post #11 of 11 Old 24-04-14 Thread Starter

Garage
After discussing with the organisers, I've regrettably taken the decision to cancel our attendance at this event. With barely a handful of cars, we would be completely lost amongst the other stands. The larger groups with upwards of 12 exhibits are being given priority for the spaces at the front of the display area so with only 4 or 5 cars at best, we would be pushed way to the back, .

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
cancelled , car , scottish , show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page