The previously named Midsummer now renamed Autumnal Equinox Run - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

The previously named Midsummer now renamed Autumnal Equinox Run
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
22-09-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Postponed from 23rd June (due to a family illness), the event is now rescheduled. All details as previously planned, but reproduced again below.

Event : MIDSUMMER AUTUMNAL EQUINOX RUN IN THE SUN

Start Location : BATHGATE FARM TOBY CARVERY, STARLAW ROAD, BATHGATE, EH48 1LQ - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Bat...ngdom&t=m&z=16

Date : SUNDAY, 22nd SEPTEMBER 2013

Start Time : 08.45

Approx Cost : 30 per person (+ Fuel) - depending on food and beverage choices thoughout the day

Hopefully not tempting fate by the inclusion of the word 'sun' in the title, let's get out there and make the most of the 12 hours of daylight.

Starting at the Bathgate Farm Toby Carvery, conveniently situated just off the M8 at Junction 3A, with an 'all-you-can-eat' breakfast for 3.99 (plus 'all-you-can-drink' tea or coffee for 1.99 extra), we'll be suitably fuelled-up for the day ahead.

Departing the restaurant by 10.15 (latest) we proceed cross-country to South Queensferry, parking on the promenade prior to embarking at 11.15 on our cruise to Inchcolm Island ( http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/...chcolm%20Abbey ) aboard http://www.forthtours.com/index.asp. We'll be spending 90 minutes on the island, where you can visit the ancient monastery, explore the Napoleonic and more recent fortifications, or simply wander around taking in the views, so feel free if you wish to bring a light picnic lunch with you to enjoy whilst there.

Back on the mainland we cross the Forth for a leisurely drive, with several photo opportunities, along the Fife coast to Anstruther where no visit would be complete without a visit to http://www.anstrutherfishbar.co.uk/ for a 'healthy' portion of cholesterol.

Continuing round the coast to St Andrews, there's a final pit-stop at http://www.jannettas.co.uk/index.php before we head back to Kincardine, where we go our separate ways to our respective homes.

NB : For anyone interested, this itinerary is dog friendly.

Route : https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...3,4,6&t=m&z=10

The previously named Midsummer now renamed Autumnal Equinox Run
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
22-09-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Postponed from 23rd June (due to a family illness), the event is now rescheduled. All details as previously planned, but reproduced again below.

Event : MIDSUMMER AUTUMNAL EQUINOX RUN IN THE SUN

Start Location : BATHGATE FARM TOBY CARVERY, STARLAW ROAD, BATHGATE, EH48 1LQ - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Bat...ngdom&t=m&z=16

Date : SUNDAY, 22nd SEPTEMBER 2013

Start Time : 08.45

Approx Cost : 30 per person (+ Fuel) - depending on food and beverage choices thoughout the day

Hopefully not tempting fate by the inclusion of the word 'sun' in the title, let's get out there and make the most of the 12 hours of daylight.

Starting at the Bathgate Farm Toby Carvery, conveniently situated just off the M8 at Junction 3A, with an 'all-you-can-eat' breakfast for 3.99 (plus 'all-you-can-drink' tea or coffee for 1.99 extra), we'll be suitably fuelled-up for the day ahead.

Departing the restaurant by 10.15 (latest) we proceed cross-country to South Queensferry, parking on the promenade prior to embarking at 11.15 on our cruise to Inchcolm Island ( http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/...chcolm%20Abbey ) aboard http://www.forthtours.com/index.asp. We'll be spending 90 minutes on the island, where you can visit the ancient monastery, explore the Napoleonic and more recent fortifications, or simply wander around taking in the views, so feel free if you wish to bring a light picnic lunch with you to enjoy whilst there.

Back on the mainland we cross the Forth for a leisurely drive, with several photo opportunities, along the Fife coast to Anstruther where no visit would be complete without a visit to http://www.anstrutherfishbar.co.uk/ for a 'healthy' portion of cholesterol.

Continuing round the coast to St Andrews, there's a final pit-stop at http://www.jannettas.co.uk/index.php before we head back to Kincardine, where we go our separate ways to our respective homes.

NB : For anyone interested, this itinerary is dog friendly.

Route : https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...3,4,6&t=m&z=10

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1451
County: Perth and Kinross
Garage

Member car:

Stelvio Milano

Do you know that the date clashes with the "Wings & Wheels" show at East Fortune?
(Post Link) post #3 of 20 Old 19-08-13 Thread Starter

County: West Lothian
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8CRED View Post
Do you know that the date clashes with the "Wings & Wheels" show at East Fortune?
To be honest I get the feeling that no matter what date is chosen, something somewhere will clash with it, .
dinomito

I'll try to get some of our Northern folks down for this David, it sounds like a good day out.

AO Member

County: Fife
Unfortunately this does clash with Wings and Wheels, AROC had an entry list for it that has finally been confirmed. Four of us that were going to do the earlier date are now all committed to going to East Fortune that day.
benzinahead

I will be there David. I managed to plan a weekend in Edinburgh as well so not such an early start on the Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some more fellow Alfisti

(Post Link) post #7 of 20 Old 15-09-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcollie View Post
Unfortunately this does clash with Wings and Wheels, AROC had an entry list for it that has finally been confirmed. Four of us that were going to do the earlier date are now all committed to going to East Fortune that day.
That's a pity, but I'm sure we'll come up with something else another time to entice you, .
AO Member

County: Fife
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
That's a pity, but I'm sure we'll come up with something else another time to entice you, .
Possibly something that involves wax and bacon?
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1451
County: Perth and Kinross
Garage

Member car:

Stelvio Milano

Quote:
You either have a strange appetite or some weird polishing techniques.

(Post Link) post #10 of 20 Old 16-09-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Like this, you mean?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fiesta_Bacon.jpg (119.3 KB, 4 views)
(Post Link) post #11 of 20 Old 19-09-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Despite what it's doing right now, the weather forecast for Sunday looks quite promising, , fingers crossed.
AO Member

County: South Ayrshire
What time are you getting off the boat at Queensferry? (I spend enough time on boats )

I'm thinking of coming for the run up the coast after.
(Post Link) post #13 of 20 Old 21-09-13 Thread Starter

Garage
We should be back on dry land about 2.30ish.
benzinahead

What a brilliant day!! Thank you David for organising this run, it was most enjoyable. It was a pleasure meeting Jenny, Angus and Ben. The weather held up, the run was great, the boat trip to Inchcolm was really good and topped off by an Anstruther chipper and "some" ice cream!! I thoroughly enjoyed my day and hope to see you all soon

(Post Link) post #15 of 20 Old 23-09-13 Thread Starter

Garage
A 'photo-diary' of the day is here : https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...2-09-13-a.html

Thanks to all for a great day - and we had twice as many cars as last year's convoy too, .
AO Member

Member car:

GTV TS

A fantastic day: David you summed it up perfectly with

"A most enjoyable day of cars, cruising, culture and cholesterol, with fresh air, sunshine and some great banter thrown in for good measure."

Thanks for your organisation of this event: Inchcolm was an inspired choice!

It was great to meet Jennifer and Derek and Ben (again), and hope that everyone got back in reasonable time: I certainly enjoyed the run back in the gathering gloom..

Photos look great and truly capture the day
(Post Link) post #17 of 20 Old 23-09-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamenitza View Post
A fantastic day........

........I certainly enjoyed the run back in the gathering gloom.
Glad you enjoyed it, Angus.

I do like the Cupar to Kincardine road for a good cross-country blast (traffic allowing of course, ). As I came off the M9 at Polmont, I suddenly rmembered that the road through the Avon Gorge was closed, hence my 'diversion' into Linlithgow - I wasn't stalking you from the front, honest!
AO Member

Member car:

GTV TS

The road from Linlithgow up towards Torphichen is always a good blast uphill anyway: much more fun than the straight road to the Avon Gorge (Sunday drivers and tractors permitting)
(Post Link) post #19 of 20 Old 23-09-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamenitza View Post
The road from Linlithgow up towards Torphichen is always a good blast uphill anyway: much more fun than the straight road to the Avon Gorge (Sunday drivers and tractors permitting)
Agreed. Jennifer worked part-time in Tescos in Linlithgow for a bit but didn't like to leave the car parked so I was her chauffeur and know it well, .

Don't know if you noticed the Merc SLK waiting in front of me - he was 'dispatched' as we passed the metal recycling place and by the time I was at the top of the hill after the canal, he was just crossing the bridge, not that I was speeding in any way, shape or form.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV TS

Never (at all) speeded past recycling place but it is great exercise for 2nd gear in case of slightly slower moving traffic

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
autumnal , equinox , midsummer , named , previously , renamed , run

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page