Wash 'n' Wax - Episodio Quattro - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

Wash 'n' Wax - Episodio Quattro
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
19-05-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Event : WASH 'N' WAX

Date : SUNDAY, 19TH MAY 2013

Start Time : 09.30 for 10.00

Venue : EASTERN WESTERN MOTOR GROUP ACCIDENT REPAIR AND PDI CENTRE, EAST MAINS IND EST, BROXBURN, EH52 5AU
http://www.ewarc.co.uk/index.php / http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=East...ngdom&t=m&z=16

Back by popular demand after the success of previous sessions. This time, you've got the chance to get your bella all sparkley again after the ravages of the winter season and ready for the Scottish Italian Car Day at Cupar the following weekend, . So no excuses for anyone turning up with a less than pristine Alfa that day, .

The format will be pretty much as before, with washing facilities outside in the enclosed jet-wash area then into the preparation shed for much dispensing of potions (BYOB) and buffing of cloths. If you weren't at the last one, here's a little taster of what to expect : https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...1-11-12-a.html

A big "THANK YOU" in advance to their bodyshop manager, John Forret ('johnnytheboy' on here) for once again agreeing to host and organise this event which can only help to forge stronger links between them (the dealer) and us (the Alfa community), whilst at the same time being a most enjoyable way to pass a few hours, , so let's try and respond with a good turn-out on the day.

And an even bigger "THANK YOU" to Western Alfa Romeo in Edinburgh for sponsoring this event by providing the prizes for a skills test challenge - full details on the day but there's a clue in Post #14.

So no matter whether you have an OCD like me (and srb71) and think nothing of spending a whole day buffing your bella, or simply want to throw a bucket of water in its general direction and spend the rest of the day leaning on the coffee machine engaged in Alfa-talk (or anywhere in between these two extremes), then this is the event for you.

Could you RSVP to this please so that we know how many bacon butties and brews are required on the day,

Wash 'n' Wax - Episodio Quattro
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
19-05-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Event : WASH 'N' WAX

Date : SUNDAY, 19TH MAY 2013

Start Time : 09.30 for 10.00

Venue : EASTERN WESTERN MOTOR GROUP ACCIDENT REPAIR AND PDI CENTRE, EAST MAINS IND EST, BROXBURN, EH52 5AU
http://www.ewarc.co.uk/index.php / http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=East...ngdom&t=m&z=16

Back by popular demand after the success of previous sessions. This time, you've got the chance to get your bella all sparkley again after the ravages of the winter season and ready for the Scottish Italian Car Day at Cupar the following weekend, . So no excuses for anyone turning up with a less than pristine Alfa that day, .

The format will be pretty much as before, with washing facilities outside in the enclosed jet-wash area then into the preparation shed for much dispensing of potions (BYOB) and buffing of cloths. If you weren't at the last one, here's a little taster of what to expect : https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...1-11-12-a.html

A big "THANK YOU" in advance to their bodyshop manager, John Forret ('johnnytheboy' on here) for once again agreeing to host and organise this event which can only help to forge stronger links between them (the dealer) and us (the Alfa community), whilst at the same time being a most enjoyable way to pass a few hours, , so let's try and respond with a good turn-out on the day.

And an even bigger "THANK YOU" to Western Alfa Romeo in Edinburgh for sponsoring this event by providing the prizes for a skills test challenge - full details on the day but there's a clue in Post #14.

So no matter whether you have an OCD like me (and srb71) and think nothing of spending a whole day buffing your bella, or simply want to throw a bucket of water in its general direction and spend the rest of the day leaning on the coffee machine engaged in Alfa-talk (or anywhere in between these two extremes), then this is the event for you.

Could you RSVP to this please so that we know how many bacon butties and brews are required on the day,

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Edinburgh
Garage
I'm planning on preparing some sample pots of Zymol Ital wax. Specifically produced for Italian red paintwork (which I don't have), it's a lovely wax. So anyone fancy a try out let me know.
AO Member

County: Clackmannanshire

Member car:

Perodua Nippa

That sounds perfect, we can put you on the payroll, can you start on Monday? :-D
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

Currently on honeymoon but will be back for that. Fingers crossed David isn't working or I'll be on my own.
AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

I know I say this all the time but I'll try and make it. My car hasn't been properly washed since sometime last year so is going to need the full works.
AO Member

Member car:

GT CLOVERLEAF

will look forward to this as last year was good chance to spend time clean and polsh my gt in privacy of others who care for there bella`s
(Post Link) post #7 of 47 Old 01-05-13 Thread Starter

County: West Lothian
Garage
Stuart, re your RSVP 'Maybe' comment. Easy solution, get flights changed to Edinburgh then you can just drop in on the run home. OK, you'll arrive with us a bit late (we can keep back a buttie or two, ) but I'm sure your good lady is pretty handy wielding a polishing cloth and could help you make up for lost time, .
AO Member

County: Glasgow

Member car:

166 3.0 V6 Super

Great idea to keep this up, especially week before Hill o' Tarvit.

Jumped the gun this morn as I confirmed attendance before checking our calendar. Realised my wife is away that Sunday so I'll have the kids - neither of which will be happy with a microfiber for more than 10 mins!

Last few have been good but I'll see most of you up in Cupar the following week.

Last edited by ultraviola; 02-05-13 at 15:20.
(Post Link) post #9 of 47 Old 02-05-13 Thread Starter

Garage
BREAKING NEWS: Many thanks to Western Alfa Romeo in Edinburgh, who have agreed to sponsor the event and are providing some Alfa merchandise, including a watch , as prizes for a 'little' skills test that has been devised - full details will be revealed on the day as we can't have anybody gaining an advantage by practicing beforehand, , can we?
SCGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
BREAKING NEWS: Many thanks to Western Alfa Romeo in Edinburgh, who have agreed to sponsor the event and are providing some Alfa merchandise, including a watch , as prizes for a 'little' skills test that has been devised - full details will be revealed on the day as we can't have anybody gaining an advantage by practicing beforehand, , can we?
Ohhh......need to make an effort now , suggested flight divert but good lady said "aye right" in a Glasgow accent , you know the one !! ....

skills test mmmmmm.....thinking !!! perfect parallel parking a GT 1st time ...........

Changing a side light bulb in less than 2 hours?

AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb71 View Post
I'm planning on preparing some sample pots of Zymol Ital wax. Specifically produced for Italian red paintwork (which I don't have), it's a lovely wax. So anyone fancy a try out let me know.
Any takers for some Zymol? I've prepped one pot (20ml) but will need to get some containers to put some more in. As I said nice wax and 20ml should be enough for 2 layers.
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

Quote:
Any takers for some Zymol? I've prepped one pot (20ml) but will need to get some containers to put some more in. As I said nice wax and 20ml should be enough for 2 layers.
I'll have some please, David can try it on the GTA -though we won't be bringing it down on the day

Garage
If i manage to make it along i would be up for trying some zymol anyways like to try new waxes and a very generous offer
(Post Link) post #14 of 47 Old 04-05-13 Thread Starter

Garage
OK, I'm going to relent a little and give you a teaser as to the skills challenge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wash 'n' Wax 2013 1.jpg (167.9 KB, 13 views)

Garage
I have checked and i should be able to come along
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

And.... as usual I wont be able to make. Got a bike lesson that morn that I really need to go
(Post Link) post #17 of 47 Old 11-05-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I'd be interested in seeing what it could do for 8C Red, , - thanks for the offer. Looks like I won't need to worry about what to use on the 159 as it'll probably still be languishing in the workshop at Colinton, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakForYou View Post
And.... as usual I wont be able to make. Got a bike lesson that morn that I really need to go
Aimee, Aimee, Aimee!!!!!
So, instead of caressing and cosseting your bella, you'd rather get cold and wet sitting astride a non-descript 2-wheeled piece of Japcr*p, . If it was a 'Duke', I might just understand, .
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Quote:

Aimee, Aimee, Aimee!!!!!
So, instead of caressing and cosseting your bella, you'd rather get cold and wet sitting astride a non-descript 2-wheeled piece of Japcr*p, . If it was a 'Duke', I might just understand, .
One day I will have a Ducati, just need to pass my test first!

I wear an Italian helmet, gloves and boots. Does that count?
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
I'll be along on the day. Not sure what I'll bring yet though. My wife is threatening to come too.

I would also like to try the Zymol wax, thanks for that offer!
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

GT V6 3.2/ GQV

Possible nube alert

Hi Guys.

Just got my GT a couple of weeks ago. i may come by and meet up with you guys if you dont mind a nube.

Will need advice on the gt anyway.

got a garden party the night before ,so may not come if i am too bad with the drink fairy.

cheers.
CPE
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzymactom13 View Post
Hi Guys.

Just got my GT a couple of weeks ago. i may come by and meet up with you guys if you dont mind a nube.

Will need advice on the gt anyway.

got a garden party the night before ,so may not come if i am too bad with the drink fairy.

cheers.
Im pretty new around here too but have been made very welcome, it would be good to see you there.

Advice on your GT - get it on a track - huge fun!
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
I'd be interested in seeing what it could do for 8C Red, , - thanks for the offer. Looks like I won't need to worry about what to use on the 159 as it'll probably still be languishing in the workshop at Colinton, .

Aimee, Aimee, Aimee!!!!!
I do have a Duke, its just a KTM Duke Though seriously considering a Hypermotard next
Zymol Ital on 8C Red should be simply awesome.
AO Member

Garage
Ok, I have just enough to make up samples for those of you who've requested it but that's it, all gone.
CPE
AO Member

Quote:
Ok, I have just enough to make up samples for those of you who've requested it but that's it, all gone.
I wont have an Alfa Red car until around December, so happy to pass on your offer if there's not enough to go around.
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

GT V6 3.2/ GQV

get it on a track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE View Post
Im pretty new around here too but have been made very welcome, it would be good to see you there.

Advice on your GT - get it on a track - huge fun!

Does the club do track days for alfas?

I will do my best to make it on sunday. I will arange a meeting with the drink fairies and see if they will take it easy on me.

cheers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
episodio , quattro , wash , wax

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page