Scottish Car Show - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

Scottish Car Show
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
21-07-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Following several expressions of interest, let's now make it an official AOSS event.

Event : SCOTTISH CAR SHOW - http://www.scottishcarshow.com/

Location : SECC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow, G3 8YW - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sec...=secc&t=m&z=14

Date / Time : SUNDAY, 21st JULY 2013 / 10..00 until 16.30

Cost : Car + Driver - 10.00 / Passengers - 15.00 each.

This will be a huge event, occupying all 5 exhibition halls within the SECC, and covering all aspects of motoring from supercars and exotics to American muscle cars and modified 'boy (and girl) racers. The club stands are limited to a maximum of 20 cars, so get in quick to avoid disappointment, and let's show everybody what a proper 'sporting marque with heritage' looks like.

As it's all indoors, you'll be able to show-off your bella to its best, without the risk of being up to the door handles in mud which was always the risk at the previous venue at Ingliston Showground.

Booking and payment must be with the organisers by 3rd June. I will PM everybody who RSVP's 'Yes' by 27th May at the latest to give you my PayPal account details (you don't need a PayPal account to make a payment) so that I can get the block-booking made with a few days to spare.

IMPORTANT UPDATE : As this event has been over-subscribed, the organisers have placed us on a reserve list for a 6/7 car space. Therefore, anybody adding their name to the RSVP list from now, 24/04/13, will be on an AOSS event reserve list and will only be able to attend if one of the earlier respondents drops out. Sorry!

Scottish Car Show
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
21-07-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Following several expressions of interest, let's now make it an official AOSS event.

Event : SCOTTISH CAR SHOW - http://www.scottishcarshow.com/

Location : SECC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow, G3 8YW - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sec...=secc&t=m&z=14

Date / Time : SUNDAY, 21st JULY 2013 / 10..00 until 16.30

Cost : Car + Driver - 10.00 / Passengers - 15.00 each.

This will be a huge event, occupying all 5 exhibition halls within the SECC, and covering all aspects of motoring from supercars and exotics to American muscle cars and modified 'boy (and girl) racers. The club stands are limited to a maximum of 20 cars, so get in quick to avoid disappointment, and let's show everybody what a proper 'sporting marque with heritage' looks like.

As it's all indoors, you'll be able to show-off your bella to its best, without the risk of being up to the door handles in mud which was always the risk at the previous venue at Ingliston Showground.

Booking and payment must be with the organisers by 3rd June. I will PM everybody who RSVP's 'Yes' by 27th May at the latest to give you my PayPal account details (you don't need a PayPal account to make a payment) so that I can get the block-booking made with a few days to spare.

IMPORTANT UPDATE : As this event has been over-subscribed, the organisers have placed us on a reserve list for a 6/7 car space. Therefore, anybody adding their name to the RSVP list from now, 24/04/13, will be on an AOSS event reserve list and will only be able to attend if one of the earlier respondents drops out. Sorry!

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Ooohhhh! Didn't know about this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 19 Old 23-04-13 Thread Starter

County: West Lothian
Garage
OK, so the goalposts have now been moved, , - see below, a copy of the email I've just received from the organisers.

It looks like we either have to decide here and now (and be quick about it) what sized space we want (and how many 'bodies' will be attending), or go on the 'reserve list' and keep our collective fingers crossed that they can offer us something nearer the time.

What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (88.7 KB, 15 views)
AO Member

County: South Ayrshire
I would be happy to book now but if others want to wait I could do that as well.
AO Member

County: North Ayrshire
I am happy to book and pay now if that helps.
(Post Link) post #6 of 19 Old 23-04-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
I would be happy to book now but if others want to wait I could do that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha View Post
I am happy to book and pay now if that helps.
Thanks for that, guys (or should that be guy 'n' gal? ), .

Just got to see now what the others want to do, then hope that there's still a suitably-sized space available.
(Post Link) post #7 of 19 Old 23-04-13 Thread Starter

Garage
FURTHER UPDATE

I've just this minute received another email from the organisers (see below),

As soon as I hear from the others, I'll get us on the Reserve List - amazing the difference a couple of hours can make,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0002.jpg (99.2 KB, 12 views)
SCGT

Will risk it for a biscuit David (book me in) ......cannot 100% commit as on shift and no holiday available on the date , same applies for Scottish Italian Car Day ....being the same day as Scottish Cup Final

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo gtv

In that case as long as hibs get beat count me in

Put me in David
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Im in too David!
dinomito

Is the Cup Final no a Saturday?

SCGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
Is the Cup Final no a Saturday?
Not this year ....1st final on a Sunday ever !

dinomito

What is the world coming to? Saturday is Cup Final day! Ridiculous decision to make it a Sunday!

(Post Link) post #14 of 19 Old 24-04-13 Thread Starter

Garage
That's us on the 'Reserve List' for a 6/7 car space so if anybody else decides that they want to attend, it's going to be handbags at dawn, ,

..........and I can order up the sports-kit if anybody needs it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Handbags-at-Dawn1.jpg (71.0 KB, 7 views)
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
That's us on the 'Reserve List' for a 6/7 car space so if anybody else decides that they want to attend, it's going to be handbags at dawn, ,

..........and I can order up the sports-kit if anybody needs it
Hahaha
(Post Link) post #16 of 19 Old 03-05-13 Thread Starter

Garage
We've not been forgotten - I've just had an email from the organisers advising that they're meeting with the SECC bods next week to go over the layout plans and will get back to us with an update on our reserve listing ASAP. So keep watching this space, .
(Post Link) post #17 of 19 Old 15-05-13 Thread Starter

Garage
UPDATE

I've just had an email from the organisers offering us an outside space, but at the same rates as indoors, .

With the unpredictability of our Scottish weather, , who knows what it'll be like on 21st July but I wouldn't fancy paying for the privilege of standing out in the SECC car park getting soaked. At least with the other shows we attend, as they're 'Pay on Entry' you can decide on the day whether to go or not but with this one, if we want the space it has to be paid for now.

However, the final decision is yours so comments please.

For Info & enquiries e-mail
[email protected]

SCGT

Think most will agree being bombed out to the car park is a bit insulting .... ...think we should body swerve this one ! ...great idea but clearly we don't sit low enough , shame that I have a really nice baseball cap and was planning to bring the wife along in her bikini ..

Last edited by SCGT; 19-05-13 at 22:07.

(Post Link) post #19 of 19 Old 23-05-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGT View Post
Think most will agree being bombed out to the car park is a bit insulting .... ...think we should body swerve this one ! ......
I agree totally with these sentiments. On the basis that if anyone interested in attending disagreed and still wanted to go ahead they'd have shouted by now, I'm going to let this die a natural death, . Shame - maybe next year if we can get further up the queue for spaces.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
car , scottish , show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page