Scottish car show - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 29 Old 16-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Scottish car show

Any one going along?

http://www.scottishcarshow.com/
mpjg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
Ben.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: South Ayrshire
Posts: 120
I was thinking of going along but not booked anything yet.
Ben. is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 29 Old 16-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
I was thinking of going along but not booked anything yet.
If theres enough of us we would be able to get our own section in it
mpjg is offline  
Status: funked up
Global Mod Team
 
paintergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dumfries and Galloway
Posts: 9,437
Garage
We might go, unless I'm running that weekend. Or away holidaying
paintergirl is offline  
Status: funked up
Global Mod Team
 
paintergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dumfries and Galloway
Posts: 9,437
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjg View Post
If theres enough of us we would be able to get our own section in it
That's not a bad idea
paintergirl is offline  
(Post Link) post #6 of 29 Old 16-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
I have sent the organisation an email to find out more
mpjg is offline  
Status: Feeling lonely
 
RomeoRaiderZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 3,504
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjg View Post
I have sent the organisation an email to find out more
I have too, Marc.

Hopefully we'll get a reply soon(ish).

Edit : Sadly though, , I won't actually be able to attend this as I've got a 6-day ticket (Thursday to Tuesday) for the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford that weekend.

Last edited by RomeoRaiderZ; 16-03-13 at 21:00. Reason: Realised about the clash of dates
RomeoRaiderZ is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 237
id be up for that ...
boyle is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 29 Old 16-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
I have too, Marc.

Hopefully we'll get a reply soon(ish).

Edit : Sadly though, , I won't actually be able to attend this as I've got a 6-day ticket (Thursday to Tuesday) for the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford that weekend.
Hopefully one of us will get a reply, would be good to boost alfas up a bit and also raise the profile of alfaowner.com, saw a fair amount of nice alfas in the car park last year.
mpjg is offline  
Status: Feeling lonely
 
RomeoRaiderZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 3,504
Garage
OK, so I've got the details back from the organisers and booking a space for AO is not going to be straightforward, . We need to book and pay in advance for all display cars, at 10 for each car and driver, and 15 for each passenger (reduced to 10 if booked and paid before 15th April).
As it's well-nigh impossible to predict how many are coming to the pay-at -the-gate events we already attend (even with an RSVP facility in the thread), I'm not prepared to stick my neck out (and my hand in my pocket) and book for a specific number of cars and bodies at this stage.
I'll put up an event thread (with RSVP, ) in due course but I would need a firm commitment (and payment) before anything reaches the booking stage.



For Info & enquiries e-mail
[email protected]



RomeoRaiderZ is offline  
(Post Link) post #11 of 29 Old 18-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
OK, so I've got the details back from the organisers and booking a space for AO is not going to be straightforward, . We need to book and pay in advance for all display cars, at 10 for each car and driver, and 15 for each passenger (reduced to 10 if booked and paid before 15th April).
As it's well-nigh impossible to predict how many are coming to the pay-at -the-gate events we already attend (even with an RSVP facility in the thread), I'm not prepared to stick my neck out (and my hand in my pocket) and book for a specific number of cars and bodies at this stage.
I'll put up an event thread (with RSVP, ) in due course but I would need a firm commitment (and payment) before anything reaches the booking stage.
Got the same email would it work if a account was picked and say people that want to book there place paypal the money before a specified date to be paid?
mpjg is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjg View Post
Got the same email would it work if a account was picked and say people that want to book there place paypal the money before a specified date to be paid?
Any time iv been before with various forums, they have always used the "payment a week prior to the closing date ... i.e 8th of April"... Seems to make sense and at a tenner per car ... if you couldnt make it ... its only a tenner int it?

Im up for sticking ma hand in the pocket for the tenner ...

And it would give me a goal for to get the niggles fixed (mainly rust on the rear door and wheel refurb ...
boyle is offline  
(Post Link) post #13 of 29 Old 19-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Can everyone pay seperate? Or does it have to be one lump sum at the one time?

I know what you mean about getting the car ready, almost got the keyed panels looking good again and then driving home from work some wee ***** hit the car with a snow ball and dented the front wing
mpjg is offline  
Status: funked up
Global Mod Team
 
paintergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dumfries and Galloway
Posts: 9,437
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
OK, so I've got the details back from the organisers and booking a space for AO is not going to be straightforward, . We need to book and pay in advance for all display cars, at 10 for each car and driver, and 15 for each passenger (reduced to 10 if booked and paid before 15th April).
As it's well-nigh impossible to predict how many are coming to the pay-at -the-gate events we already attend (even with an RSVP facility in the thread), I'm not prepared to stick my neck out (and my hand in my pocket) and book for a specific number of cars and bodies at this stage.
I'll put up an event thread (with RSVP, ) in due course but I would need a firm commitment (and payment) before anything reaches the booking stage.
Is that much cheaper than the normal entrance price? If so, then it's worth considering as the event is a great one with plenty of other things to see.
paintergirl is offline  
(Post Link) post #15 of 29 Old 19-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintergirl View Post
Is that much cheaper than the normal entrance price? If so, then it's worth considering as the event is a great one with plenty of other things to see.
It is a bit cheaper, 10 pound for car and driver then 15 per passenger, but if you were to pay at the door its 18 per person,
mpjg is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 237
Yeah, I reacon it would be a good event to go to ... but its more about if we can get enough cars,

I think PMs out to everyone in scotland should work ... ill start with the A's ... someone go for the Z's and we can work inwards :P
boyle is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 237
iv just punted a post up to the northeners ... or farmers as its easier to say ... to ask if any of them are going? might be good to boost up some numbers

G
boyle is offline  
Status: Feeling lonely
 
RomeoRaiderZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 3,504
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjg View Post
Can everyone pay seperate? Or does it have to be one lump sum at the one time?
From what I can gather, to be part of a club display, everything (i.e. cars and drivers/passengers) has to be booked and paid at the one time, otherwise each individual could be allocated a spot isolated from the others.
I'm going to be speaking to the organisers again tomorrow, so I'll clarify that along with what the implications would be of waiting until the day and then everybody just rolling up to the gate together.
RomeoRaiderZ is offline  
(Post Link) post #19 of 29 Old 20-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
From what I can gather, to be part of a club display, everything (i.e. cars and drivers/passengers) has to be booked and paid at the one time, otherwise each individual could be allocated a spot isolated from the others.
I'm going to be speaking to the organisers again tomorrow, so I'll clarify that along with what the implications would be of waiting until the day and then everybody just rolling up to the gate together.
Ahh i see, just get everyone to pay it into someones paypal account or something along they lines, the account holder pays the show and done
mpjg is offline  
Status: Feeling lonely
 
RomeoRaiderZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 3,504
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjg View Post
Ahh i see, just get everyone to pay it into someones paypal account or something along they lines, the account holder pays the show and done
Exactamundo, .
RomeoRaiderZ is offline  
Status: funked up
Global Mod Team
 
paintergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dumfries and Galloway
Posts: 9,437
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjg View Post
It is a bit cheaper, 10 pound for car and driver then 15 per passenger, but if you were to pay at the door its 18 per person,
To be honest, I didn't realise that it was as expensive to get in! I don't pay that much to get into the Classic Car Show at the NEC.

8 is a good saving, if you're going anyway I suppose.
paintergirl is offline  
(Post Link) post #22 of 29 Old 28-03-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Any updates?
mpjg is offline  
Status: Feeling lonely
 
RomeoRaiderZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 3,504
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjg View Post
Any updates?
All gone a bit quiet from them, Marc.

I sent them an email this morning to remind them that I'm still waiting on the further details I requested.
RomeoRaiderZ is offline  
Status: Feeling lonely
 
RomeoRaiderZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 3,504
Garage
OK, finally an update on this - and now I know why they were giving me the silent treatment, .

Biggest news is that it is now not going to be at the Royal Highland Showground at Ingliston but will be fully indoors at the SECC in Glasgow, occupying all 5 exhibition halls, , on the same date - Sunday 21st July.

As there is now no longer going to be the facility to expand 'our' area once we have booked a specific space, the numbers will need to be carefully controlled. I will post up an event thread before the weekend to gauge possible numbers attending, then it will be a case of getting firm commitments and payment (at a date still to be determined) from all those who RSVP 'Yes'.

Watch the Events Diary for full details coming shortly, .
RomeoRaiderZ is offline  
(Post Link) post #25 of 29 Old 02-04-13 Thread Starter
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
Al deffo be there
mpjg is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
car , scottish , show

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome