Chronic radio reception - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 14-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: East Dunbartonshire
Garage
Chronic radio reception

Is anyone else having same problem? Mine is now as good as non existent, however it seems to have co-incided with the launch of 4G. May be co-incidence but want to see if it is a fault with the car or if it widespread. It really is desperate - like having no aerial.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 96
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

Might get a better response in the ICE lounge Steven.
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 14-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
I thought that too, but posted here to see if it was widespread before blaming the car. However as of this morning reception is almost non-existent so supect a fault somewhere.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 96
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

Rarely use the radio myself, unless I forget my iPod, so, can't comment.

County: West Lothian
Garage
Both ours have suffered rubbish reception, , for the last day or 2 so you're not alone Steven. It happens at the same locations each time (and lasts for several miles before gradually returning to 'normal') so can't be a coincidence. I see in the news that the mobile companies have set up a fund to 'compensate' homes that lose their TV reception due to 4G : Homes that lose their TV signal thanks to 4G network to receive up to 10,000 to be reconnected - Yahoo! Finance UK. Got to love progress, .
AO Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

GQV

Sounds like an aerial problem. 4G won't affect radio reception, but it will eventually trash Freeview TV reception for a lot of people...

Or it could be a transmitter fault or maintenance of the mast. BBC Engineering have a web page listing these things somewhere.
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 14-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
Both ours have suffered rubbish reception, , for the last day or 2 so you're not alone Steven. It happens at the same locations each time (and lasts for several miles before gradually returning to 'normal') so can't be a coincidence. I see in the news that the mobile companies have set up a fund to 'compensate' homes that lose their TV reception due to 4G : Homes that lose their TV signal thanks to 4G network to receive up to 10,000 to be reconnected - Yahoo! Finance UK. Got to love progress, .
Booked in to get checked, but has been top notch up until last week when 4G was launched. Suspect it could be related but perhaps not......
Currently in Linlithgow andb there is no signal at all on any atation. Heading over to your tneck of the woods. This PM we'll see if it changes any as I get nearer the transmitters.
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire
Had same problem with the Mito. Tuned out to be corrosion in the base of the antenna, which includes a signal amplifier and it did get worse with time before I reported it. Fixed under warranty.

County: West Lothian
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StescoG66 View Post
Booked in to get checked, but has been top notch up until last week when 4G was launched. Suspect it could be related but perhaps not......
Currently in Linlithgow andb there is no signal at all on any atation. Heading over to your tneck of the woods. This PM we'll see if it changes any as I get nearer the transmitters.
That's what we've been getting (or not). We've gone over to my mum's house (about 2 miles from Linlithgow) several times since the end of last week (in both the 159 and the G) and the nearer we get, the worse it gets until it is just pure static by the time we reach her place. On the return legs, the signals slowly return and are OK by the time we reach Bathgate. Jennifer also reports a 'dead' patch around the Broxburn/Newbridge area.

Last edited by RomeoRaiderZ; 14-11-12 at 11:44.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
chronic , radio , reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page