Wash 'n' Wax - The Sequel - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

Wash 'n' Wax - The Sequel
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
20-05-12
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Event : WASH 'N' WAX

Date : SUNDAY, 20TH MAY 2012

Start Time : 09.30 for 10.00

Venue : EASTERN WESTERN MOTOR GROUP ACCIDENT REPAIR AND PDI CENTRE, EAST MAINS IND EST, BROXBURN, EH52 5AU
http://www.ewarc.co.uk/index.php / http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=East...ngdom&t=m&z=16

Back by popular demand after the success of the session in October. This time, you've got the chance to get your bella all sparkley again after the ravages of the winter season (I think we had one, didn't we? ), and just in time for the Scottish Italian Car Day at Cupar the following weekend, . So no excuses for anyone turning up with a less than pristine Alfa that day, .

The format will be pretty much as before, with washing facilities outside in the enclosed jet-wash area then into the preparation shed for much dispensing of potions (BYOB) and buffing of cloths. If you weren't at the last one, here's a little taster of what to expect : http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture006.jpg

There should also be a technical rep on hand from the motor and marine trade suppliers Farecla ( http://www.farecla.co.uk/# ) to show us how it should be done - and no, you can't offer up your car for him to demonstrate on as I've already bagged that spot, .

Could you RSVP to this please so that we know how many bacon butties and brews are required on the day,

A big THANK YOU in advance to their bodyshop manager, John Forret ('johnnytheboy' on here) for once again agreeing to host and organise this event which can only help to forge stronger links between them (the dealer) and us (the Alfa community), whilst at the same time being a most enjoyable way to pass a few hours,

Wash 'n' Wax - The Sequel
Calendar: Event Calendar
RomeoRaiderZ  
20-05-12
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Event : WASH 'N' WAX

Date : SUNDAY, 20TH MAY 2012

Start Time : 09.30 for 10.00

Venue : EASTERN WESTERN MOTOR GROUP ACCIDENT REPAIR AND PDI CENTRE, EAST MAINS IND EST, BROXBURN, EH52 5AU
http://www.ewarc.co.uk/index.php / http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=East...ngdom&t=m&z=16

Back by popular demand after the success of the session in October. This time, you've got the chance to get your bella all sparkley again after the ravages of the winter season (I think we had one, didn't we? ), and just in time for the Scottish Italian Car Day at Cupar the following weekend, . So no excuses for anyone turning up with a less than pristine Alfa that day, .

The format will be pretty much as before, with washing facilities outside in the enclosed jet-wash area then into the preparation shed for much dispensing of potions (BYOB) and buffing of cloths. If you weren't at the last one, here's a little taster of what to expect : http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture006.jpg

There should also be a technical rep on hand from the motor and marine trade suppliers Farecla ( http://www.farecla.co.uk/# ) to show us how it should be done - and no, you can't offer up your car for him to demonstrate on as I've already bagged that spot, .

Could you RSVP to this please so that we know how many bacon butties and brews are required on the day,

A big THANK YOU in advance to their bodyshop manager, John Forret ('johnnytheboy' on here) for once again agreeing to host and organise this event which can only help to forge stronger links between them (the dealer) and us (the Alfa community), whilst at the same time being a most enjoyable way to pass a few hours,

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Stirling

Member car:

Mito 1.6JTDM

So what actually happens on the day??
(Post Link) post #3 of 60 Old 23-03-12 Thread Starter

County: West Lothian
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitoOwner View Post
So what actually happens on the day??
You gets loads of time to carress your bella all 'up close and personal' without having to worry about it persisting down outside or what the neighbours might think, as we've all got the same OCD under the one roof.

Seriously, it's an ideal opportunity to give your car a thorough spring clean under cover with acres of space to get everything opened up wide or spread out on the floor (see the photo above). You supply your own materials (after all, you know best what you trust to be put on your car) and your own elbow grease, but you're surrounded by like-minded souls and with a sprinkling of professionals on hand to advise on how to achieve that 'better than showroom' finish.

Best of all, you get free bacon butties and a brew in addition to all the free advice, . Oh, and there might even be a little brain-teaser quiz to enter with a prize or two donated by Western Alfa, if I can twist their arms again.

For Info & enquiries e-mail
[email protected]

AO Member

County: Glasgow
bugger!!! That's out for me
AO Member

County: Edinburgh

Member car:

GT CLOVERLEAF

I`ll stick my name down for this
dinomito

Any more up for this then folks? Those nice folk at Eastern Western are looking for as many as possible to come along to this. I've never been, so I'm keen to have a nosey round also.

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo gtv

Would love to but day after Scottish cup final and I'm a hearts fan so hopefully I'll be celebrating up gorgie road but once again would have loved to have been you know I'll be there for the next one
AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

I'm a maybe atm. Got a holiday off work on the Monday so might see if I can switch it to the Sunday.

Will there be any folk there with a machine polisher??
AO Member

Member car:

GT CLOVERLEAF

Wheel clean

I was wondering if they would have a trolley jack on the day or shall i bring my own as i want to take the wheels off and give them a good clean on the inside.
(Post Link) post #10 of 60 Old 09-05-12 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R77KEES CLOVER View Post
I was wondering if they would have a trolley jack on the day or shall i bring my own as i want to take the wheels off and give them a good clean on the inside.
Glad I'm not the only one with this level of OCD, . Just remember the wheel arch liners, and brake and suspension components whilst you're in there, .

I'll ask about the jack but I suspect not as they most likely stick anything needing a wheels-off session on to one of the 4-point lifts.
(Post Link) post #11 of 60 Old 09-05-12 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakForYou View Post
I'm a maybe atm. Got a holiday off work on the Monday so might see if I can switch it to the Sunday.

Will there be any folk there with a machine polisher??
They don't allow us to use their polishers unfortunately, just in case something goes wrong and they end up with nothing for the workforce to use on Monday morning. I'll probably be bringing mine - it's not brilliant but slightly better than doing it all manually for those of us of a less-energetic disposition, . Alternatively, we could all put our names in a hat and draw out a 'volunteer' bella for the trade demonstrator to work on, .
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

If the trade demo's are any good at getting rid of scratches then they can have mine
AO Member

Member car:

GT CLOVERLEAF

Well Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoRaiderZ View Post
Glad I'm not the only one with this level of OCD, . Just remember the wheel arch liners, and brake and suspension components whilst you're in there, .

I'll ask about the jack but I suspect not as they most likely stick anything needing a wheels-off session on to one of the 4-point lifts.
Superb get the car up on the ramp and clean under the car aswell,How long do we get to stay on site.LOL
AO Member

Member car:

GT CLOVERLEAF

Quote:
Superb get the car up on the ramp and clean under the car aswell,How long do we get to stay on site.LOL
maybe have a look at my parking sensors while i am there.LOL
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Since theres condition awards at the SICD on the 27th I'll need to go now to get my mito looking lovely
(Post Link) post #16 of 60 Old 11-05-12 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
.......How long do we get to stay on site.LOL
Last time, it was well after 3pm before we were finally 'evicted' so loads of time to get that list of things done,

Quote:
Since theres condition awards at the SICD on the 27th I'll need to go now to get my mito looking lovely
Yep! Indeed you will. No excuses accepted for not having a shiney shiney car at SICD, .
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

How easy is it to get the wheels off? I'm wanting to take the wheel bolts out and spray them with hammerite to get rid of the rust.
AO Silver Member

County: Stirling

Member car:

Mito 1.6JTDM

Quote:
How easy is it to get the wheels off? I'm wanting to take the wheel bolts out and spray them with hammerite to get rid of the rust.
Performance Wheels Coloured Tuner Style Wheel Bolt - Demon Tweeks

These might help and look nice too...
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

The blue is nice lol.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Right get another bacon roll ordered, Got the day off work
(Post Link) post #21 of 60 Old 14-05-12 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Right get another bacon roll ordered, Got the day off work
Change your RSVP to 'Yes' Aimee, and your buttie will be guaranteed, .
AO Silver Member

County: Fife

Member car:

500 twinair

I can make it, so that should be 10 rolls with Aimee in too!

But dont worry if there are any no shows, I can always manage an extra roll or 2.....

Now I need to decide what all to bring out of my collection of cleaning potions and utensils???

If anyone going has a fault code reader diagnostic plug thingy, and doesn't mind bringing it along I could do with a quick shot of it.

Cheers
Philip
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Hopefully my K&N airfilter and wax will arrive in time for it!
AO Member

County: Fife
Neither of my road worthy Alfas are in need of polishing just now, one is 3 weeks old and the other has been polished to death over the last few weeks.

So......

My wife's Fiesta is gagging for some serious work - shall I come along with that?
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcollie View Post
My wife's Fiesta is gagging for some serious work -
change it for an Alfa then

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
sequel , wash , wax

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page