- Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

Calendar:

01-01-70
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Calendar:

01-01-70
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mr-mac

Thanks for making it an RSVP thread...

dinomito

No worries John, looks like a nice wee run and plenty of places in/around Dundee to choose from for some grub as well

Cheers
G

mr-mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
No worries John, looks like a nice wee run and plenty of places in/around Dundee to choose from for some grub as well

Cheers
G
Exactly... Will probs draw up a shortlist of food places with good parking and see what we have. Ok beefeater isn't best food in world but plenty of parking and on the kingsway so good for getting home for everyone. Happy for suggestions for good places to eat

Will see if I can map the route and post up a link or something as well. That way if people live along or work near route and can't make the start they can just wait for string of noisy alfa's and join the back Some seriously good roads esp the one back from A9 to Dundee, lots of fun If we leave dead on 6 should be back in Dundee for food about 7.40ish enough time to look over the cars till all the non-run attendees arrive.

If it's a success (should be as we have loads of owners in the area for whom aberdeen or edinburgh are too far for a monthly meet) then I will maybe organise a few more. Maybe do it bi-monthly over summer and a Christmas thing.

John

dinomito

Great idea John

I't's good that you're taking the time to do this, as I reckon we need someone in that area to take care of meet/run needs. I'm stuck in the middle between Dundee and Aberdeen, we already have a regular meet up in Aberdeen, but nothing for the Dundee area.

I hope it's a success

mr-mac

Anyone on aroc Scotland able to post link to this?

Also post it to any forums your members of gtc, spider, 33, 75 etc etc.

Cheers

mr-mac

Following some feedback re. Linking to this on other forums.

If you ain't allowed to link to here no worries. as far as I am concerned it's just a social meet of Alfa fans. I am maintaining link here as it's a good forum where owners of all models are welcome so I don't need to maintain 10 different lists. Had no complaints from 155 or 156 forums for linking to here.

So if you want to post in your own model specific forums I can't see any one would worry. Maybe another general alfa forum in competition with AO may delete it but can't see the others doing anything like that.

John

dinomito

Down as a definate now as I'm going back to work in Perth, so I'll probably tag along from there

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Quote:
Down as a definate now as I'm going back to work in Perth,
Tell us more!
mr-mac

Quote:
Down as a definate now as I'm going back to work in Perth, so I'll probably tag along from there
good

mr-mac

Anyone know a good online map software that I can program in route and then just share link???

Tried OS's software as it said I could do this, spent a while programming it and then found out you need to register to see what I share... grrrrrr

If joining in perth I suggest either waiting just before we get there or on A9 just beyond. You can see when I share route.

Once my ancillary belt is back on and I am happy my cambelt and waterpump are all happy and not going to have some fun at my expense I will probably do a trial run to get an idea of time it will take. On my OS planning I reckon it's about 70miles so avg of 35mph would be 2hrs and I am sure on an evening weekday we should be exceeding that. Can always re-group in Dunkeld if some drivers want to take it a little easier before heading back to dundee.

I can even see if I can make up some sort of waypoint file or list that will give correct route for satnavs so people can have their own pace and not feel any pressure to drive beyond their (or cars) capabilities.

John

dinomito

Google Maps probably as good as any mate. Personally i would not be too bothered about going to that length. Just have recognised stop/meets points posted on here. That way people can suit themselves.
That works for us up the road anyway

mr-mac

Google maps is a pita... would need to try and add all sorts of weigh points to get it to correctly route. Can't see a way to just click on points to get it to route.

I may be able to upload the KML file somewhere then all you need to do is copy link into google maps search bar. Will see how well that works. Maybe just upload to my skydrive as a public file or summint.

mr-mac

Didn't work as gmaps said kml was invalid....

But seen you can drag route markers around to alter routes on gmaps so here is the route map.

Maybe Dinomito, if it wasn't too much trouble you could check map shows up and pop this link into the first post for me?

Newport-on-Tay, opp Car Park South Access on B946 to Unknown road - Google Maps

dinomito

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-mac View Post
Didn't work as gmaps said kml was invalid....

But seen you can drag route markers around to alter routes on gmaps so here is the route map.

Maybe Dinomito, if it wasn't too much trouble you could check map shows up and pop this link into the first post for me?

Newport-on-Tay, opp Car Park South Access on B946 to Unknown road - Google Maps
Done

Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1451
County: Perth and Kinross
Garage

Member car:

Stelvio Milano

Quote:
Exactly... Will probs draw up a shortlist of food places with good parking and see what we have. Ok beefeater isn't best food in world but plenty of parking and on the kingsway so good for getting home for everyone. Happy for suggestions for good places to eat

How about this for an alternative if the weather is good. Overlooks the river & the airport

Riverside Inn an Eating Inn family restaurant from Belhaven.

Prices don't seem too bad either.
AO Member

County: Fife
Count me in too.
AO Member

County: Fife
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8CRED View Post
How about this for an alternative if the weather is good. Overlooks the river & the airport

Riverside Inn an Eating Inn family restaurant from Belhaven.

Prices don't seem too bad either.

We used to meet there on Thursdays when I used to run American V8's. They were very good to us and even allowed us to have a car show every July and put on a Barbeque etc. Not sure if it has changed hands since then though. I'll try and get a hold of the old club organiser.
mr-mac

Happy with that food choice. Not decided that yet.... but..... we have now

Right Riverside inn it is.. Updated map http://g.co/maps/cznbf

John

Last edited by mr-mac; 01-02-12 at 21:04.

AO Gold Member

Member car:

'02 156 1.8 TS

what time you aiming to be at broxden at? Just thinking i might be able to pick you guys up there (i work in perth) and maybe others from further south could join the convey there? Although at the rate i'm going with fixing up the 156 i might be in a corsa
mr-mac

Not sure guess about 30-40mins after departing but need to do a trial run for times etc.

I take it that is junction south of perth???

Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1451
County: Perth and Kinross
Garage

Member car:

Stelvio Milano

Quote:
Not sure guess about 30-40mins after departing but need to do a trial run for times etc.

I take it that is junction south of perth???
No. That's the roundabout where the M90 & the A9 from Glasgow meet.
mr-mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8CRED View Post
No. That's the roundabout where the M90 & the A9 from Glasgow meet.
There wouldn't be anywhere to wait for us there...

But guess about 5 min after time before that give or take

dinomito

Quote:
There wouldn't be anywhere to wait for us there...

But guess about 5 min after time before that give or take
There is quite a large service station just off that roundabout. Plenty room for meeting up

AO Gold Member

Member car:

'02 156 1.8 TS

yeah, or there's the P+R site (which has a big waiting room and bogs) or maccy D's for people that can't wait till 8

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
dundee , food , meet , run

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page