Hiiiiiiya - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 13-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thumbs Up Hiiiiiiya

Well ... im sure iv posted here a while back when I got my last 145 .... but now its a 156

I it was important to fully introduce myself and say a proper hello

Where to begin? I bought my first Alfa Romeo at 19. It was a 145 cloverleaf and my dads words were "your mental". Well i was ... i mean a 2l 150bhp sports car at 19 ... my insurance mainly laughed at me ... but then ... thanks to elephant I got my 145. U LOVED this car. What other car do you get so much fun adn enjoyment from but i could stil get 4 mates in it with some kit. However, after around 2 years of enjoyment, the car met its fate ... the dreaded speed hump! after already having the sump repared after coming up against the waterboards hole that they chose not to corden off, it seemed that the shockies and most of the suspension had gone ... so off to car heaven it went. Still ... was used for parts so not all bad.

As i needed a car fairly quickly, the only sensible thing to do was buy whatever came up first, and so ended my alfa love affair for around 18 months. but then ... what dii find but another 145. But in the time since I had owned my last alfa, my life had changed. I now was working with young people with additional support needs, some of whom needed whheelchairs, and I just couldnt get them in the boot ... I WAS GUTTED!. so away went the second love of my life. I needed another alfa. and what better than my current love.

A 52 plate alfa 156 2 litre JTS. I couldnt believe my luck when i cam across this beuty. It was a facelift interior, and had just shy of 90k on the clock. But what really attracted me to this was the fact that it had been into our faithful friends Arnold Shark who had put an apprentice on to change the cambelt. Well said apprentace im sure no longer works with good old uncle arnold, as he didnt do it right ... and shnap ... so uncle arnold paid 4230, to put a brand spanking new engine, fresh out of the box into this beutiful car. And all less than 30k ago ...

I will of course upload some picutres when I get the chance, but there is my alfa story ... A true love affair!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dinomito

Welcome back to AO.

AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

Congratulations on the purchase of your latest Alfa - hopefully we will get to see some daylight photos of it as it looks a lovely colour.

Sounds like you got a great car there all down to some apprentice making a mistake

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
hiiiiiiya

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page