I hate the Vauxhall Corsa! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South Scotland All events and potential meets in South Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 15-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

I hate the Vauxhall Corsa!

Well those that went to the Xtreme Karting last week know that because my car was leaking coolant it had to go stay and Western Edinburgh to be investigated and repaired. So, Monday morning travelled 60 odd miles in the snow and rain on the M8. Arrived at a very snowy Edinburgh came off the city by-pass at Dreghorn skidded off the slip road then crawled to the dealer. Dropped my car off and picked up the courtesy car, a white/creme coloured turismo MiTo, and set off home. Didn't skid this time thanks to the Michelin tyres! Got home went to the Inverclyde Royal Hospital to pick up my mum and gran, parked the car came back 40 mins later to find some moron had reversed there Corsa into the side of my car. Didn't dent it though only scratched it but what annoyed me was the fact they just left it parked like that. Not done it and moved it over and left a note. Took pics and the reg number and reported it to the Police but to be honest they didn't seem interested. Almost felt as if they where blamming me. Said my insurence I got from the dealer was only a loan agreement and I'd have to show my own documents to see if I was insured to drive even though I was. In the end I told Western I'd just pay for the damage as I had a £500 excess and if I claimed it'd effect my premium on my insurence plus we probably wouldn't get it back so instead i'm £130 outta pocket because of this. Feel free to voice you disgust because I certinly have and those who follow me on twitter have too.

First 2 pics are the front and rear views, 3rd is damage to the Corsa and 4th is damage to mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00231-20110207-1437.jpg (69.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00232-20110207-1437.jpg (58.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00234-20110207-1439.jpg (93.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00236-20110207-1440.jpg (59.1 KB, 12 views)

Xbox Live/PSN ID: SpeakForYou - Twitter: AlfistiKid

"You cannot be a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa Romeo" - Jeremy Clarkson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dinomito

That really hacks me off when peeps damage your car, knowing full well what they've done. You have plenty evidence there to pursue it further though Aimee. Demand satisfaction from the Police.

G

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 96
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

I agree with Graham on that Aimee, why should you be £130 worse off because of some moron who can't drive
AO Silver Member

County: Fife

Member car:

500 twinair

Exactly, your evidence dont get much better than that!
Hope you get somewhere with this.
AO Member

Garage
The idiot mustn't have even realised they had done it as otherwise they would have surely moved it.

You do get some fools behind the wheel.
AO Member

County: Fife
Very stupid thing to do and yes they should pay for the damage. But, as it happened at the hospital I wouldn't go in too strong until you find out why they were there, the reason for the visit might explain why they didn't stop to leave details or move the car back.
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

Sorry to hear the news Aimee - had it happen to me in the past and cursed them for it - I could never do that to another car and not leave some contact details for them

Don't give up on the police though as they will follow it up albeit at a snails pace - the guy who did it to my clio ended up getting charged for not reporting an accident or making an attempt to contact the owner - I was fortunate an onlooker witnessed it and took his details. By the time it got to him being charged I'd gotten rid of the car anyhow, but at least I felt justice had been done.
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
If you'd have just given the number of the other car to your insurance company they would have claimed everything off the other driver, including your excess. As a non-fault accident it wouldn't have cost you a penny or increased your premiums.

Plus you should always report accidents like this to your ins. co. as there's always a risk the other party will try to say it was your fault and claim £££s off your ins. if you don't
AO Platinum Member

It's amazing how selfish some people can be
(Post Link) post #10 of 17 Old 17-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Still not holding out much hope for the police. It was the dealerships insurance I was on not my own so I don't know how this works. But looking for the space there's no way you could not notice you weren't going to fit you car into that space but they just squeezed it in. Mind you the majority of the population of Inverclyde seem to have gotten their licence from a lucky bag.
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
I'm assuming you got pics that included the other cars plate. Hand that to the dealership with your pics. you should not have to cough up for this!!!
AO Platinum Member

I guess your problem will be proving you were there before the Corsa...
AO Member

County: Western Isles

Member car:

Spider 2.4 jtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrofoglio View Post
If you'd have just given the number of the other car to your insurance company they would have claimed everything off the other driver, including your excess. As a non-fault accident it wouldn't have cost you a penny or increased your premiums.

Plus you should always report accidents like this to your ins. co. as there's always a risk the other party will try to say it was your fault and claim £££s off your ins. if you don't
If you are involved in a claim, your insurance premium will go up - regardless of who was at fault or who took responsibility. It will not do anything to your no claims but that is based on a percentage of your premium cost.

You are unfortunately obliged to tell your insurance company of any accident or claim, regardless of fault or claim on your policy. Failure to do this may invalidate your policy...

If you have paid the extra for uninsured loss, your company will pursue the owner of the Corsa to the end of the universe to take money off him/her. Always worth a try but the insurance company will try to make you take the risk on anything like courtesy car hire.

"When you sit in a Focus RS or a Golf R32 itís like sitting in a commercial for Lynx aftershave. When you sit in an 147 GTA itís like sitting in a Venetianís hand-made suitcase." J.Clarkson 2003.

Current fleet: 156 Sportwagon jtd 16V (facelift) 2.4 Spider, Leon Cupra SC, 147 Lusso
Projects: Spider S4, Matra Murena 2.2
(Post Link) post #14 of 17 Old 17-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Just a wee update. The Police phoned a few weeks ago but I was at work and they said they'd phone the next day, but didn't. So might need to wait my turn again lol.
AO Member

Just a thought on the corsa ... was it possibly that they were struggling to move it ... due to the snow?

or am i just making excuses for him?
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakForYou View Post
Just a wee update. The Police phoned a few weeks ago but I was at work and they said they'd phone the next day, but didn't. So might need to wait my turn again lol.
Don't wait on them phoning you, call them back quoting your crime ref number - keep on top of this or you will get nowhere fast with them. Good luck
(Post Link) post #17 of 17 Old 21-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyle View Post
Just a thought on the corsa ... was it possibly that they were struggling to move it ... due to the snow?

or am i just making excuses for him?
Well they reversed in the same as me and I had no problems. I think they just didn't notice that the space just wasn't big enough for it. Either way, they still shouldv'e have left a note with their contact details or something and maybe 'moved' their car instead of having the cheek of just leaving it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > South Scotland

Tags
corsa , hate , vauxhall

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page