Meet > Drive > Pub Lunch on Sunday 13th March - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South East London, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, Sussex

Meet > Drive > Pub Lunch on Sunday 13th March
Calendar: Event Calendar
PJ3074
AO Silver Member

13-03-16
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Sunday 13th March

As per the title, we'll meet up at a couple of locations and have a drive through the Kent and Sussex Countryside and finish up at the Vine Inn; Tenterden.

Meet Point #1
Meet at 08:00hrs at Notcutts Garden Centre in Maidstone, J7 off M20. Bearsted Road, Maidstone, ME14 5LH. Will be leaving at 08:30hrs, so plenty of time to get here.

Meet Point #2
Meet at 09:30hrs (approx) at Sainsburys Tunbridge Wells, Linden Park Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 5Q. We will leaving at 10:00hrs. There is also an Esso petrol station nearby if anyone needs fuel, or use the Sainsburys garage.

There is no planned route for this one - just follow the person in front and bring a 2-way radio with the channel preset to #6.

We will headout through the countryside, down to Battle / Hastings, Winchelsea, Rye, Camber Sands, Brenzett, Appledore, Sissinghurst and Tenterden for the Pub.

There are a couple of stop off points for getting a Cuppa and use of the Loo etc. which will be taken care of as we go.

Please note that I will be hosting this one in my TT as the GTV is going up for sale and I don't want to be using it - saves me cleaning it again !!

I know a few people who come along regularly to my events that have a range of different cars, so feel free to either bring your Alfa or anything out of your collection that takes your fancy - I am not that precious about these things. It's more of getting together and enjoying a day out with a decent pub lunch at the end.

Cheers,

Paul

Meet > Drive > Pub Lunch on Sunday 13th March
Calendar: Event Calendar
PJ3074
AO Silver Member

13-03-16
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Sunday 13th March

As per the title, we'll meet up at a couple of locations and have a drive through the Kent and Sussex Countryside and finish up at the Vine Inn; Tenterden.

Meet Point #1
Meet at 08:00hrs at Notcutts Garden Centre in Maidstone, J7 off M20. Bearsted Road, Maidstone, ME14 5LH. Will be leaving at 08:30hrs, so plenty of time to get here.

Meet Point #2
Meet at 09:30hrs (approx) at Sainsburys Tunbridge Wells, Linden Park Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 5Q. We will leaving at 10:00hrs. There is also an Esso petrol station nearby if anyone needs fuel, or use the Sainsburys garage.

There is no planned route for this one - just follow the person in front and bring a 2-way radio with the channel preset to #6.

We will headout through the countryside, down to Battle / Hastings, Winchelsea, Rye, Camber Sands, Brenzett, Appledore, Sissinghurst and Tenterden for the Pub.

There are a couple of stop off points for getting a Cuppa and use of the Loo etc. which will be taken care of as we go.

Please note that I will be hosting this one in my TT as the GTV is going up for sale and I don't want to be using it - saves me cleaning it again !!

I know a few people who come along regularly to my events that have a range of different cars, so feel free to either bring your Alfa or anything out of your collection that takes your fancy - I am not that precious about these things. It's more of getting together and enjoying a day out with a decent pub lunch at the end.

Cheers,

Paul
 6Likes

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -England
So I heard about RSVP I assume here?
(Post Link) post #3 of 53 Old 12-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry.M View Post
So I heard about RSVP I assume here?
YEP - just click on the RSVP option and state if you are going to be at Notcutts or Sainsburys meet point. Look forward to meeting you Henry. Cheers, Paul.
AO Member

County: -England
Will aim for meeting point 1 in Maidstone now for decisions. My 156 insurance runs out on the 9th of march. My Gtv is yet to be driven and could be on the road in time. I can only really afford to insure one but I couldn't bare to part with either
AO Member

County: England
Are those above the watery divide permitted to come and play?
(Post Link) post #6 of 53 Old 13-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darranna View Post
Are those above the watery divide permitted to come and play?
Please feel free to come along as it'll be a mix of cars. The route has some top roads, views and the pub is great!.. Hopefully weather will be good for eating outside.

Look forward to meeting you!

Paul
(Post Link) post #7 of 53 Old 18-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Nice to see a good lot of RSVP's - Yes! and still in January

Also good to get some new people coming along as well... Just to reiterate, All welcome!
AO Member

See you at Tunbridge Wells - 09.30.

Looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Fraze
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2

Looking forward to bringing the GT along. Should still be a few Busso powered Alfas hopefully but also nice to have a bit of a mix.
(Post Link) post #10 of 53 Old 27-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_123 View Post
Looking forward to bringing the GT along. Should still be a few Busso powered Alfas hopefully but also nice to have a bit of a mix.
At least you can make the whole day out this time

It's been nice to see a good, positive response to this Meet / Drive Out Day, seeing as I won't be in the GTV... I could bring it, but it will be in the workshop on the 14th March for Service and a few final bits that need doing.

Dare I say, that I have had a few second thoughts about selling it??

On a different note, I'll be able to do another one of these Events come June either Sunday 12th or 19th, as I don't have any spare weekends!!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ3074 View Post
At least you can make the whole day out this time

It's been nice to see a good, positive response to this Meet / Drive Out Day, seeing as I won't be in the GTV... I could bring it, but it will be in the workshop on the 14th March for Service and a few final bits that need doing.

Dare I say, that I have had a few second thoughts about selling it??

On a different note, I'll be able to do another one of these Events come June either Sunday 12th or 19th, as I don't have any spare weekends!!
As soon as you get it serviced and the sun is out I think you may have third thoughts about getting rid of the GTV!
(Post Link) post #12 of 53 Old 03-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanners1 View Post
As soon as you get it serviced and the sun is out I think you may have third thoughts about getting rid of the GTV!
This is a possibility! it's quietly sitting in my garage in its winter covers, and next month I will get it taxed for its trip to Jamie's workshop. I've added a few more jobs to the list as now all the suspension springs will be replaced as will the front shocks (rears done) and all the drop links whilst at it, as they are not that expensive.

Glad you can make it David.
AO Member

County: Essex
Garage
See you at the second meeting point. If all goes well on 4th March I'm getting a new starter motor put on the GTV and I will bring that, otherwise I will be in the Guilietta; maybe struggling to keep up!!

Last edited by geffyb; 03-02-16 at 18:04. Reason: did not mean to use quote!
(Post Link) post #14 of 53 Old 03-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffyb View Post
See you at the second meeting point. If all goes well on 4th March I'm getting a new starter motor put on the GTV and I will bring that, otherwise I will be in the Guilietta; maybe struggling to keep up!!

Nice one! Be good to see you again mate, as been a while... Hope the GTV is sorted in time as it sounds insane (in a good, but evil way )
AO Member

County: Essex
Garage
Moaning

Quote:
Nice one! Be good to see you again mate, as been a while... Hope the GTV is sorted in time as it sounds insane (in a good, but evil way )
Thanks my friend; I do hope to hear her tones once again and I'm so looking forward to meeting up. I did not make it to one event last year!
AO Member

Garage
I expect I will be there at Notcutts with my durty diesel tractor to give her a good ragging n will also be good to catch up with everyone......good old friends n also some new ??
(Post Link) post #17 of 53 Old 16-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Just to let you all know, I can do another Event during April, prior to Auto Italia Day... I will be hosting that in my GTV -- so from the closest I have ever been to parting with it, I am now putting in over a Grand (in parts) with a major suspension replacement of everything.. Spring Pans, Upper Arms, Lower Arms, PowerFlex Bushes (all round), ARB PU Bushes, All Drop Links, Full Front / Back KONI Dampers with Suplex Springs, New Bump Stops, Track Rod Ends and a 4 wheel Alignment, Full Service & MOT (and Regass the AC and change the Brake Fluid).

Talk about making an ultimate "Re-think"

As per David's recommendation.. just need to complete with a Q2 or Quaife LSD upgrade; which will make it the ultimate driving and handling experience. Another GRAND !!!

Shame those Alfaholics Recaro's are so Damn expensive, as that kind of seat should have been standard.

See you all in a few weeks
AO Silver Member

ARGGHHH, DAMN AND BLAST
I'm working that weekend
(Post Link) post #19 of 53 Old 22-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celadon View Post
ARGGHHH, DAMN AND BLAST
I'm working that weekend https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/image...s/censored.gif
April -- what Sunday's you got free??

I'll look to post that one up shortly, as I'll be itching to run the GTV following the chassis / suspension makeover.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
April -- what Sunday's you got free??

I'll look to post that one up shortly, as I'll be itching to run the GTV following the chassis / suspension makeover.
I have 10th and 17th free in April atm.
(Post Link) post #21 of 53 Old 22-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Ok, will see how those sit for me and arrange to accommodate

APRIL DATES
At the moment, I have both 10th and 17th April available.

What is the preference here??

Last edited by PJ3074; 23-02-16 at 11:59.
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Can I meet you guys at brenzett again, don't know what time you'll be there
Would be good to catch up it's been a while
(Post Link) post #23 of 53 Old 06-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom17 View Post
Can I meet you guys at brenzett again, don't know what time you'll be there
Would be good to catch uphttps://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/image...es/thumbup.gif it's been a while
No worries

We'll aim to get to the Shell garage at R/B around 11.30am - leaving T/Wells by 10.00am, so that should be about right.

Will be coming in from Winchelsea/Rye direction.
AO Member

Hi Paul. I'm hoping to come along. Will be at nottcutts on time
(Post Link) post #25 of 53 Old 07-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewrot View Post
Hi Paul. I'm hoping to come along. Will be at nottcutts on time https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Nice one!

Not long to go now...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South East

Tags
> , 13th , drive , lunch , march , meet , pub , sunday

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page