Paul, where are you having the work on your car done?
Hi Lynn, there is only one person who I trust to work on my car and that is Jamie O'Connell of GO Italia. I have been taking the GTV to him since 2012, and was one of his first customers with my old 156, when he setup back in 2009/10.
Go Italia - Alfa Romeo and Fiat Specialist - Contact Us
£££ Mucho Dinero Indeed !!! ... My thoughts on this principle were:-
1) It completes the full mechanical overhaul of just about everything that you could change
2) It won't need doing for at least another million years
3) It will stop me having those winter thoughts, of
should I get something different?
4) It sounds like "Aural" Pornography
5) I'd regret it
6) If I did want to get another one, it wouldn't be as good as mine (with all that's gone in)
7) The thought of someone buying it and Fing
it up, disturbs me
As much as I enjoyed the precision of the Panzer during Sunday's drive out (with it's Sline Sports Seats).. I really missed not having the noise of the V6
There are still things that I hate about the GTV (in general)...
- Crap Seats (in terms of lateral support)
- Crap Cabin Storage
- Crap Turning Circle
- Crap Driving Position as it's too high (TT is very low and cossetted)
But despite these irritations of "crapness" it is completely forgiven for its...
- Looks / Stance / Uber Coolness
- Engine Bay (no plastic panel crap here, its all MEAT and 2-VEG)
- Wonderful Interior Design in that its quite Ferrari-esque with dials and switches etc.
- Please note I exclude seating in the above "wonderfulness"
- V6 + Ragazzon Roar and Howl is so sublime and main reason why I bought it
- I have the best Alloy Wheels (PH3)
Plus, there is nothing quite like these cars anymore... So, I take it on premise that is a 17 year old Alfa Romeo, that will need to be loved and pampered and cost me, probably more money than running x2 Teenage Daughters!!!
But, for 4-6 months of the year and around 800 miles ... It still gives me a BIG CHEESEY GRIN
Anyway... to all of you who have said to me "PAUL DO NOT SELL YOUR GTV!!!!"
I thank you kindly