916 group - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
South East London, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, Sussex

34Likes

AO Member

County: Kent
Enjoy, the suns out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Garage
Sorry about that Flanners...my bad.. hopefully I'll be more careful next time I lead a run.

I think with the amount of traffic out we realised that Sunday early is better than Saturdays.

Maybe someone could put an East Sussex run together?
I can make Sunday 10th or 24th June early starts.
faffer, Mrkgod and Philcrazy like this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goremohekan View Post
Sorry about that Flanners...my bad.. hopefully I'll be more careful next time I lead a run.

I think with the amount of traffic out we realised that Sunday early is better than Saturdays.

Second this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AO Member

Quote:

No worries, I lost Pierre and he was behind me so I was guilty too. Just have to do the admin better next time
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: UK also in 159 2.4TI Sportswagon
Garage

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanners1 View Post
No worries, I lost Pierre and he was behind me so I was guilty too. Just have to do the admin better next time
On next run, let’s make sure we have an exchange of mobile numbers and a few on route potential catch up points known that any lost in action Alfa’s can refind group. Sorry it is hard posting updates on forum from mobile and most don’t have access whilst out.

Cheers all.
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Hi,We had hoped to be on that run, but my son's other half gave birth to a son, so we had to go and look at him etc.
The weather looked great, very hot here.
Hope everyone had a good run. I wanted to come as I haven't been to that area for many years.
I looked at the planned route that you posted and it looked good. Never been to the Spitfire cafe, looked good on Google street view.
We are off to Kaprun, in Austria soon for a run over the Alps into Italy and Switzerland. Hope the weather is kind to us for that.
Be nice to go out again when we get back. Will keep an eye out for any planned runs, routes etc.
We will put together another run too when we get back.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Does anybody want to lead a run on Sunday 10th June...early start?
faffer likes this.
AO Member

County: Essex
Garage
Did "we" decide on having the next run nearer Flanners1's neck of the woods as he missed out last time?
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by faffer View Post
Did "we" decide on having the next run nearer Flanners1's neck of the woods as he missed out last time?
I'd be up for a drive out this Sunday...but I don't know the roads around East Sussex well enough to plan a route.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

Quote:
I'd be up for a drive out this Sunday...but I don't know the roads around East Sussex well enough to plan a route.
I am only a 50/50 this Sunday at the moment? See what you plan.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Depending on who is going would be a factor in where we actually A to B from, why not think of somewhere you are familiar with as a plan B just in case.
AO Silver Member

Garage
I may go early just myself and have a mooch around East Sussex early this Sunday.

I won't be able to lead a run this weekend because I don't know the roads down there...

If I can work out a decent route this Sunday, then I can lead a run on 24th June...

Last edited by goremohekan; 08-06-18 at 18:04.
AO Member

Out with the other half this weekend.

I will be at the Alfa Day at Hever next Saturday if the weather gods smile upon us.

Up for an E Sussex drive, I have a few roads and routes in mind, T Wells up through Ashdown Forest wind our way down to the coast, Birling Gap and on towards Pevensey...Bexhill, Hastings, Fairlight, Winchelsea, Rye to Camber, Dungeness? if we all have access to comms and early morning should be do-able.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Out with the other half this weekend.

I will be at the Alfa Day at Hever next Saturday if the weather gods smile upon us.

Up for an E Sussex drive, I have a few roads and routes in mind, T Wells up through Ashdown Forest wind our way down to the coast, Birling Gap and on towards Pevensey...Bexhill, Hastings, Fairlight, Winchelsea, Rye to Camber, Dungeness? if we all have access to comms and early morning should be do-able.
I'd be up for that if the date suits.

This morning I rose early...left Canterbury at 0445. Got petrol at Ashford and zipped off to Ditchling Beacon via Rye, Battle and Heathfield.
Had a walk around the south downs for half an hour, admired the stamina of the Larks...then back to Jo's cafe at Brenzett for 0800 breakfast.

The roads were fantastic at 0500-0700. After that, there are a few people about...going to bootfairs I guess?, and dragging horseboxes mainly..plus Bikers of course....

A271 via Herstmonceaux is boring - avoid - it's all 30 and 40 limits.

B2096 Battle to Heathfield was great at 0600hrs

the nav took me on some lovely winding 'B' and 'C' roads zig-zagging across via Plumpton to Ditchling, which were cool, but doubt if I could find the route again..

From Brenzett and then across Ivychurch to Bilsington all good and quiet still at 0900.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
If I can work out a decent route this Sunday, then I can lead a run on 24th June...
Quote:
Is anything being planned for Sunday?
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by faffer View Post
Is anything being planned for Sunday?
Dave,
I think that David Flanners will lead the next outing but haven't heard any dates yet from him......

I must confess that I have signed up for a Pistonheads dawn run this Sunday. Hopefully the 156 will represent well among the Caymans and Audi R8s etc! !

I don't really feel able to lead a run outside of East Kent, as I just don't know the roads well enough.

See you soon hopefully.
AO Member

Garage
Thats fine, I have an alternative "family thing" that I will have to attend now. Do try and play nice with the others on Sunday. See you on the next Alfa one.
AO Member

County: Herts
2019 meets or runs

I will try to attend some meets and runs out at weekends next year.
Is there a diary yet for 2019 Alfa activities or is it mainly ad-hock?
AO Silver Member

Garage
I hope to organise at least one run out in East Kent/east Sussex in the spring. Meet point near Canterbury. Either meet early on a Sunday morning 7am...or later in the afternoon after all the horseboxes/cyclists have gone home.

I have joined a "light rear wheel drive club" which is based on Pistonheads. They drive out once a month. I take the series 2 spider...fwd cars are a no-no...
Anyway, the last time I led a drive with the AO guys I didn't do that well...we got split up and lost Dave Flanners...anyway, if I bring the 1970's Spider it will stop me from blasting off quite so fast...and also I will put in a couple of rendezvous points in case we get split up.
faffer, Flanners1, r1200rt and 1 others like this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

2019 Events in the Southeast

Just in case anyone wants to get involved with AROC events below are a couple of their meets for 2019.

They have a drive day in April. A few of the Brands Hatch events are always good days out, however up for a few good drives out next year.

I have also added some other events going on so that any drives could be combined or planned around not to clash. If you have not done one of the Departure alounge breakfasts really recomend it, however have not worked out a scenic nice non motorway drive across yet from Kent however as a half day out still great.

Saturday April 6th 10.00am All Italian Car Meet - The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH

Sunday 7th April –AROC Display at Brands Hatch BTCC

Sunday 14th April AROC Spring Alfa Day. National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, John Montagu Building, Beaulieu, Brockenhurst SO42 7ZN,

Horsham’s 13th Easter Italian Festival will be on Good Friday 19th and Easter Monday 22nd April 2019

Sunday 28th April – AROC Drive it Day Alfa Run, Doug Hodson Memorial.

Saturday 4th Auto Italia Italian Car Day Brooklands Museum, Weybridge KT13 0QN, UK

Sunday 12th May – AROC Leeds Castle ‘Motors by the Moat’

Sunday 26th May – AROC display Brands Hatch Historic Festival TBC

Saturday 1st June, 10am. All Italian Car Meet - The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH

Saturday 15th June – AROC Alfa Romeo Show at Hever Castle

Sunday 30th. AROC National Alfa Day- Bicester Heritage, A4421, Launton, Bicester OX26 5HA, UK

Saturday 3rd August 10am All Italian Car Meet - The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH

Festival Italia returns to Brands Hatch with an all-Italian family day out on 18 August 2019. Again AROC display.

Saturday 5th October 10am All Italian Car Meet - The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH

Sunday 13th October – AROC display Brands Hatch BTCC

1999 3.0 V6 - Q2 LSD - KW V2 coil overs - Alfaholics ARBs front & rear- Fully Polybushed. GTA clutch & Flywheel-330mm Ft. Brembo’s with Performance Friction pads - Alfaholics stainless downpipes & Sports Cat. Ragazzon stainless Cat back to unsilenced quad DTMs. Piper cross foam filter and alfaholics short shifter, Bluestyle interior full genuine Alfa electric and heated seats, Alfa 17″ enzo style wheels. Jim Kartalamakis Performance reprofiled 10.0 Cams, bespoke Remap :

Last edited by Philcrazy; 13-01-19 at 00:19.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

Chilling 7th April central London Drive day?

As a celebration of the mad ULEZ that will come into effect on Monday 8th April in central London, I thought an Alfa drive into central London very early on Sunday morning the 7th could be appropriate. If early enough would be no traffic and could fill London with a nice Alfa noise.

Could be a bit of fun to have particularly special with V6 Alfa’s and diesel Alfa’s have a mass parade through the Mall, driving through Royal parks Perhaps crossing all the bridges in central London etc. From West to East with final run through the City and back out through Blackwall Tunnel.

It is the same day as BTCC at Brands Hatch so could be before that for those attending.

Will be the last time you can take your car into a London without it costing you £12 at the weekend and eve more any other day. Thus have to get some iconic photo snaps of Alfa’s in London.

Any takers? I suspect a few other car clubs may have thought of this so could be a laugh!

Alterntive perhaps a drive in on the Sunday evening parade from Brands Hatch after British Touring Cars!!!!!

Last edited by Philcrazy; 12-01-19 at 23:48.
AO Silver Member

Garage
I just posted a new thread with route details for a spring drive.
Once we have a definite group and date then I can PM everyone my mobile number so we don't get last years debacle.
Also I plan to bring the 1977 Spider...which doesn't go as fast off as the GTA, so that should help things.

And lastly, I have put in some rendezvous points where we will swing in..so gives options to join at those points as well as to regroup.

Please reply on the new thread if you can!
faffer, r1200rt and Philcrazy like this.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Pierre, I tried looking on the AROC site for the Doug Hodson Memorial Drive on 28th April...can't find anything about it?
AO Member

Hello Gentlemen

I've just found this post and wonder if there are any local-fish 916 Spider and GTV owners that meet/would be interested in a meet?

I'm just in East Sussex south of Tunbridge Wells, so a Kent & East Sussex Borders 916 meeting would work
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpc View Post
Hello Gentlemen

I've just found this post and wonder if there are any local-fish 916 Spider and GTV owners that meet/would be interested in a meet?

I'm just in East Sussex south of Tunbridge Wells, so a Kent & East Sussex Borders 916 meeting would work
Hi Simon,
I am organising a meet on Sunday 28th April. It is for any Alfa (lancias, etc too), but it is always mainly 916 cars that turn up to these.

We have an early meet up at Maidstone and enjoy an early morning drive to a breakfast point.

The thread is here: https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/sout...ing-drive.html (Spring Sunday Early Morning Drive)

The route is posted on the thread.

The meets are only organised ad-hoc, but one or two from the group do "owe" us a drive on East Sussex roads later in the year.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > South East

Tags
916 , group

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page