145's getting there
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Africa
County: Western Cape
145 V6. Let the discussion Start
Hi Peeps. I’ve been very quiet. My GTV is running very good, and all my conversions are running and finished. Well so i thought, till last night.
Last night a friend gave me a call. He bought a 145 on auction. Complete car, just missing the Engine end gearbox. He wants to sell it to me for R3500. I can’t say now for it at that price. Only crap its that lime green colour, but that we can sort out, with a nice red or black.
Now for the technical stuff. Me and Turbonutters had a chat last night. I want to use this topic to get most of the technical stuff on the parts that are interchangeable between the 145, 156 and GTV6 for such a conversion.
Mounting the Engine and gearbox.
Some say the 2.5l (156) and 3.0 GTV motor and gearbox is a straight fit onto the 145 nose.
1. Will there be any mods to be done to the 145 cross member for the V6 fitment and the exhaust?
2. Will V6 Mountings fit on the 145 body engine and gearbox mountings? Straight or Modification needed?
3. V6 has a Cable shift Gearbox. How easy is it to fit the cable shift selector setup in the car
4. The 145 speedo picks up from the gearbox. The V6 picks up from the CV. Will the 156 Struts and front brakes, hubs , fit on the 145 lower control arm
5. What CV’s and Shafts do I need?
1. ECU. I want to keep it STD (If I can) I know its easy just to slap on a aftermarket ECU, But to keep it True Alfa will be better.
2. I want to use the wire loom and the ECU of the engine that I’ll be using.
3. I dont want to remove the 145 ABS setup. Can i keep it in?
4. Will i be able to splice in the V6 ECU wires into the 145 ECU Wire loom?
1. Now the Question of the Motor. Mr Nutters say 3.0l (GTV one) I say 2.5l (156 one)
2. 2.5l. Reason you can Pick up a rear ended 156 2.5 V6 at SMD for like R10k to R15k. Then you got everything you need for this conversion. Any Ideas what to look for?
3. Mr Nutter Mentioned that the Pre 2000 156 model parts must be used. Please tell me more.
1. 5 Speed or 6 peed
2. What V6 comes all standard with 6 speed boxes
3. What comes with 5 speed.
4. It’s there really such a biiig differences between the 5 and 6 speed boxes?
Alfa GTV 3.0 24v V6 BEE Edition.
Some People Should not be Driving Alfa.... They just dont have the Passion
Last edited by GTA QV; 07-09-11 at 07:31.