Value of a 2008 159 Ti - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

1Likes
  • 1 Post By mick164

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 17-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

159 Ti

Value of a 2008 159 Ti

I was involved in a crash on Monday and my prized 159 Ti has been wrote off

I've got a claim in with the guy who crashed into me's insurance company and the assessors were out today to look at it.

It was in mint condition and only serviced in Ti Autos 4 days before with a wishbone replaced also. Not a bit of additional work needed on it. Driving like new. 96,000 miles. Full service history from new.

Anyone have an idea of what to expect? The only same spec similar year on sale in the country is up for 6.5k with 70,000 more miles on it.

I've got a feeling i'm going to be low balled by the insurance company on the valuation. Anyone got any opinion on what they think it would be worth?

The most similar example (from a garage) I can find is this from the UK which would likely be around 8k to import

Last edited by jkdunne; 17-06-16 at 20:46.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

petrol or diesel?

if petrol, id have thought 6500 to be good, if diesel, add another 1500 to 2k.

An idea might be to ring the likes of tractamotors or agnelli and look for the trade in value of it in its pre crash condition. Alfa dealers of all should know the value the best and its only fair that you're not left out of pocket.

Id go with agnelli first, fiat ireland is based there and they might see you as a potential giulia buyer

Hopefully no damage was done to yourself anyway

County: Cork
Garage
Sorry to hear about your ti, hope you are ok as that's the main thing & hopefully the insurance company will give you a fair value & not take too long to sort it out.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdunne View Post
I was involved in a crash on Monday and my prized 159 Ti has been wrote off

I've got a claim in with the guy who crashed into me's insurance company and the assessors were out today to look at it.

It was in mint condition and only serviced in Ti Autos 4 days before with a wishbone replaced also. Not a bit of additional work needed on it. Driving like new. 96,000 miles. Full service history from new.

Anyone have an idea of what to expect? The only same spec similar year on sale in the country is up for 6.5k with 70,000 more miles on it.

I've got a feeling i'm going to be low balled by the insurance company on the valuation. Anyone got any opinion on what they think it would be worth?

The most similar example (from a garage) I can find is this from the UK which would likely be around 8k to import
Really sorry for your troubles and as a matter of course you will be lowballed so get ready for a fight.

Last edited by Mufasa; 21-06-16 at 12:02.
AO Silver Member

..well you're here to tell the tale thankfully, but sad to see a ti go like that.

Might be worth having a look at the vrt inquiries site to get a feel for how things may go, but also start collecting and documenting any other evidence of pricing you can find from the various classifieds. Tough break, but best of luck with it...
Mufasa likes this.
(Post Link) post #6 of 12 Old 23-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Thanks all. Have been offered 7k. I've went back to say I wasn't happy with that though. He said that he had seen similar Ti's for £4000 in the UK on Auto Trader (from dealers). I can't seem to find them myself though!
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdunne View Post
Thanks all. Have been offered 7k. I've went back to say I wasn't happy with that though. He said that he had seen similar Ti's for £4000 in the UK on Auto Trader (from dealers). I can't seem to find them myself though!
Give him a list of links (with print screens) of 159 Ti's that you can find in the UK for higher and tell him that if he can find you a 159 Ti in as good a condition as yours to buy it for you.
Also was yours a UK car originally or Irish from new.
Uk 159's seem to be prone to rotten front sub-frames, so if yours was Irish Id be demanding a higher price to compensate for that risk
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortho View Post
Give him a list of links (with print screens) of 159 Ti's that you can find in the UK for higher and tell him that if he can find you a 159 Ti in as good a condition as yours to buy it for you.
Also was yours a UK car originally or Irish from new.
Uk 159's seem to be prone to rotten front sub-frames, so if yours was Irish Id be demanding a higher price to compensate for that risk
Just remember you are not supposed to loose out or gain. You must be able to replace your car with as close a match as possible, if the value they are offering will not do this then do not accept.
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
the first offer is always a starting point for negotiation, expect a final offer with another 10-20% on top depending on current market values..

last year my GT was written off in my work car park...37k on the clock, mint condition 05 plate JTS,I was offered £3800 initially. I of course declined. After much searching on auto trader, gumtree and ebay the closest I could find was for a car with 70k on the clock at the price they offered. the mileage discrepancy was a strong bargaining point and I eventually ended up with £4500.

its worth mentioning things like geographical location of the vehicle as it would cost you just to see it, in my case I live not far from London and everything is more expensive here, the car you are looking to buy should be ''within a reasonable distance'' of where you live , if not the offer should reflect the cost in time and money it will take to purchase the vehicle.

it's not a nice position to be in but take it as an opportunity to indulge in some car shopping, if you do this right you may even end up slightly ahead..

good luck!

It's Busso time ..
(Post Link) post #10 of 12 Old 28-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Got it up to Ä8.5k in the end. Satisfied enough with that. Around 20% higher than the initial offer. Now to source a new car!

County: Cork
Garage
Result Good luck with the replacement search.
AO Member

County: Westmeath

Member car:

159 ti

It may be too late for you but I've put my red 159 Ti up for sale after almost 5 years of ownership.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...s-nct/12719469

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
159 , 2008

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page