TB and WP replacement for 159 2.4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

1Likes
  • 1 Post By casesensitive

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Garage

Member car:

'09 159 2.4 TI

TB and WP replacement for 159 2.4

I finally got my local Alfa dealer (Agnelli Fiat D12) to quote me for a timing belt, water pump replacement, and I'm in shock just a bit.
2009 2.4 TI, parts and labour €770

My initial feeling is that that's a nutty price, but I've always owned wee Fords before and they cost half that. Plus I mostly used Indy garages before.
So, is that about right or is my feeling on the money?

I had tried to get a price out of one of the more recommended places (TI Autos) but they were initially on holidays, and the second time no one picked up the phone or answered the email, so I ran away worried.

I'd like to continue with the official stamp collection in my service book with one eye on selling it whenever, but a service is going to cost over a grand by the looks, and that's only if they don't find anything else wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 4 Old 26-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Garage

Member car:

'09 159 2.4 TI

Ok, I got through to TI Autos there, ~€500 all in, its further away and it won't have the same stamp, but there's a few bits to do and I reckon I might actually be able to afford the bill from those boys.
Mufasa likes this.

County: Cork
Garage
I wouldn't worry too much about a stamp in the book on a car well out of warranty, some prospective buyers might even prefer to see a stamp from Ti Autos Good luck with the work & hopefully it won't be too expensive.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by casesensitive View Post
Ok, I got through to TI Autos there, ~€500 all in, its further away and it won't have the same stamp, but there's a few bits to do and I reckon I might actually be able to afford the bill from those boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about a stamp in the book on a car well out of warranty, some prospective buyers might even prefer to see a stamp from Ti Autos Good luck with the work & hopefully it won't be too expensive.
Totally agree with David on this.... I'm a Ti customer since 2008 & couldn't recommend them enough. Having the Ti Autos service history has been a huge advantage when selling my previous Alfas.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
159 , replacement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page