AO Republic Of Ireland - Killarney To The Healy Pass : 13th Sept - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

AO Republic Of Ireland - Killarney To The Healy Pass : 13th Sept
Calendar: Event Calendar
David P  
13-09-15
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Time for the next Moll's Gap & Healy Pass meet.

Meet up in the Tesco car park in Killarney at 12:30pm * for a chat & maybe a quick bite to eat before departing sometime between 1:00 & 1:30

From Killarney we head for Moll's Gap stopping at Ladies View (there's a café there http://www.ladiesview.com/ ) & again at the Gap itself for a few pics.

Then we head for Kenmare where depending what people want we can stop or head straight onto the start of the Healy Pass where there's a lay-by at Lauragh where we can again stop for a few mins before starting up the Pass.

Once we get down to the end of the Pass we'll stop at the school just before Adrigole where we can head home from there or head to Glengarriff for a bite to eat if that's what people want.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route including sat nav co-ordinates of the meeting point.

Here's a few pics from last year's meet https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...pt-2014-a.html

The Killarney meet has always a good day out so hopefully we'll see a few familiar faces as well as some new faces attending, also if anyone has any suggestions for the day speak up. As ever all are welcome so come along & get your RSVPs in.

So that's Sunday 13th September at 12:30pm * in Tesco car park Killarney on the east side of the town (sat nav co-ordinates 52.062861, -9.494323 off the R876)

* time subject to change depending on the Cannonball timetable.

Also for those interested the Cannonball is in Killarney the same weekend, they will be leaving Killarney on the Sunday morning so if anyone want to see some interesting cars including plenty of Italian supercars before meeting up later for the meet it's well worth checking it out.
More info here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...r-11-13-a.html

I've just seen the updated info for the Cannoball, there are staying at the Malton Hotel in Killarney town centre & they are scheduled at the start line at 11am on Sunday morning, not sure how on schedule they'll stay though going by past events

So taking that into consideration & to allow us some extra time if they are running late I'll change the meeting time in Tesco to 12:30 with departure sometime between 1:00 & 1:30

AO Republic Of Ireland - Killarney To The Healy Pass : 13th Sept
Calendar: Event Calendar
David P  
13-09-15
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Time for the next Moll's Gap & Healy Pass meet.

Meet up in the Tesco car park in Killarney at 12:30pm * for a chat & maybe a quick bite to eat before departing sometime between 1:00 & 1:30

From Killarney we head for Moll's Gap stopping at Ladies View (there's a café there http://www.ladiesview.com/ ) & again at the Gap itself for a few pics.

Then we head for Kenmare where depending what people want we can stop or head straight onto the start of the Healy Pass where there's a lay-by at Lauragh where we can again stop for a few mins before starting up the Pass.

Once we get down to the end of the Pass we'll stop at the school just before Adrigole where we can head home from there or head to Glengarriff for a bite to eat if that's what people want.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route including sat nav co-ordinates of the meeting point.

Here's a few pics from last year's meet https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...pt-2014-a.html

The Killarney meet has always a good day out so hopefully we'll see a few familiar faces as well as some new faces attending, also if anyone has any suggestions for the day speak up. As ever all are welcome so come along & get your RSVPs in.

So that's Sunday 13th September at 12:30pm * in Tesco car park Killarney on the east side of the town (sat nav co-ordinates 52.062861, -9.494323 off the R876)

* time subject to change depending on the Cannonball timetable.

Also for those interested the Cannonball is in Killarney the same weekend, they will be leaving Killarney on the Sunday morning so if anyone want to see some interesting cars including plenty of Italian supercars before meeting up later for the meet it's well worth checking it out.
More info here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...r-11-13-a.html

I've just seen the updated info for the Cannoball, there are staying at the Malton Hotel in Killarney town centre & they are scheduled at the start line at 11am on Sunday morning, not sure how on schedule they'll stay though going by past events

So taking that into consideration & to allow us some extra time if they are running late I'll change the meeting time in Tesco to 12:30 with departure sometime between 1:00 & 1:30

4Likes

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 29 Old 12-08-15 Thread Starter

County: Cork
Garage
So that's Sunday 13th September at 12:30pm in Tesco Car park on the east side of Killarney.

Get your RSVPs submitted if you are planning on attending so you'll get a reminder for the event as well as a notification of any last minute changes.

Last edited by David P; 11-09-15 at 19:09.
(Post Link) post #3 of 29 Old 21-08-15 Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone else planning on making the trip to Killarney on the 13th ?
(Post Link) post #4 of 29 Old 04-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage

Last edited by David P; 08-09-15 at 08:16.
(Post Link) post #5 of 29 Old 09-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
Anymore heading to Killarney for the meet & the Cannonball, a great selection of cars again this year Accepted Cars 2015
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Dunno.
AO Member

Member car:

mg zt

Whats the weather prediction for sunday Dave?
(Post Link) post #8 of 29 Old 11-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
At the moment the forecast for Sunday is cloudy with showers.
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
At the moment the forecast for Sunday is cloudy with showers.
Its Ireland....theres chances of that happening every day of the week.

I should be on time for this one, I'm staying in Abbeyfeale the night before because I really don't fancy driving for about 9 hours on sunday
(Post Link) post #10 of 29 Old 12-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
You're not wrong Pity though especially as last weekend was so nice but we've been very lucky with the weather for all the meets I've organised over the last few years so I suppose it was only a matter of time before the sun went on strike.

Promises, promises I'm heading down early anyway to see the Cannonball cars first

Is everyone else who has RSVPd YES still heading for Killarney & what about the MAYBEs ? It'd be helpful to know who will be there so that we can leave Killarney once we know everyone is there.
Scortho likes this.

Last edited by David P; 12-09-15 at 00:35.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Have a good drive and natter lads. My MIL passed suddenly so I'm tied up.
(Post Link) post #12 of 29 Old 12-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
Sorry to hear that Paddy, my condolences. Hopefully we'll see you at the next one.
Paddy OPlastic likes this.
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Sorry to hear Paddy, condolences.

On less important news, just had the most unproductive morning in a long time - tried to get the wheel alignment reset and they couldn't do it as the joint in the t/h upper wishbone has developed a bit of play, took the variator actuators out in order to clean them only to realize I was out of white spirit, and finally washed the car only for the rain to appear 5 minutes later

But I'll see you tomorrow!
Paddy OPlastic likes this.
(Post Link) post #14 of 29 Old 12-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
All that's a bit annoying alright, see you tomorrow

Car washed here most of yesterday by the rain & again today at least a few times so far

Camera battery charged.

If anyone wants any AO flyers I'll have some with me tomorrow.
AO Member

County: Limerick

Member car:

'98 156 V6

I wont be there as helping my GF move has dragged into day 2. Women have so much stuff...Saw the cannonball today though. Well worth a look. Some serious noise makers there.
AO Member

Member car:

mg zt

Se U tomorrow lads, shoud be about 9.30 in Killarney. Hope weather will be fine
(Post Link) post #17 of 29 Old 13-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
If anyone else other than Scortho, H3llR4iser or Rodi is heading down for the meet please post up so we know to wait for ye at Tesco.

See ye later

Pic thread started here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...pt-2015-a.html
AO Member

Member car:

mg zt

Are we still going?
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi_ View Post
Are we still going?
Well I'm in the wrong Tesco in killarrney. I'll be in the other one in a few mins.
AO Member

Member car:

mg zt

Im in deere park tesco i think
(Post Link) post #21 of 29 Old 13-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
I'm in Tesco Deerpark now parked just inside the entrance on the right. It's the Tesco on the east side of the town with the petrol station beside Aldi
(Post Link) post #22 of 29 Old 13-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
We are in Costa now behind the Tesco if anyone else is looking for us.
(Post Link) post #23 of 29 Old 13-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
I hope everyone enjoyed today despite the "changeable" weather which wasn't actually too bad considering, I had a great day at the Cannonball in the morning & at the meet after
Thanks everyone who was able to make it today, I hope you all make it home safe & I look forward to the next one

I've all my pics posted here now https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets...pt-2015-a.html

I'll start a new thread for the Cannonball pics later when I've them sorted out & uploaded.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

I'm just in the door....Christ what a day of driving.

Ended up turning around on the r585 and going on the r484 to macroom because there was some Muppet in Audi estate driving very very slow
Instead I had the road to macroom to myself and that's a fun road at 60 mph.
(Post Link) post #25 of 29 Old 13-09-15 Thread Starter

Garage
You don't have much luck with Sunday drivers do you

Some of that road is nice alright

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
13th , healy , ireland , killarney , pass , republic , sept

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page