T.I. Autos Track Day 2015 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

2Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 27 Old 05-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

146 1.4

T.I. Autos Track Day 2015

We have booked the 8th of May for our annual track day in Mondello Park and would like you to join us along with the Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Ireland. Our aim is to make this years event the best yet whilst retaining the relaxed atmosphere of previous years as well as speeding up the sign on process and making every ones time on and off track as enjoyable as possible. Due to an over demand for spaces priority will be given to T.I. customers and members of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Ireland.

The price of the track day is 110 including lunch. We ask that everyone pays in full before the day. Everyone is invited to spectate on the day and lunch is available for 10.If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please email us @ [email protected] for payment details
Davetech74 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 27 Old 26-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Great to see a good few people already fully paid up for this day.
This year will see a few changes so that the event runs as smoothly as possible, don't forget everyone is welcome to come along for a look!
AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

Count me in, I will drop the deposit in to you whenever I finally get the car started....!!

County: Limerick

Member car:

156 1.6 TS Ti

Need to get 2 helmets , one for the wife and the other for mysel for this track day, any ideas where to get them cheap? Don't want to spend too much as I don't know if we are ever going to do it again ( 2 track day virgins we are).

Any ideas welcome!
AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

In previous years there were loaner helmets there that people shared. They had very stylish hair nets available too....!
AO Member

Won't be tracking the 166 again this year, as it's my daily and with the money I spent on her just can't risk it.

Would love to come along again though , popped down last year but sat in the stands with my little fella (He's cars mad) like me! Do you reckon it would be ok to bring the car into the paddock if we weren't going on the track just to line it up with the others?
(Post Link) post #7 of 27 Old 05-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Sorry for the delay in replying lads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
Count me in, I will drop the deposit in to you whenever I finally get the car started....!!
No problem at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaJunkie View Post
Need to get 2 helmets , one for the wife and the other for mysel for this track day, any ideas where to get them cheap? Don't want to spend too much as I don't know if we are ever going to do it again ( 2 track day virgins we are).
Any ideas welcome!
There' usually a good few helmets been shared around on the day but if you want your own basic ones can be got in Murray Motorsport for about 70. Are you wanting to drive yourself or just as a passenger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishcrx View Post
Won't be tracking the 166 again this year, as it's my daily and with the money I spent on her just can't risk it.
Would love to come along again though , popped down last year but sat in the stands with my little fella (He's cars mad) like me! Do you reckon it would be ok to bring the car into the paddock if we weren't going on the track just to line it up with the others?
That's no problem at all, we want to see plenty of Alfas out for the day regardless if they're out on track or not. You can sign on as a passenger free of charge too!
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
Is there any discounts etc to be found for a ferry from UK?

When I looked ago prices were quite prohibitive.
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow

Member car:

Giulia TI

I should have an interesting enough machine ready to go at that stage Peter. I would like to be involved if there is a space. Any idea about track day insurance or is it even provided over here?
(Post Link) post #10 of 27 Old 11-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

As I said before everyone is welcome to come along and join us in Mondello for the day however if anyone is interested in driving on track and is not T.I. customer or a member of the A.R.O.C please email me @[email protected] Close to 20 spots are already filled and we are giving priority to customers and A.R.O.C members. Great to see such an interest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE View Post
Is there any discounts etc to be found for a ferry from UK?
When I looked ago prices were quite prohibitive.
Not too sure to be honest we have one customer who comes over from the uk each year for this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_lezerby View Post
I should have an interesting enough machine ready to go at that stage Peter. I would like to be involved if there is a space. Any idea about track day insurance or is it even provided over here?
Hows things!
Assuming its an Alfa we should be able to provide a space, email me @[email protected]
(Post Link) post #11 of 27 Old 24-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Nearly all spaces are now booked for this years track day. Looks like we'll have a great dejection of Alfas as per usual!
As this is largely a social day there's always plenty of people who come along just to spectate so feel free to join us on the day
(Post Link) post #12 of 27 Old 13-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

This is getting close now, who from here is coming along?
(Post Link) post #13 of 27 Old 13-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

We are now counting down the days until our track day on May 8th and hope that you will be able to join us for another great day. We're asking for all payments to be made in advance, this can be done online or in the garage. This will speed up the sign on process and allow the day to run more smoothly and give more track time to all drivers.

Details for the Day
People driving on track need to be at Mondello between 12.30 and 1 o'clock. All drivers must sign on and attend the drivers briefing. Drivers will need to have their driving licence and if possible a helmet. Lunch will be provided from 2 o'clock onward.

All are welcome to come along and spectate on the day and see what will be a great display of Alfa Romeo's. If any spectator wants lunch we ask for a €10 contribution on the day.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate in asking us

Last edited by peadar; 13-04-15 at 21:38.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Peadar , not sure what Ill be in on the day but it probably wont be an Alfa , its for sale at the moment , but I know I can be there as a spectator . If I need food ( which is likely ) its ok to pay on the day or do you want the money up front I can send you the money in the post ?

Dermo
(Post Link) post #15 of 27 Old 13-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Peadar , not sure what Ill be in on the day but it probably wont be an Alfa , its for sale at the moment , but I know I can be there as a spectator . If I need food ( which is likely ) its ok to pay on the day or do you want the money up front I can send you the money in the post ?
Dermo
No problem Dermo, I might have a lovely 145 I could sell you there shortly Its ok to pay for the lunch at any point during the day.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Oh man don't do that to me please I cant keep buying Alfa's !! Ill buy it if you store it for a number of years !!

Thanks for the reply Peadar . hope to see you on the 8th .. Might bring my Punttogetinto and "hide" it !!
(Post Link) post #17 of 27 Old 13-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
Oh man don't do that to me please I cant keep buying Alfa's !! Ill buy it if you store it for a number of years !!
Thanks for the reply Peadar . hope to see you on the 8th .. Might bring my Punttogetinto and "hide" it !!
hide it next to my Fiestalfa haha
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Just booked with Gerry there Peter.
(Post Link) post #19 of 27 Old 24-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCOVICH View Post
Just booked with Gerry there Peter.
Great to hear.
Anyone else coming along for a look?
AO Member

I'll be bringing the 166 along and venturing out onto the track this time

Any know if there are helmets available at Mondello on the day?

Is there a plan to meet somewhere in advance and drive down in convoy?

V.
(Post Link) post #21 of 27 Old 06-05-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

We hope you are all ready for our track day in Mondello this Friday. Remember everyone is welcome to come along and spectate

Just a few reminders before the day.
  • All drivers must bring their licence and a helmet
  • Drivers are required to be at the track between 12.30 and 1 o'clock.
  • Passengers must also sign on
  • Make sure to check all of your oil, coolant, brake fluid levels and tyre pressures before the day.
  • Track time will be divided into sessions throughout the day for two groups-This will limit numbers on track, making track time more enjoyable and safer

On track manners
  • If a car appears in your mirrors, it is faster and should be let passed. Choose somewhere that you can let it past safely. This should be a clear section between corners. Indicate and move to the right to allow them overtake.
  • Faster cars should be patient with slower cars. Give them room to pull over at an appropriate opportunity. Do not tailgate.
  • Do not overtake in the corners. Do not attempt to out brake another car into a corner. Always wait for an appropriate time to pass on a clear section between corners.

As usual we will be meeting at Avoca on the Naas Road @11.15. We will then travel from here to Mondello in convoy.
If you have any questions before Friday feel free to ask.
AO Member

I'll be at the Avoca tomorrow, for the convoy to Mondello. No GTV key code acting up again finally relented and sent off control module to be decoded. See you all there. in the Spider.
AO Member

Hope to be at the Avoca to join the convoy. Forecast looks like rain tomorrow. Could make the track very interesting!
(Post Link) post #24 of 27 Old 07-05-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonrod View Post
I'll be at the Avoca tomorrow, for the convoy to Mondello. No GTV key code acting up again finally relented and sent off control module to be decoded. See you all there. in the Spider.
See you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Hope to be at the Avoca to join the convoy. Forecast looks like rain tomorrow. Could make the track very interesting!
Don't mention the forecast, the 155s slicks wont agree! See you tomorrow
AO Member

County: Meath
I'll be at Avoca as well with the Spider (thanks to the efforts of Gerry & Dave in getting the clutch sorted). So if you see a guy standing on his lonesome don't be afraid to say hello.
Also if anyone has a spare help they could loan me it would be greatly appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
2015 , autos , day , track

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page