The Republic Of Ireland Owners Register & Introduction Thread - Page 14 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

 197Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Status: Gormless [email protected]*
AO Gold Member
 
Paddy OPlastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 8,255

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiejazz View Post
Hi guys. Am thinking of buying an OBD scanner. Any recommendations for my 159 Ti. Thanks
If you have a laptop then you want Multiecuscan rather than a generic OBD scanner for your Alfa.
Paddy OPlastic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
Newbie
 
GMisano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
County: Louth
Posts: 9
Garage
Misano to Vulcano

After a great year and not a single problem over 23,000 km with my 2018 Giulietta Misano (and with a few preconceptions totally ditched) ...I'm bitten by the Italian car bug (just like my old man with countless 128s, 131s, a blue Lancia Beta 1600, a Red Alfa Sprint, a 1982 white Lancia Delta 1.5 (registration 4 SZL..... which we thought meant For Sizzle cos it was a cracker). Giulietta has now made way for

2019 Giulia SS Petrol 200 Vulcano Black

A week in......simply brilliant.....

Some pics attached.

Sad more of these magnificent cars don't find homes.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190508_190038.jpg (202.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20190508_190203.jpg (178.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20190508_190355.jpg (156.6 KB, 9 views)
David P, mick164, bluefoam and 3 others like this.

Last edited by GMisano; 15-05-19 at 22:34. Reason: Spellin mistake
GMisano is offline  
(Post Link) post #328 of 352 Old 15-05-19 Thread Starter
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,015
Garage
That looks great Congrats & well wear
GMisano likes this.
David P is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,786
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMisano View Post
After a great year and not a single problem over 23,000 km with my 2018 Giulietta Misano (and with a few preconceptions totally ditched) ...I'm bitten by the Italian car bug (just like my old man with countless 128s, 131s, a blue Lancia Beta 1600, a Red Alfa Sprint, a 1982 white Lancia Delta 1.5 (registration 4 SZL..... which we thought meant For Sizzle cos it was a cracker). Giulietta has now made way for

2019 Giulia SS Petrol 200 Vulcano Black

A week in......simply brilliant.....

Some pics attached.

Sad more of these magnificent cars don't find homes.....
Do you have to edit your username now?
Gorgeous car-delighted your Alfa experience is positive
GMisano likes this.
Mufasa is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Kieran@gmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
County: Down-
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMisano View Post
After a great year and not a single problem over 23,000 km with my 2018 Giulietta Misano (and with a few preconceptions totally ditched) ...I'm bitten by the Italian car bug (just like my old man with countless 128s, 131s, a blue Lancia Beta 1600, a Red Alfa Sprint, a 1982 white Lancia Delta 1.5 (registration 4 SZL..... which we thought meant For Sizzle cos it was a cracker). Giulietta has now made way for

2019 Giulia SS Petrol 200 Vulcano Black

A week in......simply brilliant.....

Some pics attached.

Sad more of these magnificent cars don't find homes.....
Nice !!!!
GMisano likes this.
[email protected] is offline  
Status: Hungry
AO Member
 
bluefoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 647

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

Bluefoam _ Giulietta Veloce _ 1.4 TB _ 2010 _ Black _ Dublin
David P, Mufasa and Paddy OPlastic like this.
bluefoam is offline  
(Post Link) post #332 of 352 Old 27-05-19 Thread Starter
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,015
Garage
Welcome back to Alfa ownership, congrats & well wear
bluefoam likes this.
David P is offline  
Status: Hungry
AO Member
 
bluefoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 647

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Welcome back to Alfa ownership, congrats & well wear
David, you must be Alfa obsessed... I'm pretty sure you were fairly active the last time I was in an Alfa almost 10 years ago...
Mufasa likes this.
bluefoam is offline  
(Post Link) post #334 of 352 Old 28-05-19 Thread Starter
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,015
Garage
Guilty as charged

I think you had a blue 1.8 159 back then ?
Mufasa likes this.
David P is offline  
Status: Gormless [email protected]*
AO Gold Member
 
Paddy OPlastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 8,255

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefoam View Post
David, you must be Alfa obsessed... I'm pretty sure you were fairly active the last time I was in an Alfa almost 10 years ago...
Therein lies the sad, ongoing tale of Alfa infatuation. It all started with the first 147. On that fateful day David sat outside the dealership for hours in the rain anxiously waiting to glimpse his new Alfa being delivered by transporter. As it was unloaded and driven through the garage doors to be prepared, the water dripped down David's neck as he craned for the last look before it disappeared inside. He was occupied only by the rakish Italian lines of his new car. Repeatedly he tried to sneak into the workshop to ensure the preparation was to his impossibly high standards but, in the end, he was such a nuisance the garage owners called the Guards to have him removed. Although it wasn't obvious at the time this was a telling portent of things to come.

After taking delivery, David was often found washing, polishing and vacuuming. And when he wasn't cleaning it he was driving it. He would drive for hours on end with no particular destination only to come home and break out the sponges and microfibre cloths once again. It was slowly starting to become clear that David was spending more and more time with his new car but the first real worrisome development was when he moved his pillow and duvet and began to use it to sleep in. Soon afterwards his friends and family realised that he had cut himself off from all human interaction. Worried, some of them went to see him. They knocked on the driver side window which David lowered and looked puzzled to see faces. "Vroom!" he said. "Brum-brum-beep-beep-vrooom!" Alas poor David had forgotten human language and could only communicate in car-talk. Shocked, his visitors withdrew and discussed together what they should do. It was decided that they would all make an effort to regularly visit and try to communicate with David. It was hoped that the increased interaction would jolt him out of his car fantasy but, after a while, David stopped even opening the window and screeched tyre noises at them to make them go away.

It was about this time that the next chapter began on what was to become known as "the day of the ding". It happened in a supermarket car park for, although David had eschewed company, he still had to eat. It was almost Christmas and so the car park was almost full. This meant that David couldn't park his precious Alfa far away from the other more humdrum vehicles as usual and had to risk squeezing it between two unnecessarily large crossovers. This irked the young David as he went about his weekly shop so he tried to cheer himself up with a new sponge. Walking back to his car David noticed that the man in front was also headed that way, indeed to one of the cars next to his. Bang! He had opened the driver's door carelessly onto the Alfa. David ran up to see a small dent in the paintwork of his beloved car. Regrettably this was the second time the Guards had to intervene in what was described in the local paper as a vicious assault with a box of cornflakes.

Of course this couldn't continue so David found himself in a secure facility in the city where he received care and treatment for his condition far away from cars and cleaning products. After a few years, upon his release back into society, it was hoped that the car nonsense was all over and so it seemed for a short while. But then he bought another 147 and the strange behaviour started all over again.

So if you read a story in the paper about a man who bubble-wraps his car in car parks, admissions to hospital with unexplained exhaust pipe burn injuries, or the man who only speaks in car noises, spare a thought for young David who got bitten hard by the Alfa bug and hope that it never happens like that to you.
bluefoam and Kildare Alfa like this.
Paddy OPlastic is offline  
Status: Hungry
AO Member
 
bluefoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 647

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy OPlastic View Post
Therein lies the sad, ongoing tale of Alfa infatuation. It all started with the first 147. On that fateful day David sat outside the dealership for hours in the rain anxiously waiting to glimpse his new Alfa being delivered by transporter. As it was unloaded and driven through the garage doors to be prepared, the water dripped down David's neck as he craned for the last look before it disappeared inside. He was occupied only by the rakish Italian lines of his new car. Repeatedly he tried to sneak into the workshop to ensure the preparation was to his impossibly high standards but, in the end, he was such a nuisance the garage owners called the Guards to have him removed. Although it wasn't obvious at the time this was a telling portent of things to come.

After taking delivery, David was often found washing, polishing and vacuuming. And when he wasn't cleaning it he was driving it. He would drive for hours on end with no particular destination only to come home and break out the sponges and microfibre cloths once again. It was slowly starting to become clear that David was spending more and more time with his new car but the first real worrisome development was when he moved his pillow and duvet and began to use it to sleep in. Soon afterwards his friends and family realised that he had cut himself off from all human interaction. Worried, some of them went to see him. They knocked on the driver side window which David lowered and looked puzzled to see faces. "Vroom!" he said. "Brum-brum-beep-beep-vrooom!" Alas poor David had forgotten human language and could only communicate in car-talk. Shocked, his visitors withdrew and discussed together what they should do. It was decided that they would all make an effort to regularly visit and try to communicate with David. It was hoped that the increased interaction would jolt him out of his car fantasy but, after a while, David stopped even opening the window and screeched tyre noises at them to make them go away.

It was about this time that the next chapter began on what was to become known as "the day of the ding". It happened in a supermarket car park for, although David had eschewed company, he still had to eat. It was almost Christmas and so the car park was almost full. This meant that David couldn't park his precious Alfa far away from the other more humdrum vehicles as usual and had to risk squeezing it between two unnecessarily large crossovers. This irked the young David as he went about his weekly shop so he tried to cheer himself up with a new sponge. Walking back to his car David noticed that the man in front was also headed that way, indeed to one of the cars next to his. Bang! He had opened the driver's door carelessly onto the Alfa. David ran up to see a small dent in the paintwork of his beloved car. Regrettably this was the second time the Guards had to intervene in what was described in the local paper as a vicious assault with a box of cornflakes.

Of course this couldn't continue so David found himself in a secure facility in the city where he received care and treatment for his condition far away from cars and cleaning products. After a few years, upon his release back into society, it was hoped that the car nonsense was all over and so it seemed for a short while. But then he bought another 147 and the strange behaviour started all over again.

So if you read a story in the paper about a man who bubble-wraps his car in car parks, admissions to hospital with unexplained exhaust pipe burn injuries, or the man who only speaks in car noises, spare a thought for young David who got bitten hard by the Alfa bug and hope that it never happens like that to you.
Well, that explains allot...
bluefoam is offline  
Status: Hungry
AO Member
 
bluefoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 647

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Guilty as charged

I think you had a blue 1.8 159 back then ?
Almost... Silver 1.8 159. Was a great car.
bluefoam is offline  
(Post Link) post #338 of 352 Old 28-05-19 Thread Starter
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,015
Garage
2 out of 3 wasn't bad


That's a lot of words Paddy
Not all of them are accurate or required

* *
bluefoam and Mufasa like this.
David P is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,786
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Good man Paddy!
#thetruthhurtsdavid
In fairness to ya bhoy, you keep things lit on here
Mufasa is offline  
Status: Gormless [email protected]*
AO Gold Member
 
Paddy OPlastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 8,255

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
2 out of 3 wasn't bad


That's a lot of words Paddy
Not all of them are accurate or required

* *
Are you accusing me of fake news?






Paddy OPlastic is offline  
(Post Link) post #341 of 352 Old 29-05-19 Thread Starter
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,015
Garage
Never


Alternative Facts however ... :EVIL:


* *
Mufasa likes this.
David P is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
County: -
Posts: 5
Hi All,
I took receipt of my first Alfa today. 192 Guilia Veloce, misano blue. I ticked the Pieno Fiore upholstery box. I have to say I am smitten. In fairness to Agnelli they mad the day very special, had it all wrapped up in the middle of the showroom. They knew I was bringing my son Tom. He nearly burst when he saw the license plate. Very impressed so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0514.jpg (56.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0509.jpg (29.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0518.jpg (92.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0521.jpg (156.2 KB, 17 views)
David P and proinsias like this.
Donnyj is offline  
(Post Link) post #343 of 352 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,015
Garage
Welcome to Alfa ownership, congrats & well wear
That looks stunning, I think Misano Blue is the best choice for the Giulia & those alloys & the yellow calipers really compliment it
David P is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
GazM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin-
Posts: 18

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Thumbs Up

Congrats Donnyj - is that Portmarnock GC ?? I'll keep an eye out for you in North County Dublin - bets of luck with the car . Had mine two years now. Fantastic car. Still look forward to driving it every time i get in.
proinsias and Donnyj like this.
GazM is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
GMisano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
County: Louth
Posts: 9
Garage
Lovely machine donnyj, enjoy!!!
Donnyj likes this.
GMisano is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,786
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Great choice Donny - well wear!
Donnyj likes this.
Mufasa is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
County: -
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazM View Post
Congrats Donnyj - is that Portmarnock GC ?? I'll keep an eye out for you in North County Dublin - bets of luck with the car . Had mine two years now. Fantastic car. Still look forward to driving it every time i get in.
Yes it is, A good day around , pick up the car and a round of golf to follow.
I am very impressed so far. Feels very solid and well put together and handles extremely well.
Mufasa likes this.
Donnyj is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,786
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Mufasa is offline  
Status: Gormless [email protected]*
AO Gold Member
 
Paddy OPlastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 8,255

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD 2004

Someone has a problem.
Paddy OPlastic is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,786
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy OPlastic View Post
Someone has a problem.
How do you mean?

It was very cheap! The one proviso that it's kept in one piece not a breaker....
Mufasa is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
introduction , ireland , owners , register , republic , thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome