Giulietta MY2014, Irish launch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 70 Old 17-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Giulietta MY2014, Irish launch

I've been told that the Giulietta Model Year 2014 (i.e., "facelift") is finally being launched in Ireland in May, with dealers getting their hands on demonstrators then too.

Here's a summary of what's changed in MY2014:

New EURO5+ diesel engines: better emissions/consumption all round. New 2.0 150 bhp, 110g/km (band A3 - €190/yr)
EURO6 petrols: emissions improved. TCT MultiAir petrol now sneaks into Band A with 119g/km (band A4 - €200/yr) but I don't know if this model will be offered here.
Only small changes outside, but major changes to interior: new seat shape, better trim finishes, better sound insulation, different leather options (now with matching door trim), touch-screen radio in all models.

Prices and models? Ah, now... given the clam-like communication skills of Alfa Romeo Ireland, even getting a vague date was good going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Cork
Garage
Good news, when I asked locally a couple of weeks ago I was told a few months time.
As you say getting info let alone a price list from AR (FIAT) is a very tough job.

Looking forward to finally seeing it in the metal.
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Great work Kris-you've been waiting a while for this!!!
AO Member

County: Tipperary
And when is the 4c coming over to us?

Garage
Probably not until someone orders one

There's at least 1 4C LE on order for someone in NI though.
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post

I heard of Patterson that there will be a demo model.....

Garage
That'd mean AR Ireland making an exception to their "diesel Alfas only" registration rule

I guess time will tell.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post

Could be the chap selling the 166 F/L that was pretty much rebuilt (was looking 12K)....
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Giulietta MY2014, Irish launch

Why do Alfa Ireland make it so hard to buy new cars from them? I'm possibly looking at a new Giulietta but their website doesn't work properly so I can't enquire about one...

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

Garage
Are you accessing the website Alfa Romeo from a PC/laptop or a mobile/tablet ? It works fine from a PC/laptop but it seems there are issues with some mobile devices.

You could try ringing them on freephone 0080025320000 although from experience & depending on who you get to speak to the information given isn't always very accurate or helpful. Might be worth speaking to your local dealer also to see if they can help.

Edit : The used car section isn't working properly now, it was ok yesterday.

Last edited by David P; 26-04-14 at 09:05.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Doesn't really inspire confidence.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Going to go out to Agnelli today to see what's what. Having a look atctge new 3 though on the way

Garage
Happy Alfa hunting Gav
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

No petrols available at the moment and no clue on if they will be available on the facelift. They gave been told May or June for the facelift but have no idea on pricing or margins so couldn't even quote us.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
No petrols available at the moment and no clue on if they will be available on the facelift. They gave been told May or June for the facelift but have no idea on pricing or margins so couldn't even quote us.
And we wonder why so few models get sold in this country. How is someone who wants a gqv meant to test drive one if all they have is diseasal
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortho View Post
And we wonder why so few models get sold in this country. How is someone who wants a gqv meant to test drive one if all they have is diseasal
Well for me it doesn't really give me any option at the moment but to look elsewhere as we will be trading in the mx5 and we cant wait to hear back from Alfa in a few months because the market for an mx5 is very seasonal and any offers from the dealers that we get now will change in a few months.
As for finding out about finance options all the Alfa website basically says is that "we have a range of great packages" and thats it...no rates...no PCP details...Only for the fact that I went onto the Agnelli website could I find out about these deals which is better than the one offered by Mazda as it includes 5 years warranty and raodside assistance as well as 3 years free servicing,, they should be screaming these finance packages from the rooftops because everyone is buying their new cars this way these days.

Of the three VW and Mazda dealerships we have been to we have always been given a quote straight away for trade in, PCP monthly payments for a Golf and a 3, given coffees, test drives etc. At Alfa we were told, we don't know the prices, we don't know when we will get the cars in, cant give you a test drive (because we don't have any petrol Alfa) or how long it will take to get a car and therefore couldn't even get a quote for cost to change or PCP. This isn't a commentary on Agnelli whatsoever they were very nice, professional etc. it is a criticism of Alfa as the dealers have their hands tied and have done for quiet a few years.

Why is it that people are walking into Alfa showrooms wanting to do a deal and not walking awy from the showrooms with a deal?!?!

Like AO - RoI on Facebook AO - RoI Facebook Group

Subscribe to AO - RoI on YouTube AO RoI YouTube

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cogito ergo sumo Alfa
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

This is a major problem for alfa. Turning away their loyal customers won't pay dividends. Once they're gone, it'll be hard to get them back. Whatever about not having a demo car yet, at least if they could tell you the figures etc it wouldn't be so bad.
Surely it can't be too difficult for them to decide the feckin price
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

I couldn't even test a current model petrol.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Will they even be getting a petrol model in as a demo? The entire country has gone diesel mad
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortho View Post
Will they even be getting a petrol model in as a demo? The entire country has gone diesel mad
They don't even know if they'll sell petrol any more. But speaking to VW and Mazda the petrol sales are picking up because the efficiency has improved and people have finally done the maths and realised that they don't do the mileage to justify the premium paid for the diesel.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
They don't even know if they'll sell petrol any more. But speaking to VW and Mazda the petrol sales are picking up because the efficiency has improved and people have finally done the maths and realised that they don't do the mileage to justify the premium paid for the diesel.
About time eh Gav?
AO Member

County: Tipperary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
About time eh Gav?
+1 on that
(Post Link) post #23 of 70 Old 28-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

@Gav, I feel your pain. I had to go to London to test a TCT (okay, that wasn't why I went to London, but it was the only way I could try one).

I was told May for pricing, finance and cars. Out of interest, what sort of rate/deposit were you given for the PCP plan?

I can't see Alfa bringing in many Giulietta QVs except as a special order, it's just not a car you can sell in Ireland anymore. (Even petrol Golf GTIs aren't moving, and that's the most mainstream of all performance hatches).

As for VW, there are two reasons they are pushing their petrols: the diesels are lower margin, and they give more trouble after sale than the petrols.

There isn't a "diesel premium" anymore on some models - For a Focus, Ford charge only €500 extra for a diesel over the petrol (EcoBoost). Over a couple of years, that's easily made back.

But back to Alfa, I reckon the 1.4 MultiAir TCT will be offered, as it's got a 119g/km CO2 rating, but that'll be it for petrols. A shame, as the 120 bhp car is a lovely drive, and if it wasn't for being in Band C, it would have got some sales here.

It's not that people have gone diesel-mad, it's that they're obsessed with annual road tax, and diesel means low tax....

Seriously, I know of someone who paid an extra €1000 to get a €40/year lower annual road tax bill. If they keep the car 25 years, they'll break even... :/
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Using our 07 mx5 with just shy of 100k they gave us 7,500 with 3.9% APR. That's for a 1.2 TSI high line with the optional sports pack we negotiated by making up figures from another dealer and the repayments are 304 a month with 3 year warranty, 1 year tax and a full tank. They have a car ready for us they just need to tell us what colour the interior is (anything other than black looks horrible with the alcantara seats) and we will have a deal.

I am still gutted its not a Giulietta but because the dealer didn't know if they will be making patrols available we just couldn't wait.
(Post Link) post #25 of 70 Old 29-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
I am still gutted its not a Giulietta but because the dealer didn't know if they will be making patrols available we just couldn't wait.
The nearest Giulietta to that would have been the 1.4 TB 120, but I don't think they're going to bring that back into Ireland at all: it's a lovely drive, but people won't look past the Band C road tax (148g/km, €390/yr), even with a low sticker price - back in 2010, they priced this at €20,000, which was an absolute bargain, and still nobody bought them.

I'd even have my doubts about the manual MultiAir getting here, and that's in B2 (131g/km, €280/yr). The only petrol that could make it would be the 1.4 TCT at 119g/km (€200), but it's hardly "entry level".

I'd have thought €7.5k was about right for a MX-5, no? I've been told around 5.5k for my '07 147 (the car is immaculate and running like a watch, but as usual, it's the €500 a year road tax that's killing the value).

The only cars out there that interest me are the Giulietta and the Volvo V40, and while the Volvo is nicer inside, it's a lot more expensive, and just isn't as good on the road (engines aren't as good, and it has surprisingly poor ride quality compared the the Giulietta). Luckily I don't need to urgently replace the 147, so I'll wait to see what kind of pricing they come up with.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
giulietta , irish , launch , my2014

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page