Trading / swapping my 159 Ti 1.9 JTDm for a petrol Ti? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 31-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Trading / swapping my 159 Ti 1.9 JTDm for a petrol Ti?

Been thinking about this for a while. I have a mint 2008 159Ti with the 150bhp 16v JTDm engine. There's 145k km on the clock. Black with tan leather & all usual Ti extras inc 19" alloys. I bought it last year from a guy who originally brought it in from the Uk. The service book is stamped with all the main dealer services. I personally phoned the UK garages to confirm the service history.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that I'm doing very low mileage (about 8,000 km per year) and having the diesel doesn't really make any sense. As most of you will know though, for anybody doing decent mileage, the 1.9JTDm is a peach. It's just not the engine for me. I did try to get a petrol at the time, but it was impossible to get one in Ti spec.

So, I'm just putting this out there - would anybody have any interest in swapping their Ti petrol with my Ti diesel? We could work out the details based on inspection of both cars, but I'd be happy to consider either a straight swap or a trade with cash either way (depending on relative value of both cars). My ideal would car be a 1750 TBi in black, red or silver, but I seriously doubt anybody would want to part with theirs! I'm posting here because I'm only interested in dealing with somebody who's looked after their 159 properly. There's some real horror shows for sale out there. I could sell privately & bring a TBi in from the UK, but to be honest, I don't want the hassle (and there's no rush - I do love my 159... but I'd just prefer the petrol engine).

Mine has been checked & serviced by Gerry at Ti autos, so he'll have the details on file. I previously had my 166 serviced with Gerry for 6 years, so I mind my Alfas!

2010 159 ti Sportwagon 2.0 JTDm

Previous:
2008 159 ti Saloon 1.9 JTDm
2002 166 Sportivo 2.0 TS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

'05 350z

Good luck with the sale. I'm lucky enough to drive a 159 Ti on a regular basis, lovely machines.
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
Good luck with the sale. I'm lucky enough to drive a 159 Ti on a regular basis, lovely machines.
What ever happened the busso gt?
Or did you decide to go for a 350z instead?
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortho View Post
What ever happened the busso gt?
Or did you decide to go for a 350z instead?
If a decent busso v6 GT came up for sale here I'd be all over it. The 350z would have to go as no way could I manage both of them. I'm constantly keeping an eye out on the alfa market so we'll see.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 02-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
Thanks... yeah, the 159 Ti is a cracker alright. If I could just transplant the 1750 TBi engine into my own, I'd be a happy bunny. Maybe I will look at heading to the UK at some stage, but for now, I'll wait & see if someone here knows anyone who'd be interested in a swap / trade for mine.
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare
Garage

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Kildare alfa, you're on boards still?
Osi is looking to get a 159 16v jtdm that's in excellent nick but hasn't been able to find one.
Might be an idea dropping him a pm on there?
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 06-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortho View Post
Kildare alfa, you're on boards still?
Osi is looking to get a 159 16v jtdm that's in excellent nick but hasn't been able to find one.
Might be an idea dropping him a pm on there?
Thanks for that. Just sent him a PM, so we'll see what happens!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
159 , jtdm , petrol , swapping , trading

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page