155 bits - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 15-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 GTA & 155ish

155 bits

Guys,

I have a 1996 wide body 155 that developed a wiper issue last week. Turns out the linkage for the driver wiper wore itself out at one side. Wonder would anybody know where I could pick one up? You can see part of it in the picture and it goes all the way over to the pivot point for the driver wiper - about 18" in length I imagine. Failing that are the plastic sockets on them a standard fit? It looks like a lack of grease on the metal ball caused a bit too much wear and tear.

Thanks

Rory
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140107_210144 (1).jpg (106.7 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

146 1.4

155.org might be you best bet
mo4
AO Member

County: -
Might be cheaper to remove it and bring it up to a local engineering shop and get one made. It's just a bar with a hole in each end right?

Nice colour, Nordic blue is it?
AO Silver Member

County: Durham
Garage

Member car:

156 Gta Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo4 View Post
Might be cheaper to remove it and bring it up to a local engineering shop and get one made. It's just a bar with a hole in each end right?

Nice colour, Nordic blue is it?
The BEST colour
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22042010343.jpg (94.8 KB, 10 views)
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 19-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 GTA & 155ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsafc View Post
The BEST colour
e

these are my two babies. The GTA is Gabbiono Blue but I never knew the correct color of the 155. Did a post on 155.org as suggested in previous post and have linkage winging its way to me in the next couple of days. Torn by 155. It is 17 years old and suspension is perfect. It had sport suspension factory fitted and it is still very tight. Small suck on the exhaust but nothing major. Would prefer to store rather than sell but have real want to put GTA back on road. Both amazing cars. GTA should be heads up winner but the steering in the 155 is full of feedback - love it, GTA is f$%ks loads heavier. Friend of mine has a 33 1.7 which sounds like a Revolution is about to start.......he..he.. Alfas are like your wife. You know they are not like the latest model but the fact that you are still in love with them 20years on says it all....

:-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130427_145919.jpg (164.2 KB, 12 views)
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Great post Rory!
AO Silver Member

County: Durham
Garage

Member car:

156 Gta Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidius View Post
e

these are my two babies. The GTA is Gabbiono Blue but I never knew the correct color of the 155. Did a post on 155.org as suggested in previous post and have linkage winging its way to me in the next couple of days. Torn by 155. It is 17 years old and suspension is perfect. It had sport suspension factory fitted and it is still very tight. Small suck on the exhaust but nothing major. Would prefer to store rather than sell but have real want to put GTA back on road. Both amazing cars. GTA should be heads up winner but the steering in the 155 is full of feedback - love it, GTA is f$%ks loads heavier. Friend of mine has a 33 1.7 which sounds like a Revolution is about to start.......he..he.. Alfas are like your wife. You know they are not like the latest model but the fact that you are still in love with them 20years on says it all....

:-)
SNAP!! I had the exact same pair as you but unfortunately I let my 155 go last year (for £200!!)

GTA looks black but is actually very dark metallic blue called 'Cosmos Blue' and is a lovely colour when polished up

Last edited by dabsafc; 14-04-14 at 15:17.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 20-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 GTA & 155ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsafc View Post
SNAP!! I had the exact same pair as you but unfortunately I let my 155 go last year (for £200!!)

GTA looks black but is actually very dark metallic blue called 'Cosmos Blue' and is a lovely colour when polished up
Excellent. I had a Cosmos Blue Alfa before and preferred it to black as it had a lovely glitter in it. GTA has been with me a long time - had 3 baby seats in it at one stage, two in the back and one in the front for short trip to crèche.... Keeping both alfa's on the road is a taxing problem, specifically €2600 per year in road tax and the minimum period of time is 3 months.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
155 , bits

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page