GTV respray - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 14-08-13 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 337

Member car:

2.0 TS GTV

GTV respray

Hey guys,

Haven't been about for a while, but wanted to show you the before and after of the respray of my gtv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtv1.jpg (60.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg gtv2.jpg (86.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg carfix1.jpg (73.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg carfix2.jpg (113.0 KB, 30 views)
nouggatti is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,006
Garage
Welcome back, looks like a good job
David P is offline  
Jim33
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
That looks peachy, nice one!
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 44

Member car:

147

How much did you pay for that? I've got similar scratch and dent in my 147
calvinktsoi is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 15-08-13 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 337

Member car:

2.0 TS GTV

I paid 500 but it went through a guy my mechanic works with who only takes referrals from a few mechanics.

I'd quotes up to 1250

Bonnet is being done in a few weeks, now have to replace the badges, get the back of the exhaust done, replace the mirrors, and fix the aerial, then do the interior
nouggatti is offline  
Status: Hooked
AO Member
 
Philbass39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Staffordshire
Posts: 708
Looks great
Philbass39 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 44

Member car:

147

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouggatti View Post
I paid 500 but it went through a guy my mechanic works with who only takes referrals from a few mechanics.

I'd quotes up to 1250

Bonnet is being done in a few weeks, now have to replace the badges, get the back of the exhaust done, replace the mirrors, and fix the aerial, then do the interior

1250?! i could possibly buy another GTV for that money.. but anyways 500 is a great deal.. i'll try to get quote to fix mine
calvinktsoi is offline  
Status: D'ya know how much rage I have in me!?
AO Silver Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 4,623

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

The colour match seems spot on. Great work
Mysterio is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,786
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouggatti View Post
Hey guys,

Haven't been about for a while, but wanted to show you the before and after of the respray of my gtv
Thanks for popping in!

Looks great....
Mufasa is offline  
Status: Fixing/driving/fixin g/driving...
AO Member
 
Davetech74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 314
Garage
Looks well, I've had crazy quotes for the respray on my spider one that started at 2500 and went up... and there is no damage on mine other than door strikes and minor scrapes. If you could send my on who you got it through I might get a quote too thanks.
Davetech74 is offline  
Status: And on the eighth day God made Alfas..!
AO Gold Member
 
pendragonfalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Carlow
Posts: 6,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetech74 View Post
Looks well, I've had crazy quotes for the respray on my spider one that started at 2500 and went up... and there is no damage on mine other than door strikes and minor scrapes. If you could send my on who you got it through I might get a quote too thanks.
I got the Spider done for 800. Great job as well.
Let me know if you want the number of my sprayer.
pendragonfalls is offline  
Status: Fixing/driving/fixin g/driving...
AO Member
 
Davetech74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 314
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonfalls View Post
I got the Spider done for 800. Great job as well.
Let me know if you want the number of my sprayer.
Was it a full respray?

PM me his number anyway, always good to have another option.

Thanks.
Davetech74 is offline  
Status: Loving new 159
AO Member
 
sheener287's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 154
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetech74 View Post
Was it a full respray?

PM me his number anyway, always good to have another option.

Thanks.
Me too please

Need both quarter panels done, one has a few small bubbles starting to show and the other was a hit and run, Truck i think.
sheener287 is offline  
Status: And on the eighth day God made Alfas..!
AO Gold Member
 
pendragonfalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Carlow
Posts: 6,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetech74 View Post
Was it a full respray?

PM me his number anyway, always good to have another option.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheener287 View Post
Me too please

Need both quarter panels done, one has a few small bubbles starting to show and the other was a hit and run, Truck i think.
No secret, he's listed in Yellow Pages:
Noel Hutton Crash Repairs in Ballon (Co. Carlow) - Kilnock Ballon Co. Carlow | Car Repairs | goldenpages.ie

I had a lot of peeling lacquer.
He gave the whole car a blow over in Rosso, and re-lacquered the whole thing.
Also took out a good few "parking" dings from both doors.
I'm very pleased with the results.
pendragonfalls is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
gtv , respray

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome