HELP 156/147 rear hub needed TODAY!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Jim33

HELP 156/147 rear hub needed TODAY!!

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I'm in a bit of a jam!

I left the rear hub from my 156 into a local garage to get the stub axle bush pressed out and a new one pressed in and they made a complete arse of it. They have bent and smashed the ABS trigger ring and basically said F U, not our problem. Car is due for NCT tomorrow and I can't find a scrapper that is open near me.

if someone is breaking one or knows where I can get one I would gladly give a kidney, has to be today though!

my number is 0-8-7-2-0-2-5-1-8-5 fire me off a text and I'll call you back.

if anyone would like to know which garage it is PM me and I will gladly oblige.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

146 1.4

Hi Jim,
Gerry might be able to sort you out. Will let you know a bit later today
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Also, thanks for the 145 parts. If i end up selling any, i'll let you know
Jim33

You're grand Peader, once they get put to good use. I have the old one boshed for now. Stuck the trigger ring back together with superglue and seems to be holding for now so im good to go for nct, woo!

AO Member

County: Meath
Garage
Good luck this morning Jim.
Jim33

Not gonna happen Dave, you know the front wheel bearing the garage pressed in for me? It's fooked, wheel is wobbling round worse than with the old one.

I said to him It felt a bit notchy when I picked it up and the trigger ring on THAT bearing was kind of pushed out aswell. All I think of is he didn't use the press he has and just welled the thing in. Fooking amateur!!!

So no point going up for the test as the wheel bearing wil not be a visual, words cannot describe how angry I am with this absolute d1ckhead. I spent the whole day putting it all back together yesterday (and 2 hours trying to find a new rear hub, and then another hour patching the one he ballsed up back together) torqued everything up properly only for this to happen.

Out of three things I gave him to do he destroyed two of them he did mention he has been quiet lately, I guess I know why now.

I have been known to have a bit of a short fuse in the past, its somthing I have had to work very hard to restrain but I think, given the circumstances this chap will be getting the full wrath when he opens on Monday.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Christ Jim, sorry to hear your having all this trouble. Is it too late to rebook the NCT to another date? Good luck getting it sorted
AO Silver Member

County: Louth

Member car:

33 16v

Jesus I thought I was having a rough time of it....

Hope it levels out for you soon Jim.
Jim33

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
Christ Jim, sorry to hear your having all this trouble. Is it too late to rebook the NCT to another date? Good luck getting it sorted
When I tried to rebook I had to do it by first registration date, and the date I was putting in was the wrong date and after a few goes it locked me out, tried to call but they are closed weekends. Not sure what they'll charge me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post

What ails your fleet Frank? 33 is back and firing isn't it? The end is in sight now I think, I have the hub carrier back off again ready to beat the garage man with on Monday, so after he has healed and redone the bearing it should be sweet for the test. On the plus side I got it stripped off in 25minutes now I'm getting so well practised

Jim33

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
When I tried to rebook I had to do it by first registration date, and the date I was putting in was the wrong date and after a few goes it locked me out, tried to call but they are closed weekends. Not sure what they'll charge me now!

Quote:

What ails your fleet Frank? 33 is back and firing isn't it? The end is in sight now I think, I have the hub carrier back off again ready to beat the garage man with on Monday, so after he has healed and redone the bearing it should be sweet for the test. On the plus side I got it stripped off in 25minutes now I'm getting so well practised

AO Silver Member

County: Louth

Member car:

33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim33 View Post
What ails your fleet Frank?
Nothing at the moment but Ive had more than my fair share in the past!

Are you still roaming the streets or have you been caught for GBH?
AO Silver Member

County: Cork
That's pretty crappy.... did you get sorted now ? There is a scrappy near by with 2 156's if you're stuck for a rear hub... I can ask if you want?
Jim33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathal_H View Post
That's pretty crappy.... did you get sorted now ? There is a scrappy near by with 2 156's if you're stuck for a rear hub... I can ask if you want?
Hello there Stranger! How's it going Cathal? I managed to track one down in Ratoath not far from me was at it tonight but the lower bolt that holds the transverse arms is SEIZED so I'm going back for another crack at it tomorrow with a blowtorch and angle grinder if necessary!

Quote:
Nothing at the moment but Ive had more than my fair share in the past!

Are you still roaming the streets or have you been caught for GBH?
They haven't found the body yet Frank so should be good for a while front is now sorted and back together but the back hub ABS is acting up now so I guess my superglue fix has let go.

AO Silver Member

County: Cork
Hey Jim.. all good thanks.. Lots of heat will fix anything!

Hope it's going a bit better now...

Talk soon,
Cathal

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
hub , needed , rear , today

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page