156 SW rear suspension bushes. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Jim33

156 SW rear suspension bushes.

Car FAILED nct today on that and a list of other things. I am positively [email protected]@kin seething about this, so before I let loose and say somthing I'll regret does anyone know the best (cheapest) place to get these parts.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Cork
Garage
Give you local Alfa/Fiat garage a shout (they might be as cheap when you take delivery costs into account) or have a look here
Jim33

Thanks David, had a look through the fail sheet myself tonight (our lass took it to the test centre) and it isn't as bad as I thought.

couple of daft things I should have copped myself

hanbrake cable hanging down (now clipped back up)

rear seatbelt shackle missing (it was down the back of the seat from when I hoovered the car)

front wheel bearing gone (I over torqued it)

and finally the rear bushings, which is just s**t luck / wear and tear.

Apart from that it passed with flying colours including emissions which was a surprise tbh.

So in summary, I still love the car but its being a stroppy lady dog at the minute. All will come good I'm sure...

Garage
Did you manage to source the bushes ?

Hopefully it'll sail through the re-test once they're done & the bearing is sorted
Jim33

I have a couple of leads thanks to the good member's of this forum just going to have a root round Ebay with a cup of tea and a packet of hobnobs.

I'm thinking OEM replacement or polybush upgrade... price wise not much in it and I wonder if it will compliment or hinder the shocks and springs that are already on it. The tech lounge beckons!

Jim33

Might have to rethink the polybush idea, already dear and I still don't have all the bushes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (129.2 KB, 11 views)

AO Member

That's pricey alright ! Just on ferry on way back after picking up my eBay bought GT, good news it has a stamp and invoice for the cam belt 30k ago so don't have to worry about that for a year at least. I knew it needed an upper arm in front but looking at receipts an upper and opposing lower were done end last year so am thinking due o rattles its the other two. Anti toll bar bushes and links were done at same time and its had a new clutch and DMF. Also EGR valve in invoices and some other things. Just done two 150 mile journeys at an average of 50 + mpg and i didnt hang around! Down side it's a bit difficult to get into 6th, it's missing the rear tow eye flap. 146,0000 on clock, lots of spotted over stone chips, and washer jets are pathetic. Its blue which is Not my favourite colour for a GT and it has 16" wheels but the back leather interior is good, parrott kit fitted and new replacement Alpine cd player fitted, But at 1750 I think I've done ok !
Jim33

Ah congrats! I was keeping an eye on your thread in the 156 lounge, clutch an DMF are a major plus point IMO, wishbones can be done very cheaply if you a re handy with the spanners, especially the uppers. Likewise I wouldn't worry about the miles if its been looked after, and you can tell a diesel that hasn't been! Mines got 156k on it and pulls like a train.

I got my ENTIRE rear suspension plus a front wheel bearing kit for 198 including shipping via parcel motel. Doing the work myself I'm a very happy boy. It'll cost me a Saturday and a couple of grazed knuckles but at least then everything is done for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: here is a link from the people I got the parts from, good quality kit recomended by folk on here. https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/

Last edited by Jim33; 01-07-13 at 15:37. Reason: Linky

AO Member

Thank's Jim will check out the link. I guess a set of ramps would be useful to get. Yes she pull's very well & I like the way it's right through the rev range. Very pleased with the economy I did 330 miles at an average speed of 53 mph and @ 53 mpg ! now this is from the info centre and I know it will be a bit out though by all accounts not much. Half a tank left ! I really pushed it as hard as I dare with the knocking suspension through a 17 mile back road section too. She also had handbrake cable & disc recently and a set of discs. 6th gear is a bit awkward though...
AO Member

County: Meath
Garage
https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/ - nice one Jim, will be giving them a go for the rear bushes on the spider

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
156 , bushes , rear , suspension

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page