Classic Car Live 2013 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Classic Car Live 2013
Calendar: Event Calendar
peadar
AO Member

16-06-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
The Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Ireland have a space booked in this show at Mondello so everyone with a classic Alfa is welcome to display their car at what is always a great show.

Details are up on the facebook page lads. Hope to see plenty of cars on display!
Link to the facebook event...
https://www.facebook.com/events/541990619191553/

We will be meeting at 8.45am in the Avoca car park on the Naas road on Sunday morning. We will then leave at 9.10am and drive in convoy to Mondello to ensure we get enough space in the show.

Entry to the circuit is €10. There will be Historic car and motorbike racing on track throughout the day. Everyone is welcome to join the convoy and come to the show however only classic cars will be allowed to be displayed. We will have our 155 GTA on track during the day so for those of you who missed the track day you can now see, and hear it at full throttle(at last). See you all on Sunday morning!

1. Giuila Spider-Gerry
2. 1750 Gtv-
3. 155 GTA 3.2 V6-Dave
4. 146-Peadar

Classic Car Live 2013
Calendar: Event Calendar
peadar
AO Member

16-06-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
The Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Ireland have a space booked in this show at Mondello so everyone with a classic Alfa is welcome to display their car at what is always a great show.

Details are up on the facebook page lads. Hope to see plenty of cars on display!
Link to the facebook event...
https://www.facebook.com/events/541990619191553/

We will be meeting at 8.45am in the Avoca car park on the Naas road on Sunday morning. We will then leave at 9.10am and drive in convoy to Mondello to ensure we get enough space in the show.

Entry to the circuit is €10. There will be Historic car and motorbike racing on track throughout the day. Everyone is welcome to join the convoy and come to the show however only classic cars will be allowed to be displayed. We will have our 155 GTA on track during the day so for those of you who missed the track day you can now see, and hear it at full throttle(at last). See you all on Sunday morning!

1. Giuila Spider-Gerry
2. 1750 Gtv-
3. 155 GTA 3.2 V6-Dave
4. 146-Peadar

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Was brilliant a few years ago. What are their rules on the age of the car?
Jim33

I think they are fairly lax Gav, I went down in the 33 last year when I was using it as a daily with few weeks grime on it and the lad went to wave me through, I said no and parked in the regular car park as it was so dirty! Just chance your arm I'd say!

(Post Link) post #4 of 21 Old 06-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

146 1.4

I'll have more details on this on saturday. Going to be booking a stand and organising a convoy. The cut off is 83 but if cars are deemed to be within the spirit of the show they'll be let onto the club stand. Just like the 155 3.2V6 will be making an appearance

Last edited by David P; 11-06-13 at 09:07.
AO Member

County: Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by peadar View Post
I'll have more details on this on saturday. Going to be booking a stand and organising a convoy. The cut off is 83 but if cars are deemed to be within the spirit of the show they'll be let onto the club stand. Just like the 155 3.2V6 will be making an appearance
One of my favourite comments from the last year was from my son - as we were watching the St Patricks Day parade and all the classic cars were going past he asked, "Why is the Alfa not in the parade? "

There you go - the Gtv is officially a Modern Classic - so says my 5 year old!

Ned.
(Post Link) post #6 of 21 Old 11-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

All booked in and ready to go now! Lets hope the weather brightens back up in time! As much as i like driving in the wet I'm not sure how enjoyable trying to keep the 155 on track in the wet would be!
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
rain -> less cyclists
(Post Link) post #8 of 21 Old 11-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by klapanciusz View Post
rain -> less cyclists
Cycling in the rain is gas craic though! Nothing beats cycling by foolish dry people in cars syuck in traffic!
AO Member

Garage
Hi,
I'm planning to attend (haven't been before). I've been looking at the Mondello website, but I can't figure out what time the event opens for spectators. Does anybody know?

I thought this would be a good opportunity to take one last spin in my 166 before she goes to her new home with Paddy1982 (sniff, sniff).

Still,on the bright side, I should be driving my new '09 159 Lusso Sportwagon before the end of next week.
(Post Link) post #10 of 21 Old 14-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildare Alfa View Post
Hi,
I'm planning to attend (haven't been before). I've been looking at the Mondello website, but I can't figure out what time the event opens for spectators. Does anybody know?
I thought this would be a good opportunity to take one last spin in my 166 before she goes to her new home with Paddy1982 (sniff, sniff).
Still,on the bright side, I should be driving my new '09 159 Lusso Sportwagon before the end of next week.
There's no opening time as such. There'll be action on the track from 11 onwards. We'll be out in the 155 @12, drop over to the AO stand sure! Can join in on the convoy too if you want, sounds like there'll be a good group going.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
There's no opening time as such. There'll be action on the track from 11 onwards. We'll be out in the 155 @12, drop over to the AO stand sure! Can join in on the convoy too if you want, sounds like there'll be a good group going.
That's grand. Avoca car park is not too far away from me, so I probably will head over & meet up with the AO convoy. My 10 year old will be in his element. He's a mini Alfisti already.
J
AO Member

Member car:

145 & GT

I might be able to come along for a bit
Jim33

I'll be going just not in the 156, someone suggested today that I could put a bag over my head to hide my identity showing up in an old passat...

AO Member

My Gtv will will passing by tomorrow on its way back from the Bon Jovi concert ....... My wife got a corporate ticket late yesterday for it so she'll be heading up today in the Alfa - I get left at home with the diesel Megane.

I keep saying she doesn't appreciate the fact she's passing through Alfa parts and cars for sale territory but she's still insisting on going to the concert!

Hey Ho, I think I'll go on a parts and car hunting trip next weekend instead. How do I keep missing the various Alfa trips etc. though, did I offend the driving Gods?

Ned.
(Post Link) post #15 of 21 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

We're all ready to go for tomorrow. Hopefully see a good few cars at the show/convoy!
Cant wait to get the 155 back on track!
AO Member

County: Meath

Member car:

Mito,Montreal.

I hope to be there tomorrow but in a Renault 5 GT turbo ......

If the grub is as good as the last track day, I'll be over !

Garage
I hope the weather was better today in Mondello for the event than here where it's been raining all day
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
I hope the weather was better today in Mondello for the event than here where it's been raining all day
Met Éireann warns of heavy rain in south Munster - RTÉ News
(Post Link) post #19 of 21 Old 20-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Mondello Classic Live 2013 - YouTube
155 makes an appearance at about 4 minutes in.
Dave was driving at the time and the chap driving that porsche was blocking us for over a lap, leaving us no space on track until he eventually moved out of the way!
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Mondello Classic Live 2013 - YouTube
155 makes an appearance at about 4 minutes in.
Dave was driving at the time and the chap driving that porsche was blocking us for over a lap, leaving us no space on track until he eventually moved out of the way!
Good craic Peter!
A few lock ups-Dave's a bit wild isn't he?
(Post Link) post #21 of 21 Old 22-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Good craic Peter!
A few lock ups-Dave's a bit wild isn't he?
Haha ah we were pushing on, the lock up at dunlop was him using the handbrake hahaha. It does lock up easy though, i had two or three lock ups that day too in it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
2013 , car , classic , live

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page