Parts and jobs needing to be done - suggestions? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 25-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cork
Hmmm Parts and jobs needing to be done - suggestions?

Hi all,

The summers here and my job list is getting longer - there's a couple of jobs getting on my nerves. ( thanks to Alfa Andy for giving me a push to start getting things done again )

Drivers door check strap - any available locally? ( breakers etc. )

Drivers door inside handle - doesn't sit flush - I'm guessing the Bowden cable's a bit stretched - there's a good few threads on this in the gtv forum.

Both door windows need to have the auto drop update added so you don't have to open and close the window after you open it - parts listing on the Gtv forum.

Wiper arms - paintwork needing to be touched up

Numerous dings and one biggie on the passenger rear quarter panel - there was a recommendation of a dent doctor in cork in another post.

Paintwork - stone chips, lacquer going on the drivers mirror, a bit of "rust bubbling" just at the end of the trim of the window rubber at the top of the drivers door, rusty bits underneath - 400 euro for taking care of the paintwork and rusty bits.

Drivers mirror adjusts up/down but not left/right - I have a price from Alfa Andy for on in Proteo red any available here?

Alloys - need to be refurbed - there's been a couple of threads on this here so I have a few recommendations here.

Bonnet and boot badges need to be replaced - autolusso or similar I guess?

Rear light bar has a crack right in the middle - any available here?

Radiator support needs to be taken off and cleaned up, repainted and put back on - me some weekend.

Small oil leak at the joint between the engine and the gearbox - the recommendation from the Gtv forum is to leave it until the clutch needs to be done ( and put in the updated diff at the same time )

The middle box of the exhaust looks like its about to disintegrate ( but has looked that way since I bought her ) - I can pick these up in the uk - any locally?

But - since I bought her I did:

Replace the rear suspension completely and the front wishbones and seals at the top of the front suspension ( lee garage with me sourcing the parts )
Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, air pipes, brake hoses, etc. ( basically got lee garage to sort out under the bonnet )
Replaced the radiator
Replaced the boot struts with 156 bonnet struts - so that the boot opens by itself instead of closing by itself!
Replaced the wipers blades with modern ones.
Fitted a 10 cd changer radio of the same vintage as the car ( haven't tidied up the surround yet )

All things being equal I will have money in the Alfa fund again next month so - on any of the parts above does anyone have and recommendations in Ireland for breakers etc with GTV's?

Thoughts on getting the big ding done first (250 i think was the quote - panel would need a respray )or just get the misc chips etc done and a good polish job done for the 400 euro quote?

At least this thread might make me get things done - I'm thinking of booking her in for the paint job before the trip to the Vee this year and getting the alloys done before the festival of speed.

Cheers

Ned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Meath
Garage
Caldwells in meath (road from Kells to oldcastle Balinlaugh) are breaking a p2 Gtv. I know the front grille and badge are perfect, rear ones gone. Lots of bits still on there too, I am sure they will post. I think yhe rear lense looks good on that too but I wasn't really looking so didn't look too closely. Otherwise ebay was very reasonable for badges. I got the front badge for 20 delivered from car passion I think, Italian store. The spider badge was only a tenner.
Find a part.co.uk are pretty good too.
AO Member

County: Meath
Garage
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 06-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetech74 View Post
Cheers,

I've been too busy with work to do anything yet but I will follow up on that.

Ned.
AO Member

County: Limerick

Member car:

159 1.8 Turismo

Ebay the badges...much cheaper
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 06-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish147 View Post
Ebay the badges...much cheaper
The problem I find with ebay is all the "shiny bits" you see and suddenly decide you really really need!

Ned.
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedFlanders View Post
The problem I find with ebay is all the "shiny bits" you see and suddenly decide you really really need!

Ned.
I bought not one but two Alfasuds on Ebay UK.
Still have one...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
jobs , needing , parts , suggestions

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page