Full respray prices - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 23-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Garage
Full respray prices

I have just walked out of work on barrow street to find my GTV has been whalloped in the rear drivers quarter panel

I am just about to pay 600 euro approx to get it ready for the NCT and now this.

I am now Probably looking at a full respray as their were one or two spots i was going to get touched up but not now. I presume you can`t just touch up 3 or 4 different areas and expect to blend it all in? Any ideas on cost for respray as on gtv forum i see guys in the UK doing full resprays for £800 and I may just cut my losses now and sell as is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Garage
Ah darn it
Id give you a pint here.

I have no idea how much a respray would cost though so have nothing to offer but my sympathies.
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheener287 View Post
I have just walked out of work on barrow street to find my GTV has been whalloped in the rear drivers quarter panel

I am just about to pay 600 euro approx to get it ready for the NCT and now this.

I am now Probably looking at a full respray as their were one or two spots i was going to get touched up but not now. I presume you can`t just touch up 3 or 4 different areas and expect to blend it all in? Any ideas on cost for respray as on gtv forum i see guys in the UK doing full resprays for £800 and I may just cut my losses now and sell as is.
Sorry to hear, no CCTV at all around the place? I was looking into this lately as my 146 needs a whole lotta work, but 800 pound sounds nearly too cheap for a full respray when you think about the amount of work involved in a properly done respray.
AO Member

County: Meath
Garage
Got a rough quote for my spider two weeks ago and he reackoned 1200-1400, I was gob smacked... I was going to shop around anyway...

Sorry to hear about that, bloody shame people don't own up for their mistakes. Some people are born wan*ers.
(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 24-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetech74 View Post
Got a rough quote for my spider two weeks ago and he reackoned 1200-1400, I was gob smacked... I was going to shop around anyway...

Sorry to hear about that, bloody shame people don't own up for their mistakes. Some people are born wan*ers.
1200-1400 is alot money but if it's for a full re-spray removing all trim and bumpers its not too bad. I need to get a few quotes as I may not even need a full re-spray hopefully.
AO Member

Member car:

146 1.4TS

A full respray will not be cheap if you want it done right, bumpers, trim, doors, windows etc should removed that alone is a fair bit work.

I can personally recommend Clive in CPMD in Kinsealy. He's done work for me and my family a few times and the finish and attention to detail is impeccable. He also does a lot of resto work on classics so he knows his stuff inside out.

CP Motors -

Clives prices are very good, you might get it done cheaper but just remember a cheap job will be just that, cheap. You need to pay that little bit extra if you want quality.
AO Member

County: Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetech74 View Post
Got a rough quote for my spider two weeks ago and he reackoned 1200-1400
Sounds about what I was I would expect. It doesn't take long for time to add up.......
AO Member

Member car:

156 sw 1.8ts

just to add to this i work in a garage that deals with mostly classics and we also do body work and restorations if some one can pain a car for 800 euro it will be a very poor job as paint and materials will be about 250 euro so i expect that it will be a case on just painting over the bumps and ripples. a good job can easily take 30 to 40 man hours to get to a good finish even 1400 is on the cheap side for a good job depends on what finish you want and color of the car
(Post Link) post #9 of 14 Old 25-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Got a quote for 550 euro to do both quarter panels as the the other one as some dings and scraps
and also buff car to try and match colour of new paint with old.
Another 150 if i want the front bumper done as it too has a scrap. It`s the first garage i went into so its only a guide, thoughts?
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Where was that if you dont mind me asking?
(Post Link) post #11 of 14 Old 25-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
Where was that if you dont mind me asking?
Carsrepairs in Dublin 8, don't know them just liked the advertising sign along the canal.
AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

If Dublin 8 is handy to you try Allen's garage on James's st. I've used them for a variety of bodywork on various cars over the years and have always been pleased with the results and the prices.
AO Member

Member car:

156 sw 1.8ts

550 for 2 qtrs is good and the price for bumper is also about right for a good job with the other work is about what would be looking at paying for a quality job
(Post Link) post #14 of 14 Old 26-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
If Dublin 8 is handy to you try Allen's garage on James's st. I've used them for a variety of bodywork on various cars over the years and have always been pleased with the results and the prices.
Will drop in see what they say, thanks.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
full , prices , respray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page