GT vs Brera - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Westmeath
GT vs Brera

Hi all,

back on the site after an extended absence(sold GT, moved to London). I'm moving back to Ireland in June and will need to buy a car. For practical reasons it needs to be a diesel.

It would be great to get some opinions on whether to go for a GT or a Brera. My head (and wallet) says GT as my experience as a previous owner says they're bulletproof, but my heart says Brera.

Also if anyone is considering selling i'm as willing a buyer as you're likely to find at the moment!

Cheers,

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Giulia 2.0

I've had a diesel Blackline GT as well as a late model 2.0 diesel Brera and I like them both. The Brera is quite a bit heavier but is a class up in terms of build quality.

If you need to use the back seats, then the GT is the one to go for. In my opinion the GT is a 2+2 but the Brera is really only a 2 seater, the back is for show only.

According to Alfa, the Brera should get better mpg, but I don't find it to be the case but usually for people buying these cars it isn't a massive consideration.
AO Gold Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart1714 View Post
I've had a diesel Blackline GT as well as a late model 2.0 diesel Brera and I like them both. The Brera is quite a bit heavier but is a class up in terms of build quality.

If you need to use the back seats, then the GT is the one to go for. In my opinion the GT is a 2+2 but the Brera is really only a 2 seater, the back is for show only.

According to Alfa, the Brera should get better mpg, but I don't find it to be the case but usually for people buying these cars it isn't a massive consideration.
Pretty much what he said, but the 2.0 is few and far between and are expensive, will be slower too. there is the 2.4 option if mpg is not such an issue, try and aim for the 210 version (different turbo etc) if you can
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

There's a big saving to be made if you own a car in the UK and bring it back with you to Ireland... I don't know the details, and I do think you've got to have it for six months before you move back, but you get to avoid VRT, so it can make it practical to buy a really nice car.

Of the two, all things being equal, it'd be a Brera, I think. But only if it's a 2.0 diesel or 1750 petrol.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
brera

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page