Alfa itch again - Wanted 156 Sportwagon - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

Reply
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 36 Old 30-04-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Alfa itch again - Wanted 156 Sportwagon

A year and bit on from my first and last Alfa, I have the want on me again.

My bro just bought a 08' 159 Ti , a quick spin in it has me lusting over the brand again.

This time I'll do it right!!, I'm looking for a project car, something that needs a bit of work wishbones, belts etc etc.
I'll spend the next couple of months getting it road worthy and try to do everything bar the belts myself.
Budget is extremely limited, so if anyone has a Sportwagon going cheap please let me know.

Thanks
GavTS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,769
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavTS View Post
A year and bit on from my first and last Alfa, I have the want on me again.

My bro just bought a 08' 159 Ti , a quick spin in it has me lusting over the brand again.

This time I'll do it right!!, I'm looking for a project car, something that needs a bit of work wishbones, belts etc etc.
I'll spend the next couple of months getting it road worthy and try to do everything bar the belts myself.
Budget is extremely limited, so if anyone has a Sportwagon going cheap please let me know.

Thanks
This might be for you:

ALFA 156 SPORTWAGON For Sale in Dublin : €650 - DoneDeal.ie

Padz on here is selling a 1.8TS but it's a saloon - quite a bit cheaper than that might suit you...
Mufasa is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 36 Old 30-04-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
This might be for you:

ALFA 156 SPORTWAGON For Sale in Dublin : €650 - DoneDeal.ie

Padz on here is selling a 1.8TS but it's a saloon - quite a bit cheaper than that might suit you...
Thanks

Yeah, I rang and emailed that one donedeal but no answer.

Anymore details on Padz saloon??
GavTS is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 84,953
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavTS View Post
Anymore details on Padz saloon??
See below & good luck with the hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by padz156 View Post
Hey lads , does anyone want my 156 1.8 ? She needs some work ( camshaft sensor & starter motor mainly) but it would be an awful shame to scrap her as she has a 156 reg plate ! I would fix her but I have to fix my other 156 (timing belt slipped ! ) so if any of you want her , let me know before I scrap her at the weekend ! Thanks !
David P is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 36 Old 30-04-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Thanks David, I sent him a PM.

Just phoned that silver spotwagon on donedeal again.

Its been off the road for 1 year and it needs clutch, wishbones, belts, battery and a couple of tyres.

Hmm any ideas on how much a clutch would cost?
GavTS is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,769
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavTS View Post
Thanks David, I sent him a PM.

Just phoned that silver sportwagon on donedeal again.

Its been off the road for 1 year and it needs clutch, wishbones, belts, battery and a couple of tyres.

Hmm any ideas on how much a clutch would cost?
I think Gerry in Ti would budget around €700....
First figure in my head for the lot is €1500....
Mufasa is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 36 Old 01-05-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I think Gerry in Ti would budget around €700....
First figure in my head for the lot is €1500....
Yeah it maybe too far gone plus it was used as work van, commercial stickers down the sides etc so I'd say its had a hard enough life.



Next stop Padz 156. To be continued......................................... ..
GavTS is offline  
(Post Link) post #8 of 36 Old 03-05-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Not gonna go for a saloon.

I'll bide my time and wait for the right Sportwagon
GavTS is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 36 Old 07-05-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Does anyone know anything about this Sportwagon?

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 18ts Lusso Sportwagon For Sale For Sale in Meath from Rapido Corsa

Please PM if it is negative as I don't want to publicly abuse someones pride and joy.

Thanks
GavTS is offline  
Jim33
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavTS View Post
Does anyone know anything about this Sportwagon?

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 18ts Lusso Sportwagon For Sale For Sale in Meath from Rapido Corsa

Please PM if it is negative as I don't want to publicly abuse someones pride and joy.

Thanks
That looks a cracker for the money, did you get out to look at it in he end? If not I'm in Meath so if its close enough by I could give it the once over for you.
 
(Post Link) post #11 of 36 Old 14-05-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim33 View Post
That looks a cracker for the money, did you get out to look at it in he end? If not I'm in Meath so if its close enough by I could give it the once over for you.
No, I didn't have a minutes free time last weekend , I'm praying its still available this weekend.
Thanks for offer but my brother would hugely insulted if I didn't take him along for his opinion.

This is my bro's current steed.

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/attac...3&d=1368184423
GavTS is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,769
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavTS View Post
No, I didn't have a minutes free time last weekend , I'm praying its still available this weekend.
Thanks for offer but my brother would hugely insulted if I didn't take him along for his opinion.

This is my bro's current steed.

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/attac...3&d=1368184423
Need to be logged in to see that...
Mufasa is offline  
Status: 00 V 00
AO Silver Member
 
alfamj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 1,315

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Need to be logged in to see that...
Dark Blue 159 Ti Rory.
alfamj is offline  
Status: Less traction, more action :D :D :D
AO Member
 
Hoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 151
Sportwagon you say? I have a silver one, 1.8TS, needs an engine though....
Hoarder is offline  
Status: Still driving a Volvo :/
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Galway
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Does anyone know anything about this Sportwagon?

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 18ts Lusso Sportwagon For Sale For Sale in Meath from Rapido Corsa

Please PM if it is negative as I don't want to publicly abuse someones pride and joy.

Thanks
Id be curious why the engine temp is over the 88 degree mark....
bear1 is offline  
Jim33
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavTS View Post
No, I didn't have a minutes free time last weekend , I'm praying its still available this weekend.
Thanks for offer but my brother would hugely insulted if I didn't take him along for his opinion.

This is my bro's current steed.

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/attac...3&d=1368184423
Mmmm, good looking car that I can see why you'd be hankering yourself! get in there quick!

Edit: SOLD! Did you get it Gav?
 
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,769
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
Id be curious why the engine temp is over the 88 degree mark....
Kev,

My temp gauge goes over 90 when idling in traffic etc.
The 156 gauges are notorious for 'variations/inaccuracies.'

Rory
Mufasa is offline  
(Post Link) post #18 of 36 Old 20-05-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim33 View Post
Mmmm, good looking car that I can see why you'd be hankering yourself! get in there quick!

Edit: SOLD! Did you get it Gav?
No it wasn't me

There is a lot of talk about redundancies in my work, so I'll put the hunt on hold until I know where I stand with my job.
GavTS is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Fluffyduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 2,788

Member car:

33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavTS View Post
No it wasn't me

There is a lot of talk about redundancies in my work, so I'll put the hunt on hold until I know where I stand with my job.
That's tough... Hope things settle down soon.
Fluffyduff is offline  
Status: Still driving a Volvo :/
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Galway
Posts: 3,807
I hear ya.. 2 people got the chop on friday and the tension is getting to me. Although to be fair one of them couldn't do a good job if it was done for him
bear1 is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Fluffyduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 2,788

Member car:

33 16v

Ive been in the same boat for the last 2 years. Constant rumours and talk of lay-offs. Not a nice environment to work in.
Fluffyduff is offline  
(Post Link) post #22 of 36 Old 20-05-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
That's tough... Hope things settle down soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
I hear ya.. 2 people got the chop on friday and the tension is getting to me. Although to be fair one of them couldn't do a good job if it was done for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
Ive been in the same boat for the last 2 years. Constant rumours and talk of lay-offs. Not a nice environment to work in.
Yeah, I amazed how some peoples attitudes have changed, a lot finger pointing and backstabbing going on now. I guess people are just trying to justify their position in the company.

I'm not getting involved in any of it, this could be a blessing in disguise.

OH @ Fluffyduff. EPIC new car, I salute your commitment to Petrolheadom, 3 litres of V6 yummieness. Well wear!
GavTS is offline  
Status: I thought I've something more to say
AO Silver Member
 
klapanciusz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
County: Wicklow
Posts: 2,620
Get your master CV ready, get on linked in, follow major companies of your profession, etc. It's the easiest to find a job when you still have a job.
klapanciusz is offline  
(Post Link) post #24 of 36 Old 26-07-13 Thread Starter
Status: Back in Black
AO Member
 
GavTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 45

Member car:

146 1.4TS

Things have settled down on the job front, so the hunt is back on!!!!!!

Gonna consider a saloon model but the estate is still top of the list!
GavTS is offline  
Status: And on the eighth day God made Alfas..!
AO Gold Member
 
pendragonfalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Carlow
Posts: 6,693
pendragonfalls is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
156 , alfa , itch , sportwagon , wanted

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome