Alfa Zing... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 19 Old 09-04-13 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
azrielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 208
Alfa Zing...

"You do not buy an Alfa Romeo for practicality, for speed, fuel efficiency or for reliability. If you want those specifics you have ample amount of alternatives on the market to satisfy those needs. What you are doing when purchasing an Alfa Romeo is buying into a part of that magnificent history they hold, a history which stems back all the way to 1906.

You are giving the proverbial two fingers up to normality and choosing the mad and the quirky, and for that, no-one perhaps does that greater than Alfa Romeo..

It is something perhaps some people on this site might not agree with me on, but unless you own one and experience the Alfa “spark” or “zing” they all possess, you will never fully understand just how it makes you feel and for that alone here’s to many years of happy motoring".

Found this on web and think it aptly describes Alfa ownership......
Do you agree with sentiment?

"There is nothing enlightened about minimising Alfa ownership so that other people wont feel insecure around you!"
azrielle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,778
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrielle View Post
"You do not buy an Alfa Romeo for practicality, for speed, fuel efficiency or for reliability. If you want those specifics you have ample amount of alternatives on the market to satisfy those needs. What you are doing when purchasing an Alfa Romeo is buying into a part of that magnificent history they hold, a history which stems back all the way to 1906.

You are giving the proverbial two fingers up to normality and choosing the mad and the quirky, and for that, no-one perhaps does that greater than Alfa Romeo..

It is something perhaps some people on this site might not agree with me on, but unless you own one and experience the Alfa “spark” or “zing” they all possess, you will never fully understand just how it makes you feel and for that alone here’s to many years of happy motoring".

Found this on web and think it aptly describes Alfa ownership......
Do you agree with sentiment?
Yep...
That's why I have 3...
Mufasa is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 84,959
Garage
3, that's just being greedy

It's nice to drive something a bit different & that feels a big special not sure what I'd have if I didn't own an Alfa.
David P is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,778
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
3, that's just being greedy

It's nice to drive something a bit different & that feels a big special not sure what I'd have if I didn't own an Alfa.
I know Dave!
But I still want more-Alfas are so desirable!!!
Anyways, enough about my issues....
Mufasa is offline  
Status: 00 V 00
AO Silver Member
 
alfamj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 1,315

Member car:

'05 350z

They are fantastic cars in fairness.
alfamj is offline  
Status: Still driving a Volvo :/
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
County: Galway
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
That's why I have 3...
And thats why you're broke
bear1 is offline  
Status: 00 V 00
AO Silver Member
 
alfamj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 1,315

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
and thats why you're broke
zing!
alfamj is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,778
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1 View Post
And thats why you're broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
zing!
Not necessarily gentlemen! And remember I've downsized from 4!!!
Wife and 2 kids are expensive to run too....
Mufasa is offline  
Jim33
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
This is the powertrain of the new 4C. I rest my case
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.1 KB, 20 views)
 
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,778
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim33 View Post
This is the powertrain of the new 4C. I rest my case
Giddy up!!!!
Mufasa is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Fluffyduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 2,788

Member car:

33 16v

I've lost my zing entirely. Engine won't turn over, locked solid. Was sweet as a nut on Sunday when I parked it. Suspect head gasket failure and water hydro locking cylinders but can't confirm till its bright.


ALFAs. Like that pretty but slightly unhinged girlfriend. Wild dirty fun most of the time but you're always worrying that she'll steal your wallet and screw you over
Fluffyduff is offline  
Status: 00 V 00
AO Silver Member
 
alfamj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 1,315

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
ALFAs. Like that pretty but slightly unhinged girlfriend. Wild dirty fun most of the time but you're always worrying that she'll steal your wallet and screw you over
HAHA! Very good Frank.

PS I hope you get it sorted
alfamj is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Fluffyduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 2,788

Member car:

33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
HAHA! Very good Frank.

PS I hope you get it sorted
I'm not too worried. She's a tough aul bit ch.
Fluffyduff is offline  
(Post Link) post #14 of 19 Old 09-04-13 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
azrielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Meath
Posts: 208

brillant description Fluffyduff
azrielle is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,778
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
I'm not too worried. She's a tough aul bit ch.
33 or Sud with the current issues?
Mufasa is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Fluffyduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ireland
County: Louth
Posts: 2,788

Member car:

33 16v

33. I was absolutely hammering it on sunday on the way back from c&c. It was running like a top but I thought there was a lot of vapour from the exhaust when I parked up at home. No overheating so should be ok. Have pulled muscle in my back so cant investigate further at the moment.

Plan to pull the sparkplugs and see what comes out when im flexible again. Ive another engine if worst comes to worst. 2 days after fresh tax and nct.
Fluffyduff is offline  
Status: The artist formerly known as Roarsbaby
AO Silver Member
 
Mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 5,778
Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
33. I was absolutely hammering it on sunday on the way back from c&c. It was running like a top but I thought there was a lot of vapour from the exhaust when I parked up at home. No overheating so should be ok. Have pulled muscle in my back so cant investigate further at the moment.

Plan to pull the sparkplugs and see what comes out when im flexible again. Ive another engine if worst comes to worst. 2 days after fresh tax and nct.
It's like it knows your handy with the spanners!
Loves the attention...
All the best with it when you do get to it.
Mufasa is offline  
Status: Loving the Gtv.
AO Member
 
NedFlanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrielle View Post
"You do not buy an Alfa Romeo for practicality, for speed, fuel efficiency or for reliability. If you want those specifics you have ample amount of alternatives on the market to satisfy those needs. What you are doing when purchasing an Alfa Romeo is buying into a part of that magnificent history they hold, a history which stems back all the way to 1906.

You are giving the proverbial two fingers up to normality and choosing the mad and the quirky, and for that, no-one perhaps does that greater than Alfa Romeo..

It is something perhaps some people on this site might not agree with me on, but unless you own one and experience the Alfa “spark” or “zing” they all possess, you will never fully understand just how it makes you feel and for that alone here’s to many years of happy motoring".

Found this on web and think it aptly describes Alfa ownership......
Do you agree with sentiment?


Big time.

We are on our third Alfa in 10 years. I hope my GTV is a keeper and I'm debating what my daily car will be ( if I can justify another Alfa! )......

One of the things that persuaded me to buy the Alfa was the Top Gear Alfa special. .... It didn't matter what the cars did to them ( and they did to the cars ) ... They still wanted them.

And to me the GTV in Proteo Red is just drop dead gorgeous......
NedFlanders is offline  
Status: Una nuova auto e necessaria
AO Silver Member
 
Cathal_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedFlanders View Post



And to me the GTV in Proteo Red is just drop dead gorgeous......

Oh I have to agreed totally with you..

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/attac...s-p2alloys.jpg
Cathal_H is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
alfa , zing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome