Brera 2.4's in Ireland - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

1Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 31 Old 03-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

159 Ti

Brera 2.4's in Ireland

Anyone know if theres a sniff of any coming up for sale or even sold recently? Getting itchy feet and contemplating one at the moment. Currently have an '07 GT. Seen one went for 10k here around this time last year but can't find much evidence of any others
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Cork
Garage
Rik's Brera was a bargain alright.
(Post Link) post #3 of 31 Old 03-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Crazy value that was. Couple of nice looking 2.2 petrols on Carzone but i'd say they'd be near impossible to shift. This Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 JTS COUPE Petrol 2008 Coupe for sale in Stillorgan €13,995 one seems to have been there for ever

Garage
And no doubt Wednesday's budget isn't going to make it any easier to move big engined cars.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
And no doubt Wednesday's budget isn't going to make it any easier to move big engined cars.
And so we will see a proliferation of Skoda Superbs with 1.2L engines!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdunne View Post
Anyone know if theres a sniff of any coming up for sale or even sold recently? Getting itchy feet and contemplating one at the moment. Currently have an '07 GT. Seen one went for 10k here around this time last year but can't find much evidence of any others
Plenty in the UK... IMO it makes sense to get a decent car over there if you do your research in advance. Even with VRT, currency difference etc you'd be far more likely to get a fine car for good money..
(Post Link) post #7 of 31 Old 03-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitrim155 View Post
Plenty in the UK... IMO it makes sense to get a decent car over there if you do your research in advance. Even with VRT, currency difference etc you'd be far more likely to get a fine car for good money..
Yeah. I was looking on the UK sites alright. Loads there. Would be looking around 12-14k before another 4k VRT going by the prices on autotrader based on an 08 which would be steep

What price does tax come in pre-budget here on an 08? Couldn't find a reg to put in the motor tax website.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be an 08 but i'd prefer to go up in years ideally. Pity there weren't many of the 1.75TBi's sold in them

Garage
Quote:
What price does tax come in pre-budget here on an 08? Couldn't find a reg to put in the motor tax website.
I just used Rik's 07 reg (it was a UK import) & that came in at 962
(Post Link) post #9 of 31 Old 03-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Quote:
I just used Rik's 07 reg (it was a UK import) & that came in at 962
Yeah had done that myself but thats pre-emissions in 07 so it'd be different for 08 forward I think.
AO Member

Quote:
Yeah. I was looking on the UK sites alright. Loads there. Would be looking around 12-14k before another 4k VRT going by the prices on autotrader based on an 08 which would be steep

Wouldn't necessarily have to be an 08 but i'd prefer to go up in years ideally. Pity there weren't many of the 1.75TBi's sold in them
I'd like a bigger engine next time I go looking for a new (to me) motor....even a A5 3.0tdi
It will have had to be registered after 01/01/08 in original country of registration to benefit from emissions based vrt and road tax....But we are gonna probably be screwed big style on Wednesday so maybe best to look at this on Thursday ???? I know how I will be feeling come Wednesday evening
(Post Link) post #11 of 31 Old 03-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Quote:
I'd like a bigger engine next time I go looking for a new (to me) motor....even a A5 3.0tdi
It will have had to be registered after 01/01/08 in original country of registration to benefit from emissions based vrt and road tax....But we are gonna probably be screwed big style on Wednesday so maybe best to look at this on Thursday ???? I know how I will be feeling come Wednesday evening
True that. Sure to go up no doubt. Hopefully its just a bit of scaremongering. They'll probably put it up a little bit less than people think so that we go ah sure its not as much as we thought thats grand and not complain too much.

Garage
Quote:
Yeah had done that myself but thats pre-emissions in 07 so it'd be different for 08 forward I think.
I thought you mightn't have had that reg either, yes that's the rate based on CC.

I noticed Motortax.ie removed all the tables of rates a while back Maybe they didn't want to frighten people

Garage
This might be of interest from last year's budget, CC & CO2 tax rates https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...ml#post4507762
(Post Link) post #14 of 31 Old 04-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Cheers for that. Based on emissions here and the emissions against the classes here it fall into class E at €677 currently.

The independent are reporting a 15% increase for the CO2 based tax and 7% for the CC rates. Currently €300 cheaper between an 07 and 08.

Garage
That's a fair bit of a difference isn't it.
(Post Link) post #16 of 31 Old 04-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Quote:
That's a fair bit of a difference isn't it.
Not as much as a BMW 520D that falls into the A category! Nice difference alright but I find that the price comparrison between 07's and 08's here usually reflects the saving too.
AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Quote:
It was after 1st of July, not January..!
Just in case you find a nice Jan reg import..

Garage
The change from CC based tax to the emissions based tax occured on the 1/7/08 but new cars registered here between 1/1/08 & the 30/6/08 had the option of switching from the CC based tax to the emissions based tax, I'm not not sure if that applies to imports.

Last edited by David P; 07-12-12 at 13:53.
AO Member

Member car:

166 3.0L V6

I was kinda interested in the 2.2 Brera's but am I right in thinking that even the new CO2 Tax Rates look like the Tax would be over 1K? Anyone got one that can inform me correctly?
(Post Link) post #20 of 31 Old 09-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Your corect. High emissions so would be 1200. Its what put me off them too.
AO Member

County: Meath
here you go
(Post Link) post #22 of 31 Old 16-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donalh View Post
here you go
He's just added pictures although their not the greatest. Looks a nice car though. Mileage is quite high though so not sure if it'd be for me. Might give him a shout when though
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
well, nobody wants to sell a 20VT Fiat Coupe in yellow, so I might buy this Brera, get it serviced, than take it to Rosslare - Cherbourg - Bilbao - Monte Carlo - Budapest - Munich - Cherbourg - Dublin. Would you be interested in buying it a lot cheaper in June, from me, a CDO "sufferer", after this extensive road test?
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by klapanciusz View Post
well, nobody wants to sell a 20VT Fiat Coupe in yellow, so I might buy this Brera, get it serviced, than take it to Rosslare - Cherbourg - Bilbao - Monte Carlo - Budapest - Munich - Cherbourg - Dublin. Would you be interested in buying it a lot cheaper in June, from me, a CDO "sufferer", after this extensive road test?
Levente you're a legend!
AO Member

County: Meath
Why do people insist on crappy photos? I always think if they can't be arsed to to post good photos then what else can't the be arsed to look after on the car.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
brera , ireland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page