155... gone - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 24 Old 29-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

155... gone

Well after 5 years of ownership I sold my 155
I got soooo much driving pleasure out of it but needs really do must in this case so its a sad goodbye but I was always conscious it would go to a good home and I get the feeling it has. The lad who collected it last night had just earlier sold a Lancia Delta to pay for it so thats commitment. And he has an Abarth
This car has been to many an AO meet and turned heads at them all so if you do see it in the future it will be in different hands. I'd like to think it has contributed to each of those meets and helped by keeping the variety of alfa models high. In fact I think Damien drove it more often than I did at the meets
They are quite a rare beast and that was one of the many attractions to that car for me but the biggest was in 1996 being at the Phoenix Park races and seeing two DTM 155s racing each other around the circuit. At the time they were the most technically advanced cars to be found on a racetrack anywhere, Nicola Larrini was one of the drivers that day and I could not believe the power, the sound, the speed, the handling and the look. We were at the end of the home straight and to see that aggressive downward looking nose under braking then powering into the sharp corner was incredible, I had never seen anything like it before. Ever since that day it was my mission to own one and I have been lucky enough to own 2. I had seen one or two very early models around Dublin before that and really liked them but this was something very special, I will never forget that day in the park because it took my love of cars to a new level.
My motivation for selling on is that I have a company chariot plus a 75 that is my new project that I havent even started on a year into ownership so the 155 was just sitting on my driveway not being used and that goes against my laws on car ownership.

Anyway I could go on all night but I wont. But I would like to thank all those who organised and attended the meets I was at because it was when I could really appreciate the car properly, driving some great roads in good alfisti company and discussing all things Alfa and seeing so much interest in the car made me quite a proud owner. I told the new owner about this website so hopefully we will see him on here soon. And if your lucky I will get my 75 to one. That would be my third model after the 155 and 33 (which also went to safe hands and is in use)

Dont bend the rules, Rule the bends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Sorry to hear she is gone Mark. When I spoke to you about the car at the Kilkenny meet I could tell you were seriously passionate about the 155, the DTM history, Tarquini etc.. At least it's gone to a seemingly good home.

Thanks again for letting me taking her for a spin down at the Kilkenny meet too- Fantastic car, and it went around [wet] corners like no other car I have ever been in!

I found an old pic here, not a great one but I thought I'd share it anyways.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...j/e0c5deb7.jpg
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Congratulations on the sale Mark, that car really wanted for nothing in your ownership and really is a testament as to how much you loved it.
It really will be missed at the meets as it really has been a great regular at them since the start.
Having said that it really does bode well for the 75 and I really luck forward to seeing it at a meet invite not so distant future with you grinning ear to ear behind the wheel
(Post Link) post #4 of 24 Old 29-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

cheers lads, mj I think I frightened the absolute **** out of you around those bends but when you get to now a car and what she can and cant handle like I did with the 155 you get confident in her abilities.
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
you've given that car so much love nobody else could've

Rory, pls fix the tenses/grammar so I can edit the post
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Ah Mark I know what its like to get rid of an Alfa , still miss the 147 ( Pawel has it Now) and my Ti , as your 155 they wanted for nothing .. but needs must .. Glad it went to a good home
AO Gold Member

County: Merseyside
You will miss it....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa155 TS View Post
cheers lads, mj I think I frightened the absolute **** out of you around those bends but when you get to now a car and what she can and cant handle like I did with the 155 you get confident in her abilities.
Definitely Mark I remember I stopped talking mid-sentence a few times as you railroaded around the bends

When do you hope to have the 75 out and about? I saw the video you posted on Octane, sounds very well.
AO Silver Member

County: Louth

Member car:

33 16v

Sorry you had to sell up, but at least it'll release funds so you can press on with the 75
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

Anyone wanna bet how long it'll be before he's in a 155 again ?

County: Cork
Garage
Sorry to hear you've sold the 155 Mark, it's always a sad day when it comes saying goodbye

Anyway it sounds like you've had some good time with the 155, I remember it making the trip to West Cork a while back.

Good luck with the 75 project, hopefully we'll see it making an appearance at a few AO meets in the future
(Post Link) post #12 of 24 Old 31-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

Rob please! I've just gotten rid dont tempt me

Re the 75 I have no idea, the situation with where its stored is a bit awkward at the moment so its delaying the job but I'll do my best
propellorhead

Glad it went to a good home Mark, even if it wasnt mine

Dont want to say owt, but dublinsean is selling a 75 in the for sale section, just saying....

AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Need sound for this one (haha)

best of Alfa romeo 155 - YouTube
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by klapanciusz View Post
you've given that car so much love nobody else could've

Rory, pls fix the tenses/grammar so I can edit the post
Which bit Levente?
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Well after 5 years of ownership I sold my 155
I got soooo much driving pleasure out of it but needs really do must in this case so its a sad goodbye but I was always conscious it would go to a good home and I get the feeling it has. The lad who collected it last night had just earlier sold a Lancia Delta to pay for it so thats commitment. And he has an Abarth
This car has been to many an AO meet and turned heads at them all so if you do see it in the future it will be in different hands. I'd like to think it has contributed to each of those meets and helped by keeping the variety of alfa models high. In fact I think Damien drove it more often than I did at the meets
They are quite a rare beast and that was one of the many attractions to that car for me but the biggest was in 1996 being at the Phoenix Park races and seeing two DTM 155s racing each other around the circuit. At the time they were the most technically advanced cars to be found on a racetrack anywhere, Nicola Larrini was one of the drivers that day and I could not believe the power, the sound, the speed, the handling and the look. We were at the end of the home straight and to see that aggressive downward looking nose under braking then powering into the sharp corner was incredible, I had never seen anything like it before. Ever since that day it was my mission to own one and I have been lucky enough to own 2. I had seen one or two very early models around Dublin before that and really liked them but this was something very special, I will never forget that day in the park because it took my love of cars to a new level.
My motivation for selling on is that I have a company chariot plus a 75 that is my new project that I havent even started on a year into ownership so the 155 was just sitting on my driveway not being used and that goes against my laws on car ownership.

Anyway I could go on all night but I wont. But I would like to thank all those who organised and attended the meets I was at because it was when I could really appreciate the car properly, driving some great roads in good alfisti company and discussing all things Alfa and seeing so much interest in the car made me quite a proud owner. I told the new owner about this website so hopefully we will see him on here soon. And if your lucky I will get my 75 to one. That would be my third model after the 155 and 33 (which also went to safe hands and is in use)
Know how you feel Mark.
My Sud ti went last week....
AO Silver Member

County: Louth

Member car:

33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
My Sud ti went last week....
Good home?
(Post Link) post #18 of 24 Old 01-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

that was the red one Rory wasnt it?
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
Good home?
Yep. Nice fella down in Kerry - has her garaged and will be doing her up as he goes.
Funny thinking back Frank, really did think it was for you but such is life!

Quote:
that was the red one Rory wasnt it?
Yep. I have a game plan now with the fleet.
Couple of niggles on the 156 and get it through NCT.
Strip donor car and get shot of shell+bits and pieces.
Sort Sud-few mechanicals and light bodywork.
Then it's into the wife's Beetle....
(Post Link) post #20 of 24 Old 03-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

nothing like a parts car rory, meself and gerry got ourselves a parts 155, so handy to have. Likewise we stripped out panels, bonnet etc. bodywork mostly and scrapped the rest,
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
nothing like a parts car rory, meself and gerry got ourselves a parts 155, so handy to have. Likewise we stripped out panels, bonnet etc. bodywork mostly and scrapped the rest,
I hear ya.
No 166 anymore so I will be getting shot of it and TS Eddie will be buying the shell!!
Same colour as his Super - rude not to, right?
mo4
AO Member

County: -
Hope it went to a good home Mark, and hope you get the finger out with the 75
(Post Link) post #23 of 24 Old 07-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 2.0 8v

It did Morgan but the 75 is on the long finger for the time being
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo4 View Post
Hope it went to a good home Mark, and hope you get the finger out with the 75
Morgan you can be Mark's accountability partner...

Giddy up Mark!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page