alfa diag - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 22 Old 16-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
alfa diag

Is there anyone about that has an Alfa Diag (and hows how to use it) that could hook it up to my GT to read the P1141 code, see where its coming from?
Or anyone that would know how to check what the cause of it is...

today if possible.. ill drive out.. im West dublin (D15) myself...

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Member car:

Alfa Romeo

P1141 is caused by faulty 02 sensor heater. What's wrong exactly with your car?
AO Member

I have Fiat ECU Scan and in Dublin 9 if that's of any use?
(Post Link) post #4 of 22 Old 16-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked131 View Post
P1141 is caused by faulty 02 sensor heater. What's wrong exactly with your car?
i was told P1141 can be a number of things from that sensor to a faulty fuel injector.. i want to know what is actually causing it before i start going replacing things..
Id like to take it into TI Autos, but they close before i get out of work and they dont seem to be open weekends...

so i want to get it onto an alfa diag (or similar) to see what/if there is a missfire or if one of the jets isnt working right or what ever.
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

TI open at 8 in the morning weekdays if that's any use.
(Post Link) post #6 of 22 Old 16-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
TI open at 8 in the morning weekdays if that's any use.
unfortunately not. .. might have to see if i can bail early on friday to get out there.
AO Silver Member

County: Cork

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

How do you know the code already?? Alfadiag wont tell you much more than the code and brief description. (Just trying to save you taking time off). Search the code on this site and no doubt answers will appear.

Or are you just trying to delete it again having had it before?
(Post Link) post #8 of 22 Old 20-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Daryl View Post
How do you know the code already?? Alfadiag wont tell you much more than the code and brief description. (Just trying to save you taking time off). Search the code on this site and no doubt answers will appear.

Or are you just trying to delete it again having had it before?

i figured the Alfa Diag would be a more indepth thing than just the hand held code reader i have.. ..

anyway, took it into TI and they immediately knew the car. essentially its a write off.. ut have it sorted as a trade in, not loosing any money on it.. just hassle is all.

if im honest i didnt really take to the GT anyway. dont see the point in it. never gave me a real thrill in driving it.. sorry to say, i wont miss it.

but having said. lesson learned. not buying from a private add again.

Garage
Sounds like you had a lucky escape, what did you trade it for if you don't mind me asking, another Alfa ?
(Post Link) post #10 of 22 Old 20-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Sounds like you had a lucky escape, what did you trade it for if you don't mind me asking, another Alfa ?
no. learned my lesson with Italian cars. buy decent or dont buy.
im getting a Mazda RX8. 225bhp version.. thought i really need to loose the wheels its on. so i might/will have a set of 18 inch BBS rims up for sale soon i reckon. 5x114 i think. they are nice. just far to big for the car i think.

but as for the Alfa.. everything i expected to find was there.. the Variator, Fault Injector. but turned out it basicaly needes an engine overhaul. theres a misfire (didnt hear it) and it needs new oil seals and a new cam shaft .. so either an engine overhaul or a new engine, or take the 2k and buy a new car. which is what im doing.

the GT is a lovely car, but doesnt drive anything like it should with the style of car it is. really does drive like a 147 (not that thats a bad thing, but a 147 is not a sports car) if i want a car that does that ill buy a 147... which i might do down the line.
the GT is not worth the money it sold for..
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW E92 320D

What engine was in it? I have driven the 1.9 JTD GT and I actually liked it a lot. Didnt find one I wanted to splash the cash on thogh and went bmw route
(Post Link) post #12 of 22 Old 21-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Daryl View Post
What engine was in it? I have driven the 1.9 JTD GT and I actually liked it a lot. Didnt find one I wanted to splash the cash on thogh and went bmw route
JTS.. the engine is the same in all the cars though.. 1.9 JTD is the same in the GT, 147, 156, 159 .. its the actually car its self i mean.. was nothing special to drive, not worth the massive extra money over the 147 imo ..
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

If you had bought a well sorted one I suspect you might have had a different opinion of the GT. The car you bought sounded like it was a right pig of a yoke, a tail happy one at that!

I hope you have better luck with the RX8. Remember to give the rotary a proper warm up before giving it the beans
(Post Link) post #14 of 22 Old 21-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamj View Post
If you had bought a well sorted one I suspect you might have had a different opinion of the GT. The car you bought sounded like it was a right pig of a yoke, a tail happy one at that!

I hope you have better luck with the RX8. Remember to give the rotary a proper warm up before giving it the beans
god yeah i never run a car from cold if i can avoid it.. and sure dont gun it from cold..

i dont know. even now isit in the GT and i look around and all i see if 147. it fells like a half ased coupe rather than a purpose built one. i fell they could have done a heel of alot better. i would love a good GTV, and i cant wait to see what Mazda and Alfa come up with in the new roadster they are building together. thats gonna be something special i reckon.

but maybe your right, maybe i just got a pig. thought i bought a pig of a 146, but loved that car so much, and was so much fun to drive. shame someone smashed into the back of me and wrote it off.
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

156SW,166x3,Sud

Quote:

This might be useful?
How to Drive a Six-Speed Manual Mazda RX-8 | eHow.com
All the best with the car Ruairi and will we see the 166 on the road at all?
Michael should I post your Monza in the for sale thread?
Lovely car....
Damien_C

Man, you can't judge a whole range of cars on a bloodly write off. The car wasn't right from the start so it is giving you a skewed view of the range.

(Post Link) post #17 of 22 Old 24-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
This might be useful?
How to Drive a Six-Speed Manual Mazda RX-8 | eHow.com
All the best with the car Ruairi and will we see the 166 on the road at all?
Lovely car....
the 166 im not too sure now.. i havent the cash or the space to do anything with it.. ill hold onto it for a while, mainly cos im still trying to get the registration cert still. but im hoping to get it going.. needs the brakes looking at, slave cylinder replaced and i guess timing belt done.. so its a bit of a money project at the moment. other than that she drives like a dream. thinking though next one i get will be something decent.
Id love to get it on the road properly but not sure ill be able to.. if i can get the brakes done might get it out once at least.
LOL thanks for that link you forget the bit about foot to the floor and turn left while turning right.
ill try to get out for the next meet at least.

that might be the case Damien, but i dont think ill be looking at another GT any time soon.id actually love another 146. that was a nice car.
Damien_C

Get a proper spin in a decent 156 etc and you'll notice the difference. A lamped car cannot be judged as it clearly wasn't fixed right if it going back.

The 166 if you are breaking it let me know I need a few bits for my own. Just as a crushed the one I had something would go in my own car.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Lovely car....
Cheers Rory, overlooked posting it there. I will put it up there now...
(Post Link) post #20 of 22 Old 24-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Get a proper spin in a decent 156 etc and you'll notice the difference. A lamped car cannot be judged as it clearly wasn't fixed right if it going back.

The 166 if you are breaking it let me know I need a few bits for my own. Just as a crushed the one I had something would go in my own car.
ill prob be looking to sell the entire car if your interested ...

sure im no stranger to Alfa's man ... in the family we have had
Dad - 146 1.6 Ts, 156 1.8 Lusso, 147 1.6 Lusso, Guelitta 1.4 Multi air
Me - 146 1.6 Ts, 166 (not really driven), GT (never got attached)
Drove all of dads cars regularly, Having said the Guelitta is nice to drive but a bit bland if im honest, not a hugh amount of feeling through the controles. the 146 and 156 were the bests ones to drive i think really.

im not judging all the cars by any means, just didn't get too fond od the GT.. like you said prob that i had a lemon, but the 146 was a lemon too and that was a great car. if i get ... when i get another alfa ill be going for something like a 156 i think.. and ill be staying away from the JTS this time..
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublevin View Post
and ill be staying away from the JTS this time..
You were well warned before you bought the GT...those damn injectors
(Post Link) post #22 of 22 Old 24-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
You were well warned before you bought the GT...those damn injectors
i could handle the injectors, had that all budget for .. even if it was all 4 for them.
the straw that broke the back was the fact it needed an entire engine overhaul.

the engine lights refereed to 2 of the lamda sensors. and as said needed an injector..
however what you wouldnt have known was that it also needed new piston seals, new cam shard and new (something else, forget what) which means either an engine overhaul or a new engine both coming in at about 2k-ish ..
so options were,
1 - put the 2k into the GT to try to get it back to spec
2 - take the 2k and buy something else and then try to sell the GT
3 - put the 2k with the GT as a trade in towards another car from a dealer.

tbh i regret buying the GT, but i stand by what i did.. you dont take the chance you dont learn, and if you take the chance you could end up with a gem. the last alfa (146) was a gem.. needed a bit of work but everything i could handle.
thats also the reason why i took the 166. which i think has the potential to be a gem. its a great running car, i just dont have the cash to put into it right no. it doesnt need alot.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
alfa , diag

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page