Attn RoI Members - Assistance Needed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 15-09-12 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Attn RoI Members - Assistance Needed

Hi all,

One of our members Fraser is taking part in a charity climb and bike ride for Help for Heroes and has asked for us generous folks "over the water" for a little help as detailed in the following thread as there will be some parts of the charity climb in the RoI.

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/way-o...es-appeal.html

If you can help please PM him or get in touch.

I'll unsticky this thread after the event.

Thanks

Gav

Last edited by GTV Gav; 15-09-12 at 19:40.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Link appears to be broken
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Brera 2.0 JTDm

AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Ta..!

County: Cork
Garage
Fraser has updated his blog again https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/way-o...ml#post4998082

Garage
They are in Ireland today :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Frank View Post
Well, the upside for yesterday was that the intrepid duo managed to get on an earlier ferry reaching they're Belfast stop about 10 pm last night. The weather forecaster for today in Ireland is improving, so all hopes are that by the end of the day they'll be in better fettle.
Unfortunately weather for Wales is not boding well at the moment.

Garage
Well they've completed the challenge, well done guys Here's a direct link to the donation page for anyone who wants to donate Terrenus H4H Challenge

Here's a few posts taken from the official thread https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/way-o...es-appeal.html in WOT for anyone who hasn't seen the updates :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Frank View Post
I left the boys at 1.30 this afternoon as they started up the ben. I then called and spoke to Willie again about 6.30 as they were coming down after the summit (long story, Fraser lost his phone and it was picked up by a very nice, and very helpfull, Dutchman who had the good grace to call a few numbers on the phone to try and return it to it's rightfull owner, eventually getting me (poor man)). Anyway, 4 peaks now complete and well done to the guys for such a painfull (9 days on bikes) and demanding task.

My question to you, dear reader, is, if you haven't yet donated, why not?? You can afford to run an Alfa Romeo and buy fuel, not to mention your nice shiny computer/gadget, so, I'm sure you can afford a pound or two to help support the Brittish troops who are injured in the line of their duty. No, you are not funding any war on any front, you are simply helping to provide some care and comfort for those that are, all too often, let down by the same politicians that send them in to conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
Well, that's my pan (and my backside) well and truly knocked in. We completed the challenge by reaching the summit of Ben Nevis on Monday at around 5pm. We have cycled over 650 miles and climbed 3.9 peaks in ten days (Scaffel Pike beat us, the blighter). My bum doesn't want to go near a bike saddle for some time but, apart from that and a sore shoulder, I'm feeling pretty good.

The help from Gaz, Ghostydog and Fast Frank was invaluable and I'm indebted to the mod team for putting up the stickies in the various lounges.

Thanks also go to the AO members who have added to the total that currently stands at 4,805 plus 473 gift aid. I am confident of beating the 5,000 plus gift aid target in the next few days. Maybe with more help from AO members I can beat it quicker than that?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
assistance , attn , members , needed , roi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page