DPF issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 28-08-12 Thread Starter

County: Galway

Member car:

Saab 93

DPF issue

Hi all,

New here, and full disclosure from the start: I have a a Saab, not an Alfa. But I read that the engines are basically the same, and I couldn't find an Irish Saab forum, so here goes:

It has the 1.9 TID engine (150 bhp) and it looks like the DPF is giving trouble. I'm getting a "limited performance" message on the dash and the acceleration seems restricted. It will go up to 60/70 mph, but very slowly, so it's not a "limp home" mode.

Has anyone here had a similar issue with their engine, and if so, what options have I for solutions? A full replacement is gonna be big bucks, so what can I do to keep the cost down?

Anyone know of how successful removal of DPF and re-mapping is in the long run? Any issues with NCT emissions testing?

Anyone know of an indie garage in the Galway area that I should speak to before taking the nuclear option of going to the main dealer in limerick?

Thanks,

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Cork
Garage
Welcome to AO Wayne.

As you say the engine is similar to the 1.9 JTD so you should find some info here Alfa 147, 156 & GT - Alfa Romeo Forum & possibly here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...nd-946-spider/

Hopefully you get it sorted without too much trouble or cost.

Last edited by David P; 28-08-12 at 10:09.
AO Silver Member

County: Wicklow
are you sure it's the DPF and not the EGR? or sticky valves? if you're sure this is DPF related, I found this:
Shameless plug - DPF Cleaning, EGR's, Manifolds etc [Archive] - Octane.ie Forums
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 28-08-12 Thread Starter

Member car:

Saab 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by klapanciusz View Post
are you sure it's the DPF and not the EGR? or sticky valves? if you're sure this is DPF related, I found this:
Shameless plug - DPF Cleaning, EGR's, Manifolds etc [Archive] - Octane.ie Forums
The indie garage where it's sitting at the moment have said that they cleaned the egr, so I'm taking their word for it that it's not that. They are going to talk to the Saab dealer in limerick to see what my options are, but I can imagine them just insisting on a new DPF.
AO Member

County: Cork

Member car:

A hot motor

I see you posted on a thread on octane and I think a pm to the op will have you sorted out in a very quick and efficient manner
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 28-08-12 Thread Starter

Member car:

Saab 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser soce View Post
I see you posted on a thread on octane and I think a pm to the op will have you sorted out in a very quick and efficient manner
Yes, and thanks to klapanciusz for the link.

I sent a pm to him, hopefully he'll get back soon. He says he has a one-day turnaround, so I'm hoping to hear from him today of possible. Need the car desperately for work next week!

Thanks
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 28-08-12 Thread Starter

Member car:

Saab 93

Very impressed with all the help I'm getting here. Pity there's nothing like it (that I can find anyway) for Irish Saab owners.

Thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
dpf , issue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page