Thinking of switching from my 159 t0 a GT JTDM... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 07-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Limerick

Member car:

159 1.8 Turismo

Thinking of switching from my 159 t0 a GT JTDM...

Thinking of trading in...will I see a huge difference between both?

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Some of what I said here is relevant I guess

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...166-vs-gt.html
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

'05 350z

Go for it pete.... you won't be disappointed... however the GT doesn't have the same quality feel as the 159 does. Road noise is a bit louder in the GT and the dash is not as stylish as the 159. The GT cabin is a nice place to be though, the seats really do hug you.

As for spec try look for a GT Monza JTDm (or 'Blackline' if a UK import). This has a nicer spec with 18" stylish wheels, some minor tweaks to the exterior and interior trim. The Cloverleaf is also a sweet spec too. The only downside is that the bigger wheels result in a more thrashy ride.

If you want to have a look over my GT the next time I'm down in LK your more than welcome- mine is a petrol though.

County: Cork
Garage
Both of these threads might be helpful ( or not ) although neither reference the 1.8MPI 159 IIRC :

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gener...not-159-a.html

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...y-goodbye.html
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 10-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Limerick

Member car:

159 1.8 Turismo

Thanks lads..I had a look at it on Saturday, it is a Blackline Alfamj....I like te interior to be honest...the body on it was not great on it...Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDM BLACKLINE 02DR Diesel 2008 Coupe for sale in Limerick City €15,995. Have to say I am tempted but for 16k...I dunno?
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

The only difference between a Monza/Blackline and the older (say 2004) model GTs is the interior (seats and stitching) and the wheels really. The emissions of the engines are slightly different, but that's it. In all other respects, the GT was unchanged throughout it's life (aside from the addition of a 'sport' mode that effectively gave the car an 'on demand' remap - this was only available on the Cloverleaf versions as far as I know and not sure that it was ever sold here.

So keep that in mind when comparing a 2008 GT to a (say) 2006 GT. But, if you wanted a newer car, then absolutely go for something like the one you've linked to.

For example, this car has been for sale for ages. I don't know if anyone has gone to see it, but I would if I was in the market for a JTD GT.

*** 2006 Alfa Romeo GT*** for sale in Monaghan : €7,500 - DoneDeal.ie

The Blackline you've linked to is very nice (most Monzas/Blacklines look nice it has to be said), but it seems like a lot of money for a GT. Just be aware that it's an import as the Blackline was sold as the Monza in Ireland. Not that it should matter - I imported my own GT.

Keep in mind that the timing belt and water pump should be changed on the JTD at 4-5 years or 60,000-72,000 miles.

Cowboys Ted, they're a bunch of cowboys!
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

'05 350z

That car is a bit pricey.

The monza / blackline is pretty much what CCovich said compared to the lusso, sportivo and collezione models. You will however find on the exterior of the Monza, satin crome coloured mirrors and satin 'whiskers' on the bottom front bumper. Also the '08s+ have red brake calipers as standard. Some blacklines have a boot with a spoiler lip. Not a huge fan of that though.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
159 , jtdm , switching , thinking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page