Recommend Body Shop - Dublin - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 02-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Recommend Body Shop - Dublin

So, some spatially unaware Civic reversed into my Giulietta yesterday, scratching and damaging the rear bumper and side panel.

Can anyone advise on a body shop in Dublin (northside pref) who will return it to it's full glory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Not on the Northside but Dennings are just off the M50 at the Tallaght exit (Spa Well side). Have used them before and the service was excellent.
(Post Link) post #3 of 12 Old 02-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for that, going to pop out to them and see.

Pain in the arse, but just want her fixed up
Damien_C

Axa crash repairs did my company car and did a great job of it to be fair in the Robbinhood industrial estate.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCOVICH View Post
Not on the Northside but Dennings are just off the M50 at the Tallaght exit (Spa Well side). Have used them before and the service was excellent.
I didn't find them all too great. I went out there one morning for a quote and a dealt with a disinterested individual who said he would give me a call back with a quote- heard nothing back from them so needless to say I didn't avail of their services. Waste of a morning. On the other hand I hear there repairs are quite good but expect to pay for it.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

The repair work I had done by Dennings cost around 50% of the quotes I got from 2 other accident repair places. It was a big enough job too.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

'05 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCOVICH View Post
The repair work I had done by Dennings cost around 50% of the quotes I got from 2 other accident repair places. It was a big enough job too.
A mate of mine brought his Golf down there and got a quote over 300 for a respray job to the rear bumper. He got the same job done elsewhere for just a tad under 200. The repair shops that handle a lot of the insurance claims tend to be a bit more on the pricey side.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

The job I had done in Dennings was for cash (but through the books). I hear what you are saying about insurance places, but where bodywork is involved as opposed to just painting, it's best not to take any chances. One of the lads on here was showing us the job he had done following a tip and it was truly shocking - I'm recommending Dennings because they did a very good job for me and the price I paid vs the price I was quoted elsewhere was very competitive.

I'd certainly recommend the OP get several quotes and not just go to the first place recommended by me.

If the OP wasn't in Dublin, I'd advise him to use another guy I have used several times, but he's in Donegal.

Cowboys Ted, they're a bunch of cowboys!
AO Member

Member car:

Volvo 440

I've heard trimtech in airside swords, are quite good, no personal experience with them, but if I was getting work done I'd give them a shout.
AO Member

Member car:

08 147 Monza

Lorcan Byrne Crash Repairs

Have used the above once for big enough job. Full side and front bumper respray and repair of some body work denting on said panels. Was about 750 but an excellent job. Well worth it IMO
(Post Link) post #11 of 12 Old 04-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Out at Dennings and got comprehensive quote, getting another 1-2 this week as well.

I'm not footing the bill, but equally want the job done right and least amount of hassle.
AO Member

County: Carlow

Member car:

155 widebody

never used them before but they do exceptional work, and the owner is a great guy im sure if he heard about someone coming across as disinterested he'd have something to say to him!!!
sorry to hear about the car dude best of luck with it..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
body , dublin , recommend , shop

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page