FS My 156 JTD - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Republic of Ireland All events and potential meets in Ireland

propellorhead

FS My 156 JTD

Now then lads, the DMF is gone on her so factor in a new clutch kit aswell.

Since I got the car I have changed the upper / lower wisbones / drop links / track rod ends / front brake discs and pads front / have new rears to be supplied with the car / New thermostat Also supplied. recent filter and oil change.

New t.belt and water pump fitted 2000k ago by a garage (I'm not that brave!).

Its a '03 proteo red 1.9 115bhp, car is well used with black leather interior and BOSE sound system.

I have spent a ton of money on this car already and I cannot justify spending the more on her to repair, as I just bought the 33.

I'm open to offers on this and I'm being realistic that it'll take a few euro to fix the clutch.

Its on 17 inch selespeed alloys and I have a set of winter wheels to go with it.

I am really sick about this as I wanted to keep this car for a few years hence t.belt wishbones being changed etc.

I think its safe to say, spares or repair

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

propellorhead

Forgot to mention, NCT till sept and airbag light is on

AO Gold Member

County: Carlow
Ah..sorry to hear you're letting her go Marra.. She's a lush car.. :mygrin1:

Just our of interest..You fancy selling those 17"ers seperate like..? I might be interested (if they'll fit the Spider..!)
AO Silver Member

County: Cork
crap.. sorry to hear about your car... DMF and clutch and labour would add up alright...

Is there no way you might get the parts in from the UK and get one of the experienced Alfisti to do the work for you? It just seems like you've put so much cash into her now, one more payout and you've a sound car for many more miles/years.... (you would hope anyway).

for someone with clutch-changing-experience this is one good car imo.

but then again if you're working on the 33's they'll too soak away cash....

Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili, Guidare come se fosse un Italiano.

propellorhead

Thanks lads, got your pm there George Tbh Cathal Our lass is the one using the car most of the time and after the t.belt and water pump was done I was sure that would be it for the 2 years we were intending to keep it, with this DMF thing now I've just about had it, 'tis a shame but I am not putting another cent into it. It can f**king rot away on the drive for all I careand there it will stay till it sells or I can be arsed to strip it.

Forgive my harsh words, I'm just pi33ed off with it all. On the plus side the 33 has been pressed into daily service and is performing very well, I had a tangle with one of the '00 A4 boys tonight and won convincingly!

Oh, btw probably the wrong place to ask I know but if anyone hears of a soulless hatchback of golf or megane variety give me a shout (its going to be HER car, so she can chose what she wants, I've got my 33)

propellorhead

Ok, so the 156 is going up on DD for a week (cue numerous pointless inane texts) then I've a mate at work whose brother has a 156 so he has first dibs on the bits should I decide I have time to break her.

Failing that it pains me to say she's a scrapper, its a bloody nice car too if it wasnt for that feckin DMF. I have actually bought an entire car with tax and nct in great condition for less than it would cost to fix my Alfa. Its not right.

propellorhead

SOLD, to a mechanic from Naas. 2hours on done deal. Job done.

It will be getting black alloys with a polished lip apparently. Could look nice with the proteo red paint.

County: Cork
Garage
Sorry to hear you had to let it go, but glad you managed to sell it on quickly
Damien_C

Congrats on selling it man.

AO Silver Member

County: Dublin
Garage

Member car:

166V6,SudQO

Great stuff Jim!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Ireland > Republic of Ireland

Tags
156 , jtd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page